Prayer request for a fallen compulsive gambler...

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟282,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Everybody stumbles, S.ilvio. If we didn't, we wouldn't need a Savior. Recover, redouble your efforts, get to Confession, and work on it. Is there anyone else who can help you manage your money, maybe set up a direct account or a direct depsoit system to make sure your mom's rent gets paid even if you do stumble?

Upvote 0

S.ilvio

Jul 16, 2011
Dublin
✟343,676.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm returning to this thread in a very different frame of mind to when I started it.

Tomorrow I give my mum a double weeks money to cover some of her Christmas expenses.

Its such a joy yo be able to do this for her.

With God's help and prayers from you guys I was able to pick myself back up from the massive low I got myself in back in April.

So this is just a reminder to everyone out there that there is a future for us all. No matter how low we get of mess up our lives, we can get things back on track, thank God...:)

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
I'm returning to this thread in a very different frame of mind to when I started it.

Tomorrow I give my mum a double weeks money to cover some of her Christmas expenses.

Its such a joy yo be able to do this for her.

With God's help and prayers from you guys I was able to pick myself back up from the massive low I got myself in back in April.

So this is just a reminder to everyone out there that there is a future for us all. No matter how low we get of mess up our lives, we can get things back on track, thank God...:)

We've had our differences, but I'm glad to see that you are doing better than you were in April. I hope you continue to do well and that you don't have any relapses into your vice. We all have some monkey on our back that we have to be careful not to let control us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

S.ilvio

Jul 16, 2011
Dublin
✟343,676.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
We've had our differences, but I'm glad to see that you are doing better than you were in April. I hope you continue to do well and that you don't have any relapses into your vice. We all have some monkey on our back that we have to be careful not to let control us.

Cheers buddy...:)

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
And I thought I had problems...^_^

Well, obviously one is much lesser than the other, but it's hard when you are trying to keep your religious ideals but certain things are really appealing. :p

(I'm really happy that Bacos "bacon" bits are Kosher ;) )

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.