✟1,262,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
For my friends on the forum, a prayer request:

The pastor at our church, First UCC of Orlando, the reverend Lynn Blevins, has been hurt in a fall and has a broken pelvis. She is in the hospital. She is elderly and it will take months for her to recover.

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
You and I know how dangerous pelvis fractures are is she elderly? I

Yes, she is elderly. She works as a chaplain at a children's hospital, besides being our pastor.

• Prayers
Reactions: Laodicean60
Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟204,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Dear Lord, I pray for your hand of healing for Reverend Lynn Belvins, that you may mend her bones and restore her to health and mobility. I pray for her church, that they may find talented leadership, leadership that is honoring to You, that can serve in her stead while she is in the hospital. I also pray for the children and parents that she has been serving, that they may not lose heart, and that others can step in to assist the children with their spiritual needs. Please be with this church to strengthen them and take care of them in their hour of need. In Christ's Name, Amen.

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Please keep praying for Pastor Lynn.

She underwent surgery and was sent to a rehab facility, but she's caught COVID and it's getting worse.

@Laodicean60 Yes, Pastor Lynn is elderly. She's a widow in her early 70's. She was is good health, however, before her injury.

The elders of the church have been leading the congregation in worship and we have a retired United Church of Christ pastor that comes by once in a while to perform some of the duties, such as administering Holy Communion. However, the congregation isn't the same without her.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Lord have mercy! I'm so sorry to hear this. Praying she has a swift recovery!

She is getting better and will be sent home today to do rehab at home.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums