Oct 2, 2020
✟609,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was in a fairly bad car accident May 5th. I was technically at fault, so I'm responsible for it. My insurance coverage wasn't the best. I think I started out with low coverage planning on beefing it up and then forgot to pursue it. So I'm worried about how much over the limit the other person's claim might be and if the other person decides to sue me for a lot more.

On top of that, my car (which was totaled) was being leased, so I don't know how much coverage I'm going to have regarding both the car and how much I still owe on the lease.

My knee was injured fairly badly and my leg and foot have experienced a lot of swelling and discoloration. There's been concern over the possibility of infection and blood clots. (Fortunately at least I have good heath insurance through my employer). I'm praying it heals up without complications.

Last edited:

jacks

Er Victus
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2010
Northwest US
✟676,699.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sounds like an overall unpleasant situation. Praying the Lord takes care of you during this time and uses even these difficult circumstances for your good. Just take one day at time, the Lord is with you.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,240,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I was in a fairly bad car accident May 5th. I was technically at fault, so I'm responsible for it. My insurance coverage wasn't the best. I think I started out with low coverage planning on beefing it up and then forgot to pursue it. So I'm worried about how much over the limit the other person's claim might be and if they decide to sue me for a lot more.

On top of that, my car (which was totaled) was being leased, so I don't know how much coverage I'm going to have regarding both the car and how much I still owe on the lease.

My knee was injured fairly badly and my leg and foot have experienced a lot of swelling and discoloration. There's been concern over the possibility of infection and blood clots. (Fortunately at least I have good heath insurance through my employer). I'm praying it heals up without complications.
I feel for you. No. Literally I do. I was in a bad crash about a year ago and recovery was and is slow. I had pretty good insurance but it has been a hard year financially. Do consider a lawyer if you get sued big time. I'm not saying you absolutely need one, but we are novices at all of this and they aren't.

I'll pray for you and offer up some of my pain on your behalf. You should do that for others as well. Our suffering is not for nothing if you offer it up.

Reactions: AbramSailor
Upvote 0

AbramSailor

Flower Chase the Sunshine!
May 7, 2021
Colorado
✟19,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
May God bless you and help you with the means to cover the costs of both vehicles. And most importantly may He see that you are comforted and healed in a timely manner with no lasting effects.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I was in a fairly bad car accident May 5th. I was technically at fault, so I'm responsible for it. My insurance coverage wasn't the best. I think I started out with low coverage planning on beefing it up and then forgot to pursue it. So I'm worried about how much over the limit the other person's claim might be and if they decide to sue me for a lot more.

If you have sufficient assets to be concerned about the insurance company trying to get them, you need an attorney, if you do not have much in the way of assets it is doubtful the insurance company will waste money going after you.

• Useful
Reactions: Ceallaigh
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟609,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you have sufficient assets to be concerned about the insurance company trying to get them, you need an attorney, if you do not have much in the way of assets it is doubtful the insurance company will waste money going after you.

I meant the other driver getting a lawyer on contingency to sue me. But as to assets, I don't have anything except a savings account. Hiring a lawyer would probably drain that pretty fast.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I meant the other driver getting a lawyer on contingency to sue me. But as to assets, I don't have anything except a savings account. Hiring a lawyer would probably drain that pretty fast.
Well in this case that may well be a good thing. Attorneys will not waste their time going after something that will not pay off for them.

• Useful
Reactions: Ceallaigh
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums