Pray for Donnie...

~Lady Trekki~

Waiting On God...And Putting My Trust In Him!
Apr 29, 2005
Visit site
✟61,796.00
Good Afternoon everyone!

Don had a good night...and he was awake this morning. He's in pain, and will be for awhile. With all they did on him that is to be expected.

Good news though...they got him off the ventilator! :clap: They only have one tube left in his mouth and that's to take out the excess bile. I guess it's common for patients to have alot of bile after having surgery.

They want to keep him in ICU for the rest of the day and he'll be going into a regular hospital room tomorrow. :)

I'm so grateful to God for all your prayers...thank you! :hug:

Upvote 0

BarbaraJean

You took the fall and thought of me, above all!
Jul 5, 2004
Beautiful West Virginia!
✟74,175.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
~Lady Trekki~ said:
Good Afternoon everyone!

Don had a good night...and he was awake this morning. He's in pain, and will be for awhile. With all they did on him that is to be expected.

Good news though...they got him off the ventilator! :clap: They only have one tube left in his mouth and that's to take out the excess bile. I guess it's common for patients to have alot of bile after having surgery.

They want to keep him in ICU for the rest of the day and he'll be going into a regular hospital room tomorrow. :)

Thank God! It sounds like he is on his way to recovery!

Reactions: ~Lady Trekki~
Upvote 0

whitedove7

Dec 21, 2004
United States
Visit site
✟1,344.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I lift up your brother now in the name of Jesus and I pray for the Lord to touch his body. I come against that spirit of infirmity in his body and pray that the Lord will dry it up in the name of Jesus of Nazareth. I also pray for your mom that she will have peace and not fear. I pray that the doctors will know what to do for your brother and that he will recover. I bind up the spirit of fear for fear does not come from the Lord. I pray for the Lord to bring peace to you and your familly through this situation.

Upvote 0

angelwind

Soli Deo Gloria
Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2004
So. California
Visit site
✟97,335.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Widowed
~Lady Trekki~ said:
Good Afternoon everyone!

Still praying...:clap: :pray: :bow:

Upvote 0

Angieh

Oct 18, 2004
✟15,849.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Dear Lord, I pray that you would please touch Dawn's brother, Donnie... Please bring healing to his body and protect him... Give his doctors the wisdom needed to restore his health... Also, Father, look over Dawn's mom as she travels to Donnie... Please hold them close to you... Thank you Lord... Amen

Dawn, Praying for you and your family...
In Christ,
Angie

Reactions: Spudgrandma
Upvote 0

mini_mim

Give ME your money
Jan 7, 2005
Birmingham, UK
✟23,180.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Lord Jesus, thank you, thank you, thank you :bow: you have done so much for Donnie and have truly been faithful to your children :bow: thank you for breathing your true breath of life for him. Lord Jesus, you know the obstacles he still has to face in the next weeks, be with him protecting him and healing him. You are an awesome God :clap: Amen :prayer:

Upvote 0

GraceInHim

† Need a lifeguard? Mine walks on water †
Oct 25, 2005
MA
✟24,206.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
mini_mim said:
Lord Jesus, thank you, thank you, thank you :bow: you have done so much for Donnie and have truly been faithful to your children :bow: thank you for breathing your true breath of life for him. Lord Jesus, you know the obstacles he still has to face in the next weeks, be with him protecting him and healing him. You are an awesome God :clap: Amen :prayer:

:thumbsup: same here for Lady :clap:

Upvote 0

~Lady Trekki~

Apr 29, 2005
Visit site
✟61,796.00
mini_mim said:
Amen!!!!! Glory to God! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

White Horse

Natural born world shaker
May 3, 2005
✟49,668.00
Faith
Christian
I'm thankful he's still progressing. Thanks for the update.

~Lady Trekki~ said:
Good Afternoon everyone!

Reactions: Tumbleweed64
Upvote 0

Keri

Jan 1, 2006
✟51,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Lord, I pray for Donnie right now, that you will continue to pour your blessing over him Lord. I know that he is in Your hands tonight Jesus. Heal his body Father God and give comfort to his family and friends. In Your name, Amen

Upvote 0

~Lady Trekki~

Apr 29, 2005
Visit site
✟61,796.00
This will more than likely be the last update on Donnie unless something critical happens. PTL!

He's doing very well and we expect him to be moved to what's called a "progressive" room which is between ICU and a regular hospital room. This is good news because it means that he's getting better. He's completely off the ventilator now but does have to have oxygen through a regular mask. Tomorrow they will probably take that off him as well and he'll only have to have it at night when he sleeps which is normal for him because he has sleep apnea. They took out that tube that was taking out the bile from his stomach and since then he's been talking quite alot today and able to hold long conversations. The doctors are amazed at his progress! Well, we know the reason he's doing so well is because God has answered prayers and is healing him. :) So praise the Lord and give Him glory! They've moved up the date for when he gets his new knee to February 17th. That means he has to get off the 50 pounds by that date. But when Nora told him this he said that wont be a problem for him...he could take that much off pretty easy. It's keeping it off that harder for him. Sounds very familiar actually...I have the same problem. Must run in the family huh? They are still working on the infections, but they must be going away because his temperature is going down bit by bit.

He will still need your prayers as you think of him. He's gotta be careful not to step down on his right leg or, as I mentioned previously, it will crush the bones that are there and they would have to amputate. And he's still fighting the infections in his body..so keep him in prayer for that for awhile. There is also the kidney stone thing. They have that stint in his kidney and will keep it there until they can do a cat scan to see if they are still there. This will tell the doctors whether or not its an euric acid type stone or not. If it is, then they will give him medication that will dissolve it without him having to pass it. Needless to say this is what we hope it is because he's been battling these kidney stones for the last two years due to some medication he's been having to take. And if it can be taken care of with this other medicine that would be fantastic for Don.

I'll post more as things happen. For now though I believe the worst of it is over....and I AM giving all glory to Jesus, our healer!

Reactions: pknwldflwrs
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Daughter of His

Believing God
Feb 1, 2004
On my computer chair
✟76,711.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Praising HIM along with you Trekki !! Wonderful news !

I worked with a guy that had terrible problems with kidney stones. If I remember correctly they were uric acid ones and after a surgery, his lifetime medication was to drink baking soda in water twice a day to adjust his PH so that the stones would not form. He even said he got so he liked the taste because he associated it with good health ! Hope Donnie's difficulties have such cure.

:pray:

Upvote 0

joyshirley

His Love endures forever
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2004
New Zealand
✟1,374,137.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Trekki, that's sounds wonderful so far! Praise God! :clap: I will continue to pray for Donnie, and for your mum and you. God bless you, dear sister. :hug:

I love these words from the Bible.....

I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.

John 16:33

May the peace of God fill you through and through, Trekki. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Upvote 0