Practical Eschatology: What I need to do.

nonaeroterraqueous

Nonexistent Member
Aug 16, 2014
✟188,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The eschatology debate has become a lot like watching professional sports: everyone has some kind of prediction, and no one has any apparent involvement in the outcome.

When my brother taught me how to play chess at the age of seven, I started out by trying to predict his most likely next set of moves and react accordingly. That's how most people seem to approach eschatology, and it's the reason why my brother always beat me. When it comes to predicting the future, either by personal revelation, Biblical interpretation or science, or any other means, the prediction is usually wrong the vast majority of the time. For example, the Amazon rain forest was supposed to be completely gone almost twenty years ago; average summer temperatures were supposed to be 116 degrees Fahrenheit (46.7 Celsius) in my area; the ozone layer was supposed to be completely gone by now, etc. based on what they told me when I was a child. It was all false, apparently.

I might note that I started actually beating my brother in chess when I started considering a wide variety of possible outcomes all at once, and responding accordingly. Therefore, I want to work on a comprehensive plan for dealing with likely outcomes, under the assumption that any single one of the interpretations could be critically wrong or right on one point or another.

So here's what I want from you:

1) Briefly summarize what you believe about the end times. You don't have to present all aspects of it at once. You can address any single part of it, as you wish. I don't want a proof or argument for your belief. I don't need a whole lot of detail. One or two sentences are probably good enough, unless you have a really unusual interpretation that we've never heard of.

2) This one is the most important part. Tell me, specifically, what do I need to do if you are right. Many views of the end times deal with large-scale phenomena, like treaties and politics, and things that I cannot do anything about. I don't care what the president of the country needs to do. I need to know what an ordinary person needs to do about it.

My thought is, based on what I've seen so far, that most interpretations give vague suggestions as to what my personal response should be, at best. At worst, they give me more junk to worry about, which I can't do anything to help. I also have a theory that if we compile a strategy for dealing with the various interpretations that there probably will not be much direct contradiction. In other words, I think I can prepare a response for one possible outcome without hurting my response to another.

Remember, I don't want a debate on the merits of your interpretation. Just tell me what I need to do if you are right.

Reactions: Hazrus

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟299,713.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Here is a scripturally correct and logical sequence of the end times events:

Soon to happen: The great and terrible Day of the Lord’s vengeance and wrath, a CME sunstrike. Isaiah 30:26, Malachi 4:1 It will be the Sixth seal event of cosmic and worldwide effects and the Middle East will be virtually depopulated, cleared and cleansed, Ezekiel 30:1-5, Jeremiah 10:18 It will be the fulfilment of Psalms 83, Isaiah 2:12-21, 2 Peter 3:7 and Revelation 6:12-17 A small Jewish remnant will survive in Jerusalem. Isaiah 4:3 Many will die around the world: Isaiah 51:6, Jeremiah 9:22, but most will survive and eventually re-establish the infrastructure.
We are told what we must do: Call upon the Name of the Lord and you will be saved. Joel 2:32, Acts of the Apostles 2:21

The Seventh seal is ‘about’ a 20 year time gap. About right for all that must happen before the Return of Jesus:

In a short while: Isaiah 29:17, all the holy Land will be regenerated and the Lord’s people, righteous Israel, be they true descendants of Jacob or grafted in, will gather in the new country of Beulah. Isaiah 62:1-5, Isaiah 35:1-10, Psalms 107:1-40 They will live in peace and security and 144,000 missionaries are selected from them, to go out to all peoples and proclaim the coming Kingdom of Jesus. Revelation 7 & 14, Isaiah 66:19

The rest of the nations will form a One World Government, led by ten Presidents. Daniel 7:24, Revelation 17:12 Before long, three will be taken over and the other seven will confer their power onto another strong leader. Daniel 11:21, Revelation 13:1-8

After a few years: a Northern confederation, led by a person referred to as Gog, will be motivated to attack Beulah – an unprotected land, of great wealth. They will be totally wiped out and it takes seven years to bury them and clean the land. Ezekiel 38 & 39, Joel 2:20

Sometime later, the strong leader of the World Government, will make a seven year treaty with Beulah. This marks the commencement of the seventieth ‘week’ [seven years] of Daniel. There is a 3½ year period of calm and peace in the world. Daniel 9:27

After that: the world dictator comes to Jerusalem in force and declares himself to be god in the new Temple. This starts the Great Tribulation, the trumpet and bowl judgements. The ‘Woman’- righteous Israel, are taken to a place of safety for 1260 days. Zechariah 14:2, Revelation 12:14

Then comes the Glorious Return of Jesus: The battle of Armageddon, Jesus destroys the army of the Anti-Christ by the Sword of His Word and chains up Satan.

The regathering of Israel and all those who have kept faithful. Matthew 24:30-31

The 1000 year Millennium reign of King Jesus and His resurrected saints.

The final attack against the holy city and the armies are instantly cremated. Satan is cast into the lake of fire. Revelation 16:13-16, Revelation 19:17-21
The Great White Throne judgement, a New Heaven and a New Earth. Daniel 7:9-10, Revelation chapter 21

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Most of the predictions are wrong because they are made on the basis of a long series of interpretations, every one of which must be correct for their overall scenarios to be even close to correct. And no one can be certain that they have correctly interpreted apocalyptic visions. So for your own understanding, look for scriptures that distinctly say that certain things will happen, rather than for accounts of visions in which things happen. For without a single exception, every vision recorded in the Bible, and which is accompanied by an inspired explanation of its meaning, meant something entirely different from what the vision showed.

A second reason that most of the predictions are wrong is that they fail to take into account the fact that the end times period in the Bible prophecies have not yet begun to be fulfilled. All we can currently see is things generally forming up into the general background found in the end time scriptures.

What God has said will happen will unquestionably happen, so there is nothing anyone can do about it. But you can prepare yourself for what is coming. And that preparation is very simple. Put your trust in the blood of the Lord Jesus Christ as the all sufficient and only ransom for the guilt of your sins, and try to live for Him. And then warn as many as you an reach that they need to do the same.

Upvote 0

Dave Watchman

Jan 10, 2014
✟67,573.00
Faith
Christian

1) Briefly summarize what you believe about the end times. You don't have to present all aspects of it at once. You can address any single part of it, as you wish. I don't want a proof or argument for your belief. I don't need a whole lot of detail. One or two sentences are probably good enough, unless you have a really unusual interpretation that we've never heard of.

2) This one is the most important part. Tell me, specifically, what do I need to do if you are right. Many views of the end times deal with large-scale phenomena, like treaties and politics, and things that I cannot do anything about. I don't care what the president of the country needs to do. I need to know what an ordinary person needs to do about it.

My thought is, based on what I've seen so far, that most interpretations give vague suggestions as to what my personal response should be, at best. At worst, they give me more junk to worry about, which I can't do anything to help. I also have a theory that if we compile a strategy for dealing with the various interpretations that there probably will not be much direct contradiction. In other words, I think I can prepare a response for one possible outcome without hurting my response to another.

Remember, I don't want a debate on the merits of your interpretation. Just tell me what I need to do if you are right.

1) It's going to hit fast and suddenly. There won't be any general warning for it and just like Jesus' first visit most will miss the signs. The appointed time of the end will have technically began and we are already almost a year into it and nobody noticed it. Most people have an elaborate schematic of detailed events that must be fulfilled before Jesus can return just like the old time Pharisees did when they were interrogating John the Baptist. Here we go again.

2) This is the fun part. Since I'm a five point Calvinist the answer depends on whether the reader is a believer in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ, or not. Because the answer to this is that it's in the Lord's hands, He will be in total control of the end time tribulation and there is not much the individual can do to change his or hers fate. We can pray but only some will be counted worthy to escape so there is a number and the Lord does the counting, not us. So, if you want, you can just put your feet up and relax. Do nothing and test out if Calvin is correct in the doctrines of Divine election. At least you won't waist any time and money on building a Faraday cage.

Right in between the rising of the first and second beast of Revelation 13 we have this statement:

If anyone is to be taken captive,
to captivity he goes;
if anyone is to be slain with the sword,
with the sword must he be slain.

With the sword he must be slain. Our fates are sealed and no amount of personal preparation can change this but the Lord will be with us every step of the way. What I did that might sound strange is when I became convinced that the end times were near I became a devout Sabbath keeper. From sun down Friday until sundown Saturday I stay in my place and do no work. Six days I do all my work but the seventh day is not mine, it belongs to the Lord. With the possibility of Him being so near and with all the Revelation reference to commandment keepers, I choose to err on the side of righteousness.

3) This is the not so much fun part. With the likelihood of the tribulation being coincident with the fourth seal, this planet will see the type and amount of death and destruction that has not been seen since the flood or in the days of Lot when fire rained from the sky. If you are reading this as an unbeliever in our glorious Lord Jesus, you will ultimately not survive the tribulation and become bird food. The best chance to survive the early or sudden impact, in my opinion, is to move away from the cities and large population centers. Ultimately, none of us can predict which third of the earth will be burnt up or which third of the ships are destroyed. If we could predict where wormwood was going to hit, residents on that continent should store fresh water. But it's impossible and how would it look to the Lord if He saw us trying to horde up on suplies and save ourselves?

Even if we have our houses in the country paid for and all stocked up with food and water and Faraday cages and everything we need to survive for years and years and the property taxes and water bills paid for life, at the 5th trumpet Lucifer and a billion demonic angels will be let out of the abyss. These guys can fly faster than the speed of sound, have ex-ray vision and never need sleep. Without the Lord's help we will stand no chance against them.

Worship Him who made heaven and earth, the sea and springs of water. This word "worship" comes from the Greek "#4352: "proskuneo" and means also to submit to or obey. It's not that I'm trying to be a downer but normally this stuff seems so far off into the future. If we could know roughly that the Lord's coming was to begin in a couple of years, I'm sure we'd make an effort to avoid the ways of the unrighteous. And these things are being mentioned all the way to the end of Revelation.

"Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God." - 1 Corinthians 6:9

"But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.” - Revelation 21:8

Revelation 12:17
"And the dragon was enraged with the woman, and he went to make war with the rest of her offspring, who
keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.
Revelation 14:12
"Here is the patience of the saints; here are those who
keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.
Revelation 22:14
"Blessed are those who
do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city.

Three times in Revelation:

KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS
KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS
DO HIS COMMANDMENTS

And at the seventh trumpet:

Revelation 11:19
"Then the temple of God was opened in heaven, and the ark of His covenant was seen in His temple. And there were lightnings, noises, thunderings, an earthquake, and great hail.

What's kept inside the ark of His covenant?

The Ten Commandments?

And at the first angel's message:

“Fear God and give glory to Him, for the hour of His judgment has come; and worship Him who made heaven and earth, the sea and springs of water.”

Text from the fourth Commandment during the end time tribulation. It might not be a salvific issue anymore after what Jesus did for us but right now might not be a good time to test what is or is not "nailed to the cross".

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LastSeven

Amil
Site Supporter
Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
✟154,576.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I like that you've resolved to have an open mind regarding scripture and end times prophecy. Most people find themselves locked into a certain eschatology because they refuse to entertain other possibilities. You will learn a lot more truth than they will.

I'll keep this simple and focused on eschatology, as you requested.

The book of Revelation is super symbolic, and it's not just a book about our future. It's a book about the entire plan of God, which means much of it is already in our past.

In our future we will see Christianity more and more marginalized by the world. This is the battle of Armageddon, the great battle, and we are already fighting it. Remember, we fight against principalities and powers. When Christianity finds itself spiritually "surrounded" and on the verge of extinction, then the Lord will come.

EDIT: Forgot about the most important part. What do you need to do if I am right? Love the Lord your God with all your heart and all your mind and love your neighbour as yourself.

Last edited:
Reactions: dfw69
Upvote 0

dfw69

Pre-Tribulation Pre- False Messianic Age
Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The eschatology debate has become a lot like watching professional sports: everyone has some kind of prediction, and no one has any apparent involvement in the outcome.

When my brother taught me how to play chess at the age of seven, I started out by trying to predict his most likely next set of moves and react accordingly. That's how most people seem to approach eschatology, and it's the reason why my brother always beat me. When it comes to predicting the future, either by personal revelation, Biblical interpretation or science, or any other means, the prediction is usually wrong the vast majority of the time. For example, the Amazon rain forest was supposed to be completely gone almost twenty years ago; average summer temperatures were supposed to be 116 degrees Fahrenheit (46.7 Celsius) in my area; the ozone layer was supposed to be completely gone by now, etc. based on what they told me when I was a child. It was all false, apparently.

I might note that I started actually beating my brother in chess when I started considering a wide variety of possible outcomes all at once, and responding accordingly. Therefore, I want to work on a comprehensive plan for dealing with likely outcomes, under the assumption that any single one of the interpretations could be critically wrong or right on one point or another.

I believe this end time events outline

1 rapture of the church ..
2 rise of a false messiah
3 rise of false messianic age
4 rise of final antichrist
5 return of Jesus

If you want to be in the rapture believe the good news that Jesus made a way to the father and keep his commandments to judge not .condemn not .love sinners .love God

If you wish to return to the law then remain keeping the commandments of Christ to judge not. condemn not .love your enemies which in those days will be Israel if they produce a messiah ..never rise up against Israel to judge and condemn them because a final antichrist will rise up to seek to destroy Israel.

..but also never rise up against Gentiles either to judge and condemn them by the law because we all will reap what we sow

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟364,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Tell me, specifically, what do I need to do if you are right.
Pray to God and ask Him to make the prophecies understandable to you. And when He does, don't get the big head and treat others like dirt just because you have been shown some stuff. And if God makes you an expert, fine, just remember you didn't do anything yourself. It's all a gift from God.

Next follow Jesus's advice in Luke 21:34-36. Third, seek ye first the kingdom of God. (could be first on the list)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Riberra

Jan 8, 2014
✟90,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Whatever will happen and how precisely it will happen...That will be a time when the false doctrines promoting false hope will have been proven to be wrong .

When there will be only two choice possible that will be the real test... -Checkmate -

Revelation 14
9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,

10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:

11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

13 And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟299,713.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I see by your name that you are 'not of the air, earth or water'.
Therefore you consider yourself spiritual, or that's what you intend to be. A good aim and am I right in assuming you think to achieve that objective by being raptured to heaven? I know that theory is taught to most American Christians, but I would like to point out that outcome is never stated in the Bible. Yes, there will be a 'gathering into the clouds' when Jesus Returns and His angels bring His righteous people to Him. Only the souls of the dead martyrs are kept in heaven, Jesus brings them with Him and resurrects them then.
The original plan of God was to have a people who would be His witnesses and present the gospel to the nations. Ancient Israel failed in the mission, they were sent into exile, but only for a decreed time of punishment. There are two groups: Israel and Judah. Judah have returned to a portion of the holy Land, but in unbelief and Israel remains scattered among the nations. Also many gentile people have been grafted in to Israel through the New Covenant of Jesus.
Now the exile of Israel is over, but they; now every true righteous Christian person, Galatians 3:26-29, cannot go to their heritage, as all the holy Land is inhabited by atheists, Muslims and all kinds of ungodly beliefs and false religions. What is God to do?
The same as He did in Noah's day: wipe them out, only this time by fire from the sun. The great and terrible Day of the Lord's vengeance and wrath, prophesied in over 100 Bible passages: the means, the effects and the results.

This Day will be triggered by the commencement of an attack on Israel, from all directions by a confederation of nations and entities. Psalms 83:1-18 Iran will prepare their nuke missiles, Isaiah 22:6, but at the moment of firing, the Lord will destroy them by the powerful EMP flash from an explosion of the sun. Psalms 7:12-16, Jeremiah 49:35, Ezekiel 32:24-25
24 hours later the main mass of this Coronal Mass Ejection will arrive on earth. It will mainly affect the Middle East region killing all life except a remnant of the Jews in Jerusalem. Isaiah 6:11-13, Ezekiel 30:1-5, Zephaniah 1:18
The rest of the world will see it coming and will hide among the rocks and in caves, Isaiah 2:21, Luke 23:30, Revelation 6:16, so most will survive.
Luke 21:25-26 ...signs will appear in the sun....people will stand helpless, not knowing which way to turn....They will faint with terror as they see what is coming. Luke 21:28 When you see these things, look up for your redemption draws near.
The Return of Jesus, mentioned in verse 27; happens later, as we know from the sequence in Revelation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tranquil

Sep 29, 2011
with Charlie at the Chocolate Factory
✟278,867.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

1) No
2) That's a good question. What is an ordinary person to do?

The ordinary person wants to follow a leader and be done with thinking. The ordinary person wants to think that they are a good person. The ordinary person has financial concerns, family matters to worry about. The ordinary person doesn't want to worry about things beyond finances and family... The ordinary person likes to be entertained instead of being educated.

To answer your question, the ordinary person has to not be an ordinary person... lol.
For example: your profile says that you are a Republican. And yet you call yourself a Christian. Do you not know what these upside down stars represent?
satanicpentalt3newrepsmallcropped.jpg

It represents their allegiance to Satan. But ordinary people like their leaders and leave it at that. You can't put your faith in any earthly leader. You can't trust anyone - and the 'holier' they look, the more suspicious you should be. Presumably you are suspicious of the Pope?

The ordinary person wants to think that they are a good person... don't you understand that Satan knows this and will twist it to his own ends? People will be tempted into the mark of the beast with the promise of it showing that they are a holy person. You can't trust your own desires or good intentions.

The ordinary person doesn't want to worry about things beyond finances or family. But God wants us to be concerned about the poor and the marginalized.

The ordinary person wants to go on end times message boards and be entertained by it (?) as if it is some wrestling match as you suggest in the OP. (Alright, the 'ordinary person' avoids eschatology entirely).

The hour is late. People's souls and lives are at stake. The stakes couldn't be higher.

To be blunt, the ordinary person should be honest with themselves. And come to know what an idol is. Know what God wants. Know that idols prevent us from doing what God wants.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,424,731.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

This is an age old question, and it has an answer.
Acts 16:30
And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?

Acts 16:
31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

32 And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house.

33 And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway.

Romans 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Acts 9:17
And Ananias went his way, and entered into the house; and putting his hands on him said, Brother Saul, the Lord, even Jesus, that appeared unto thee in the way as thou camest, hath sent me, that thou mightest receive thy sight, and be filled with the Holy Ghost.

Acts 4:31
And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness.

Acts 13:52
And the disciples were filled with joy, and with the Holy Ghost.

So, an ordinary man must believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and be filled with the Holy Ghost to be saved from the wrath to come.

Reactions: dfw69
Upvote 0

nonaeroterraqueous

Nonexistent Member
Aug 16, 2014
✟188,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Thanks to everyone for taking the time to craft such thoughtful replies. I've quoted what I think to be the key point from each post, below. Namely, I've narrowed it down to the part that deals with what I need to do. What I've noticed is that despite the fairly huge differences in interpretation regarding how people expect events to unravel in the future, the advice given on how to respond to those events is fairly consistent. Mostly, you all held to the Biblical commands on how a Christian should behave, which is commendable. I would even argue that the advice given would mostly apply to any Christian at any time. At any rate, while the eschatology forum appears, at first glance, to be the most divisive section, I'm beginning to think that we are not so very divided in our responses to it. I do think that someone like me could craft a plan for the future without a solid understanding of what will happen, based on these responses:

We are told what we must do: Call upon the Name of the Lord and you will be saved.

Put your trust in the blood of the Lord Jesus Christ as the all sufficient and only ransom for the guilt of your sins, and try to live for Him. And then warn as many as you an reach that they need to do the same.

We can pray but only some will be counted worthy to escape so there is a number and the Lord does the counting, not us. So, if you want, you can just put your feet up and relax. Do nothing and test out if Calvin is correct in the doctrines of Divine election. At least you won't waist any time and money on building a Faraday cage.

Dave Watchman also suggests a few admittedly futile things an unbeliever can do, but I omit it as I am not an unbeliever.

Love the Lord your God with all your heart and all your mind and love your neighbour as yourself.

If you want to be in the rapture believe the good news that Jesus made a way to the father and keep his commandments to judge not .condemn not .love sinners .love God
..but also never rise up against Gentiles either to judge and condemn them by the law because we all will reap what we sow

dfw69 also mentions some things regarding a proper response to events related to the false messiah, but as his chronology puts the rapture of the church at the beginning, I assume that this directive does not apply to me, so long as I manage to get myself raptured.

Pray to God and ask Him to make the prophecies understandable to you. And when He does, don't get the big head and treat others like dirt just because you have been shown some stuff. And if God makes you an expert, fine, just remember you didn't do anything yourself. It's all a gift from God.

Next follow Jesus's advice in Luke 21:34-36. Third, seek ye first the kingdom of God. (could be first on the list)

Luke 21:34-36, by the way, is as follows (ESV):

34 “But watch yourselves lest your hearts be weighed down with dissipation and drunkenness and cares of this life, and that day come upon you suddenly like a trap. 35 For it will come upon all who dwell on the face of the whole earth. 36 But stay awake at all times, praying that you may have strength to escape all these things that are going to take place, and to stand before the Son of Man.”

I noticed that Douggg provided me with the directive part of the question, but not the narrative part. That's not a problem. Usually people have a lot to say on what's going to happen and very little to say on what to do about it.

That will be a time when the false doctrines promoting false hope will have been proven to be wrong .

I see by your name that you are 'not of the air, earth or water'.
Therefore you consider yourself spiritual, or that's what you intend to be. A good aim and am I right in assuming you think to achieve that objective by being raptured to heaven?

Luke 21:28 When you see these things, look up for your redemption draws near.

Ah, a different subject, so I'll touch it as briefly as possible. Exodus 20:4 and Matthew 3:11 answer your question. It has nothing to do with the rapture.

You can't put your faith in any earthly leader. You can't trust anyone - and the 'holier' they look, the more suspicious you should be.

You can't trust your own desires or good intentions.

But God wants us to be concerned about the poor and the marginalized.

To be blunt, the ordinary person should be honest with themselves. And come to know what an idol is. Know what God wants. Know that idols prevent us from doing what God wants.

Except for the unnecessary mention of my political affiliation, not a bad summary of what to do, at least in principle.

So, an ordinary man must believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and be filled with the Holy Ghost to be saved from the wrath to come.

And that was probably the most common answer in this thread. And with that, I'm going to bed. Thanks, all.

Upvote 0

Luke17:37

Jan 2, 2016
United States
✟12,166.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
1. Personally I believe there's a seven year Tribulation in the future composed of the seven seals, trumpets and bowls. I believe some Christians will be on the earth until the Lord returns at or after the seventh trumpet/seventh bowl to fight the armies gathered against Jerusalem (I don't believe in any Pre-Tribulation Rapture, only a Post-Tribulation Resurrection-Gathering). However, I believe many who claim the name of Christ will fall away from their faith because of tribulation and deceptions. Also, I believe most Christians will be killed during the Tribulation on account of their faith.

2. Jesus speaks against self preservation of our lives and He wants us to be willing to lose our lives for His sake (e.g., Luke 17:31-33, Matthew 16:25), should they be asked of us. I think we should be prepared for a long wait for Jesus' return (Luke 18:1-8, Matthew 25:1-13). But I also think we should be focused on purifying ourselves (1 John 3:3), holding fast to our faith (1 Corinthians 15:2) and obeying Jesus' commands (e.g., Matthew 28:18-20).

Upvote 0

Riberra

Jan 8, 2014
✟90,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
dfw69 also mentions some things regarding a proper response to events related to the false messiah, but as his chronology puts the rapture of the church at the beginning, I assume that this directive does not apply to me, so long as I manage to get myself raptured.
Maybe you should ask dfw69 to show you a Bible verse saying that Jesus have promised a removal out of the Earth for the believers still alive and a 7 years stay in Heaven during the Tribulation.

John 17
14 I have given them your word and the world has hated them, for they are not of the world any more than I am of the world.
15 My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one

Reactions: keras
Upvote 0

Endtime Survivors

prophecy link in my profile!
Apr 4, 2016
Africa
Visit site
✟30,738.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
hi Non (hope you don't mind the abbreviation). Nice topic.

1) America will be destroyed. The Mark of the Beast will come into effect (most likely the implementation of standardized microchip implants via the move towards cashless society). I'm not sure which of these two will happen first, but I'm guessing the destruction of America.

An agreement will be made (between the AC and the flesh Jews) to rebuild the physical temple in Jerusalem (though they won't recognize him as the AC), kicking off the final 7 years. 3.5 years later the AC will renege on his agreement marking the start of the great tribulation.

2) The first sentence of the Revelation says it's a revelation of Jesus Christ. Later, an angel tells John that the spirit of prophecy is the testimony of Jesus. If you want to know what to do regarding prophecy, the best place to start is the teachings of Jesus.

An example is the mark of the beast prophecy. The prophecy says we can't buy or sell without it. The only way to carry on in the worldly system will be to participate with the Beast. Christians will be forced to drop out, but that's part of Jesus' teachings, too. He called on his followers to stop working for money and the things money can buy, and to start working for love. He said God will take care of people who work for him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hazrus

Dec 10, 2015
Not USA
✟23,055.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I love this thread.

It is great to see that, despite our frequent disagreements, that we all believe that we need to submit ourselves to the Lord and give him the Glory.

The only other thing I would suggest we need to do, regardless of your Eschatological view, is to pray that the Lord comes again soon.

Upvote 0

Riberra

Jan 8, 2014
✟90,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I love this thread.

It is great to see that, despite our frequent disagreements, that we all believe that we need to submit ourselves to the Lord and give him the Glory.

The only other thing I would suggest we need to do, regardless of your Eschatological view, is to pray that the Lord comes again soon.
Jesus have said that He will come AFTER the Tribulation .

Matthew 24:29-31

Last edited:
Upvote 0

stephen583

Jan 12, 2016
Salt lake City, UT
✟31,701.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
(1). You are absolutely right about false prophets and false teachers. When the Apocalypse unfolds, it won't even remotely resemble anything the so called experts have predicted, "For now we see through a glass darkly" (1 Corinthians 13:12). No one knows the whole picture. No one. Not even the most devout among us. The Apocalypse is coming sooner than anyone expects. The Tribulation Period has already begun.

Does that mean we are all hopelessly out of the loop ?! So only the Father alone knows the timing, or nature of these End Time events, (Mark 13:32) ?! Certainly not. The Scripture assures us "God shall do nothing without first revealing his secret to his servants" (Amos 3:7). At the Time of the End, God will "pour out his Spirit upon all those who serve him, young men will see visions and old men will dream dreams", (Acts 2:17), "your sons and daughters will prophesy" (Joel 2:28-29).

"Truly I say to you, whatever YOU bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatever YOU
loose on earth shall have been loosed in heaven" (Matthew 18:18, NAS).

(2).
It's entirely up to you. Pray for knowledge. Pray for guidance. Pray that you are found worthy to escape those things that are shortly about to come to past, (Luke 21:36). If you don't pick up the sword, you won't be killed by the sword, if you don't allow yourself to be led into captivity, you won't go into captivity, (Revelation 13:10). "Vengeance is mine, I will repay saith the Lord" (Romans 12:19). God will destroy those who destroy the earth, (Revelation 11:17-18). All you have to do is survive and remain alive until the coming of the Lord, (1 Thessalonians 4:14-17).

Upvote 0

Job8

Dec 1, 2014
✟21,583.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This one is the most important part. Tell me, specifically, what do I need to do if you are right.
VERSE 3 TELLS YOU WHAT TO DO.
Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure. (1 John 3:1-3).

Reactions: Luke17:37
Upvote 0

stephen583

Jan 12, 2016
Salt lake City, UT
✟31,701.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

"And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand. And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine" (Rev.6:5-6).

(1).
In June 2016 (about two months from now), Great Britain will vote in a referendum to withdraw from the European Union. Early polls indicate withdrawal is almost a foregone conclusion. Scotland and Ireland are expected to follow suit soon afterwards. Next, Germany and the Scandinavian countries will join the exodus from the E.U. Europe will be plunged into an era of unparalleled political and economic turmoil the likes of which haven't been seen since the Second World War. The complete collapse of the European Common Market may likely occur next, plunging the entire world into a global depression.

(2). Sell everything now. Property, real estate holdings, possessions, even credit cards and bank accounts will be totally worthless. People will be throwing silver and gold into the streets for lack of anything to buy. Transfer your money into provisions and supplies you'll need to survive. If you wait for the collapse, you won't have anything to survive on. The description in Revelation 6:5 indicates people will be working for barely subsistence level rations when this happens.

(1). If Russia moves against the Ukraine, the Baltics, or Turkey at this point.. and NATO balks (as has already been indicated by the foreign minister of Belgium in a statement made in March 2016, in which he stated NATO would not intervene in a Russian-Turkish war, Reuters News Service), the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) will crumble virtually overnight.

"And I looked and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with the sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth" (Rev. 6:8).

(2).
If you want to survive the Third World War, I suggest you take a look at the thread I posted here in the eschatology section entitled "Nuclear Apocalypse". Start making preparations and plans right now. Don't wait.

Last edited:
Upvote 0