• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Post here when you feel like cutting (2)

flying_kiwifruit

used to be bellaandpjforever I had a name change</
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2006
New Zealand
✟52,205.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
:hug: Katey

You can do this, when all the thoughts are in your head I find sometimes writing them down helps clear the confusion, you dont even have to look at them again but it can help. You can do this and make it through these trials, remember even when it seems God isnt there still relie on him, because he is still beside you.

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

Bamboo_Chicken

Once a Steffi, forever a Bamboo Chicken
Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2004
New South Wales
Visit site
✟39,912.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Private
I remember you :hug:. I know you Hun and I know you can do it. Can you try to listen to some music or write or do something else that will help? You know I'm always around if you want to chat too Hun.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

HolyOne87

Call Me A Sinner, Call Me A Saint..
Jun 2, 2006
✟18,539.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
ive been having so many issues lately(well..its mainly because i miss my best friend-whom is a priest). he moved to another parish a year ago and i barely see him. nor do i get to talk to him much because he is the head of his parish..so hes super busy.

he helped me stop cutting. but ever since he left, i felt urges to cut. i dont know what to do. its been over a year since i hurt myself. i only feel comfortable talking to him about it because i dont want to subject my new friends with it..nor my boyfriend. i figured they might feel thats my mindset all the time when it isnt(like make a generalization).

just pray for me i guess. i might try and call the priest tomorrow..hopefully he'll respond though.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Bamboo_Chicken

Once a Steffi, forever a Bamboo Chicken
Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2004
New South Wales
Visit site
✟39,912.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Private
ive been having so many issues lately(well..its mainly because i miss my best friend-whom is a priest). he moved to another parish a year ago and i barely see him. nor do i get to talk to him much because he is the head of his parish..so hes super busy.

he helped me stop cutting. but ever since he left, i felt urges to cut. i dont know what to do. its been over a year since i hurt myself. i only feel comfortable talking to him about it because i dont want to subject my new friends with it..nor my boyfriend. i figured they might feel thats my mindset all the time when it isnt(like make a generalization).

just pray for me i guess. i might try and call the priest tomorrow..hopefully he'll respond though.
Did you manage to get onto him at all? And you mentioned you dont want to tell your boyfriend or friend because they might generalise it...is there a way you could tell them and explain that it isn't always like that? That you only struggle sometimes?
i want to do it so bad right nowww its really hardd
You can do it Hun! Have you looked at the sticky we have in the SI forum called Things you can do to de-escalate and divert an emergency?
:cry: :cry: :cry: the thoughts are getting so strong tonight :cry:
You can resist it Katey. Do you have a safe spot in your house that you can go to where you know you wont hurt yourself?

• Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

foxyfan

May 18, 2006
✟295.00
Faith
Christian
Wish I could give up and throw the towel in. As a mate of mine worte
life is harsh, and you never know what is going to be pulled out of the hat next. some people seem to get all the problems and strugles. others seem to have life perfect. no1 understands how or why this happens, and every1 wishes that had it better.

Why was I delt the problems and struggles. Everything just seems to go wrong and I can't fix it and I can't make it go away, the only thing I have control over is whether I live or die, whether I cut or not.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

bubblefish

used to be cat_goes_meow
Oct 23, 2004
Australia
✟34,317.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
life is harsh, and you never know what is going to be pulled out of the hat next. some people seem to get all the problems and strugles. others seem to have life perfect. no1 understands how or why this happens, and every1 wishes that had it better.

Why was I delt the problems and struggles. Everything just seems to go wrong and I can't fix it and I can't make it go away, the only thing I have control over is whether I live or die, whether I cut or not.

:hug: Don't give up Hun. You can get through this. I know it might not seem like it now, but it won't always be this way. You can get through it :hug:

• Prayers
Upvote 0

ChristInAction

Beloved Child
May 14, 2006
Melbourne
Visit site
✟8,880.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Single

even people who seem to have the perfect life now, might have their stubbles & pain later in life. 'What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.' is so true. This pain will go away, it might takes a few months, it may take years but things will get better.
Hold onto that.
You have greater control over life & the situtation you have to face when you choose to stay stong, not cut.
You can do it. :hug: ill be praying for you. xox

• Prayers
Upvote 0

texannurse

Mar 13, 2006
✟1,183.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Republican
Hi all. It's been a while since I've been in here. Things are really rough right now. I don't want to cut (my therapist would kick me out) but the urges get stronger and stronger and I'm afraid to tell him. So, I am alone with no one to talk to. Way too hard to handle. I'm off to take a nap. Maybe some sleep will keep me going.

• Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ChristInAction

Beloved Child
May 14, 2006
Melbourne
Visit site
✟8,880.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Single
Hi all. It's been a while since I've been in here. Things are really rough right now. I don't want to cut (my therapist would kick me out) but the urges get stronger and stronger and I'm afraid to tell him. So, I am alone with no one to talk to. Way too hard to handle. I'm off to take a nap. Maybe some sleep will keep me going.

:hug:
whats the point in a therapist you can talk to about cutting?
personally i think u need a better therapist, but thats just me.
try to hang in there. your doing so well! i hope your sleep helped, at lest you cant cut while your asleep. ;) when the erge gets to much, i go to sleep, in the morning i have no time to cut.
if u need someone to talk to, i or anyone on here im sure will be very happy to listen & try to help if they can.
stay safe. xox

• Prayers
Upvote 0

ChristInAction

Beloved Child
May 14, 2006
Melbourne
Visit site
✟8,880.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Single
dahh dahh dahh.
stuff this.
dahh dahh dahh.
needa cut.
but im leading a holiday program/missions trip for kids, starting tomorrow.
so i cant.
because i cant cut & be a leader at the same time.
but i cant deal with the fact that luke is going to it now.
(luke is our youth pastor & he treats me really like im less then human & all this stuff..)
but i cant back out now.

dahh. so much bad stuff has happened.
just can't do it anymore.
i guess watching this movie- 'thin' isnt helping.. but.. meh..

• Prayers
Upvote 0

texannurse

Mar 13, 2006
✟1,183.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Republican
THanks, the nap did help, so did a good night's sleep.
My therapist will kick me out bc he says we can't have a true theraputic relationship if I am not honest and play by the rules. He actually is wonderful and tremendously helpful - just not in this area. Everytime I bring it up he just says that I can't do it. I wish he'd listen to me about it, rather than brushing it off since it's been over a year and a half since my last cut. But I do think about it everyday. Sad!

• Prayers
Upvote 0