Pray for Donnie...

~Lady Trekki~

Waiting On God...And Putting My Trust In Him!
Apr 29, 2005
Visit site
✟61,796.00
Thanks for your continued prayers beloved. :hug:

A quick update here...Don will be having 2 surgeries tomorrow. The first will be to take out some kidney stones that have probably started the infection in the first place. Don's been dealing with these things for the last two years...and right now he has a big one laying on his kidney. The second one will be to take those knee joints out. They will replace it with a sponge that has been soaked with antibiotics. This will hopefully take out any remaining infection he has there. The surgeries are scheduled one after the other, starting at 3 or 4 pm cst. So please be praying tomorrow afternoon around that time especially.

Another thing, and this really scares me too, is that they said that if that antibiotic doesnt do the trick, they will have to amputate his leg so that it doesnt turn gangrene. This is only as a last resort of course, but it's an awful scary option.

Upvote 0

tapero

Legend
Site Supporter
Apr 14, 2004
Visit site
✟88,544.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Dear Lord, I pray for Don for safety for the 2 surgeries he is having tomorrow. I pray Oh Lord that these procedures would make him well. Please help his knee joint to be clear of infection and to be healed. Please give him a peace about his surgery, and send comfort to his family and friends that they may be ministered to. In Jesus name I pray. Amen

Reactions: ~Lady Trekki~
Upvote 0

Spudgrandma

Grandma Blessed with 7
Mar 8, 2004
Idaho
✟56,787.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
~Lady Trekki~ said:

A quick update here...Don will be having 2 surgeries tomorrow. The first will be to take out some kidney stones that have probably started the infection in the first place. Don's been dealing with these things for the last two years...and right now he has a big one laying on his kidney. The second one will be to take those knee joints out. They will replace it with a sponge that has been soaked with antibiotics. This will hopefully take out any remaining infection he has there. The surgeries are scheduled one after the other, starting at 3 or 4 pm cst. So please be praying tomorrow afternoon around that time especially.

Another thing, and this really scares me too, is that they said that if that antibiotic doesnt do the trick, they will have to amputate his leg so that it doesnt turn gangrene. This is only as a last resort of course, but it's an awful scary option.

Dear Lord, hear our prayers for Donnie and Dawn and their mother. Comfort them Lord as only you can, give them rest and be with them tomorrow as they go through the surgery. I pray Lord that the infection will be cured and that he will not have to go through an amputation. Claiming these things in Jesus name, amen, :amen:, and :amen:

Upvote 0

angelwind

Soli Deo Gloria
Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2004
So. California
Visit site
✟97,335.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Widowed
~Lady Trekki~ said:

I will be praying...:hug: :hug: :hug:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

White Horse

Natural born world shaker
May 3, 2005
✟49,668.00
Faith
Christian
Just poppin' in to let you know you've all been in my thoughts today.

~Lady Trekki~ said:
Well, Don had a good night. He's been resting comfortably and his vitals are really good. He will be getting prepped for surgery around 3:00pm cst. So thanks again for your prayers at this time. :hug:

Upvote 0

~Lady Trekki~

Waiting On God...And Putting My Trust In Him!
Apr 29, 2005
Visit site
✟61,796.00
Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Both surgeries were successful and Don did well through them both. They put a stint in his kidney to drain the infection and fluids that have been blocked because of whatever it is that's blocking it. They are giving him medication that will hopefully dissolve the stone, if that's what it is, and then they have scheduled a cat scan to make sure it's gone. There is a possibility that it is NOT a kidney stone but I don't think that's the case. We're pretty sure it's the kind of stone that will be dissolved with this medication. Then they went in and took all the components of his artificial knee out and replaced it with a sponge that's been soaked in antibiotics. Here's the deal though...he will have to be in a wheelchair until they replace it in the end of Feburary because if he puts any weight on that leg he would crush the bones that are left and they will have to amputate. Their main concern right now is to get rid of the infection that is still in his body and get him off of the ventilator. They will start to wean him off of the ventilator tomorrow but it may take awhile. I hope to be here when they do so he can talk to me like normal. It's pretty tough to communicate right now because he can only write notes and it's not easy for him to do at this time. I plan to go back home on Sunday...so hopefully they can do it before then. :)

I'm praising the Lord for this answer to our prayers. He's so faithful!

Thank you Lord for answering the cries of your people. Father, thank You so much for bringing Donnie through these surgeries without any problems. Thank You for complete healing in Jesus name! And I thank You Lord for all who have been so faithful to pray for Donnie and my whole family. Bless them Lord I pray...in Jesus name. Amen.

Please do continue to pray for Don...he has a rough road ahead. He has to lose 50 pounds in six weeks per the doctors instructions before they put another artificial knee on in the end of February. He still has to get that ventilator out. And he still needs to be cleared of all the infection in his body.

Thank you all...:hug:

Reactions: White Horse
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tapero

Legend
Site Supporter
Apr 14, 2004
Visit site
✟88,544.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Dear Lord,

I pray for Donnie for his recovery and for both procedures to have been the process to restore him to health. May they both work. Thank you for watching over him Lord, and for todays sucesses in the operating room. Amen

Reactions: White Horse
Upvote 0

joyshirley

His Love endures forever
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2004
New Zealand
✟1,374,137.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Thinking of you all and remembering you all in prayer, Trekki. :hug: That's brilliant news so far! Praise God! :clap: Be encouraged, Trekki. I hope you're managing to get some rest and that your mother is doing ok. God bless all of you.....thank you for taking the time to pop in and keep us updated. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Upvote 0

NewSong

♪♫♫♪♫
Nov 8, 2004
✟47,207.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thank you Lady Trekki for your report on your brother.

Prayers continue for your brother and of course for your family during this time. I am most assuredly praying that this will go better than anticipated by all.

Thank you for taking the time to keep his condition posted. :)

Upvote 0