Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Perhaps the school does not want to risk having an interracial couple coming to the prom so they let it be privately funded so it can be legally segregated.
And of course there's no real reason to believe that

Upvote 0

Creech

Senior Veteran
Apr 7, 2012
New York
✟15,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Indians come from India, which is in Asia. Since he was referring to North America, why did you bring them up?

I think we have a misunderstanding. In the United States, another name for the Indigenous peoples of the Americans is Indian. I don't know if you are originally from the United States or whatever but using the term Indian for Indigenous peoples is very common.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,761.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I think we have a misunderstanding. In the United States, another name for the Indigenous peoples of the Americans is Indian. I don't know if you are originally from the United States or whatever but using the term Indian for Indigenous peoples is very common.

~1630 on my mom's side
before the 1790 census on my dad's side.

The appellation you're looking for is American Indian, though it's still incorrect.

Upvote 0

Creech

Senior Veteran
Apr 7, 2012
New York
✟15,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
~1630 on my mom's side
before the 1790 census on my dad's side.

The appellation you're looking for is American Indian, though it's still incorrect.

My apologizes for the false assumption, but I believe you will find the term Indian to be widely used and extremely common in the United States to refer to the Indigenous peoples of the Americas. Hope I helped clear things up! :wave:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,761.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
My apologizes for the false assumption, but I believe you will find the term Indian to be widely used and extremely common in the United States to refer to the Indigenous peoples of the Americas. Hope I helped clear things up! :wave:

Incorrectly so by people who are ignorant of what the proper names for certain ethnicities are.

Upvote 0

AkiraYamato

May 10, 2008
Kyoto/Japan
✟2,512.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I very much admire the Japanese way of doing things in regards to immigration. Although it probably would not work for the United States, it seems to be doing very well for Japan! :thumbsup:

Thank you for understanding that. Different cultures can't live united in one nation. It will never work and did never work anywhere. In japan we dont want such chaotic circumstances like you have in the usa.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Who cares?

You're not going to solve racism by forcing people to group together.
I see it as a promotion of security over freedom. I opt for the freedom which means we must accept the bad along with the good

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

ChristOurCaptain

Augsburgian Catholic
Feb 14, 2013
✟1,580.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
You're right segregation works much better:thumbsup:

So, government has a right to decide who you can and cannot invite to your party? Freedom of association should be suspended?

Again: This applies to PRIVATE parties. If the school is sponsoring the event, it's a different story. But no government should be allowed to dictate the guest list of a private party. No matter what.

Upvote 0

All Englands Skies

Christian-Syndicalist
Nov 4, 2008
Midlands
✟221,157.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Thank you for understanding that. Different cultures can't live united in one nation. It will never work and did never work anywhere. In japan we dont want such chaotic circumstances like you have in the usa.

Yeah, look what your culture did when unrestricted.

The Butchers of Asia.

Such cruality will never be forgotten, what you did to the POW's, I'd never even buy a Jap car because of it.

Upvote 0

AkiraYamato

May 10, 2008
Kyoto/Japan
✟2,512.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, look what your culture did when unrestricted.

The Butchers of Asia.

Such cruality will never be forgotten, what you did to the POW's, I'd never even buy a Jap car because of it.

Oh to bad. What else car will you buy? Since UK has not a single car producer left, i would say a german one...hahahahahahahahaahahahahahah

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

All Englands Skies

Christian-Syndicalist
Nov 4, 2008
Midlands
✟221,157.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Oh to bad. What else car will you buy? Since UK has not a single car producer left, i would say a german one...hahahahahahahahaahahahahahah

Most Germans accept what happened and are sorry.

Japs on the other hand, often like to pretend it never happened.

Upvote 0

Creech

Senior Veteran
Apr 7, 2012
New York
✟15,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single

Yes, I think Japan is a success because it is a nation based on a specific group of people with the same culture, heritage, and other things. The United States however, has become a place where anyone can be an American. All it really has become is geographic location. I'm surprised that our government doesn't just give American status to every single person on Earth. It means very little to be called an American these days.

Upvote 0

All Englands Skies

Christian-Syndicalist
Nov 4, 2008
Midlands
✟221,157.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Yes, I think Japan is a success because it is a nation based on a specific group of people with the same culture, heritage, and other things. The United States however, has become a place where anyone can be an American. All it really has become is geographic location. I'm surprised that our government doesn't just give American status to every single person on Earth. It means very little to be called an American these days.

If Culture never changed or mixed and its so wrong for it to happen, your nation would still be a Colony or part of the Commonwealth at least and you'd all still be British stock.

Upvote 0