Zechariah 4:6
Nov 30, 2008
Pennsylvania
✟19,068.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Private
Thanks, she is feeling better today so hopefully the bizarre test results will be just from being sick and not from luekemia or lymphoma.

But, feel free to pray for my uncle. He needs God to wake him up spiritually and someone to light a fire under him to get off the chair.

Upvote 0

GraceSeeker

Jul 2, 2007
USA
✟17,297.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Thanks. I need to discuss this more with my pastor next week but right now I am feeling led to do something officially with "Pastor of counseling and recovery ministries" or "Minister of Pastoral Care". It would be a created position at my church so would become whatever my pastor and I wanted it to be. I'm not sure it would all work out and if I should/could get a Masters in Counseling.

Marie, what has come of this conversation from a long time ago? Anything?

Upvote 0

Maid Marie

Nov 30, 2008
Pennsylvania
✟19,068.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Private
Marie, what has come of this conversation from a long time ago? Anything?

For my internship next year, my title will be Director of Recovery Ministries. Instead of trying to fit within the existing categories, he made a new one for me. Nothing wrong with the old categories per se but they have emotional ties in some peoples' minds to the old pastor.

If I understand correctly, the month before I will be made unpaid staff which will help me get the experience I need for ordination.

At this stage, I don't feel led to get an MA in counseling but to try to emphasis pastoral counseling more. I am thinking of MA in spiritual formation or M.Div. in spiritual formation, or maybe in Pastoral counseling. Basically, I need to recover from this past year of classes first [they are undergrad level] and then work on preparing for my 6 month internship. Eventually when my mind is bored again and I have the money for it, I will go for grad school. In the Church of the Naz we aren't required to have an M.Div. for ordination so I can take my time getting there. But other than the internship, I am not quite sure what God wants me to do, ministry wise. That will be the focus of my prayers for the month of August.

Upvote 0

Maid Marie

Nov 30, 2008
Pennsylvania
✟19,068.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Private
Please pray for my friend Alice from my dysfunctional childhood church. This church abandoned me when I needed them [and is why I left]. They have now done the same to her. She is heartbroken. Her only family is her church family. I am very concerned for her future and her health.

Upvote 0

Historicus

Follower of Jesus Christ
Apr 20, 2005
Ohio
✟55,435.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Please pray for my friend Alice from my dysfunctional childhood church. This church abandoned me when I needed them [and is why I left]. They have now done the same to her. She is heartbroken. Her only family is her church family. I am very concerned for her future and her health.

I'm praying for her and for the church. :(

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Maid Marie

Nov 30, 2008
Pennsylvania
✟19,068.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Private
I'm praying for her and for the church. :(

Thanks. The church is...what it is. But I was able to get ahold of a mutual friend who could check in on her and monitor her health. And then starting this Sunday Alice with go to the mutual friend's healthy church. The mutual friend, Nicole, will stick up for Alice with the unhealthy church to make things clear how they dropped the ball. And then our former pastor's wife contacted her from another state to remind her how important she is. So with the three of us coming along her side [though only one can physically be there] and one of them defending her to that church she should be able to make it out of her crisis.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.