Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟776,545.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
For over 2000 years, Christians have been praising and worshipping God in many different ways. I love the diversity of worship styles between individuals and congregations. I don't think there is any right or wrong way to do worship, as long as it is heartfelt, honest, and shows God the reverence and respect that is due.

We have a wonderful collection of Christian hymns and songs, composed by men and women of God, some of them contemporary and others going back hundreds of years.

I love the passion and enthusiasm of live events such as Spring Harvest where thousands of Christians from all over the country come and meet together for worship. It is always a great blessing to join together for prayer, praise and worship with Christians from all different backgrounds and walks of life.

I love the rich theology and timeless appeal of traditional hymns, sung by robed choirs, within the beautiful acoustic setting of a large church or a majestic cathedral. I often think that if we were to invite a very important guest, such as a royal member, to our gatherings then how much time, effort and care would we put into preparations to make sure we were offering our very best. Surely we would want to make the occasion very dignified and extra special.

Equally, I have spent time worshipping in very small congregations of only a few people, with no minister, no musicians, no microphones. I have spent times of fellowship with friends in the comfort of their own home. Where two or three are gathered, the Lord has been there in our midst.

I feel equally at home with order and spontaneuity. I love the liturgy and service books as they give us a useful structure for our prayers: affirmations such as the creeds, prayers of confession and absolution, prayers of humility and supplication. I think it is also important to not to be over-rigid and to show sensitivity to how God is leading us in our prayers and worship and to use the spiritual gifts that He has given us.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,299.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If anyone is interested, "Seeing God " by Louie Giglio at Sydney C3 presence conference 2019 online Adding to understanding Psa 46:10

Main text:
'Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth." Psa 46:10
"Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope." Psa 16:9

--------–-----
("For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one." I John 5:7. Word = Jesus Christ "And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth." John 1:14)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
3e5467e310630b69501d85695ec076b7.jpg

l3dMx65.jpg

On this forum may the air be filled with the sound of praise

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.