Lpe04

Apr 15, 2005
Visit site
✟9,099.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
A big part of your walk with God is based on positive thinking. The more postivly we think, the easier it becomes to believe God's promises, to enjoy things and life, to become more active and closer to God, and to have more joy and happiness in your life.

So how do we become positive thinkers? Well, believe it or not but the world teaches you to think negativly. Wrong! God does not dwell in the negative, God is positive. God is love and light, in Him is no darkness at all. We are called to become more like God, we are created in His image. This includes changing our thought patters to match His. The Word of God says that we have the mind of Christ (1 Cor. 2:26). So one of the ways of putting off the old man nature is also to put off the old man thinking habit which was conformed to the world, and change your mind and your thought pattern with it.
Think positive! Be positive! Live positive! Take every thought into the captivity of the obedience of Christ!

2 Cor. 10:5:
We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

Jesus says that we are to become like little children. How do little children think? They think positivly. If you don't believe me, then watch one. Kids are very positive. Think of when you were a kid, I bet you were a lot more postive. You were going to be a doctor, or a baseball player, or an astronaught. The skies were the limit, you believed in yourself in everything. You thought positivly and it affected who you were and what you saw. Positive people are also just more enjoyable to be around. They seem to lift everyone in the room around them. I'm sure you can think of at least one positive person you like to hang around. Let's all think more positivly!

God Bless

Angel*Eyes

Feb 20, 2005
✟16,572.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Lpe04 said:
So one of the ways of putting off the old man nature is also to put off the old man thinking habit which was conformed to the world, and change your mind and your thought pattern with it.
Lpe04 said:
Think positive! Be positive! Live positive! Take every thought into the captivity of the obedience of Christ!

:thumbsup: I agree. The battle is fought and won in the mind. It's easy for some people to think positive but it used to be hard fir me to do so.

Defeated thoughts cause you to speak defeated words, and to lead a defeated life.

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,640.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
hi:wave:

It depends what you mean by positive thinking. I have met positive confessions before..............

A problem with positive speaking is that as believers we are to practice truthful speaking. We are to speak the truth in love to one another and to speak the truth from God to the world regardless of how positive or negative it seems.​

All of the prophets and much of Jesus Ministry can be seen as 'negative' talk, but its the truth!

Ezekiel 5:12 NIV
A third of your people will die of the plague or perish by famine inside you; a third will fall by the sword outside your walls; and a third I will scatter to the winds and pursue with drawn sword.

Jesus Christ did not come full of positive talk- he came full of Grace and Truth. He was not afraid to speak straight to the heart of the matter, or to call people to their face what they were.

The first step to dealing with a problem is facing up to it. If we are so positive that we cannot admit a problem, how indeed can we solve it?

2 Chronicles 20:12 NIV
O our God, will you not judge them? For we have no power to face this vast army that is attacking us. We do not know what to do, but our eyes are upon you."

This is not 'positive'- its utter desperation and calling out to the Source of all help- the Lord who made heaven and earth. Ascribe greatness to our God, the rock, he is a refuge in times of trouble and cares for those who trust in him. Our rock and our deliverance.

In this world we will have much trouble, but Jesus has overcome the world. Admitting we are going to have problems is not positive, but through Jesus we can overcome- this is real, this is truth!

:)

Upvote 0

luvinjesus111

Feb 25, 2005
WV
✟852.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
lismore said:
hi:wave:

It depends what you mean by positive thinking. I have met positive confessions before..............

A problem with positive speaking is that as believers we are to practice truthful speaking. We are to speak the truth in love to one another and to speak the truth from God to the world regardless of how positive or negative it seems.​

All of the prophets and much of Jesus Ministry can be seen as 'negative' talk, but its the truth!

Ezekiel 5:12 NIV
A third of your people will die of the plague or perish by famine inside you; a third will fall by the sword outside your walls; and a third I will scatter to the winds and pursue with drawn sword.

Jesus Christ did not come full of positive talk- he came full of Grace and Truth. He was not afraid to speak straight to the heart of the matter, or to call people to their face what they were.

The first step to dealing with a problem is facing up to it. If we are so positive that we cannot admit a problem, how indeed can we solve it?

2 Chronicles 20:12 NIV
O our God, will you not judge them? For we have no power to face this vast army that is attacking us. We do not know what to do, but our eyes are upon you."

This is not 'positive'- its utter desperation and calling out to the Source of all help- the Lord who made heaven and earth. Ascribe greatness to our God, the rock, he is a refuge in times of trouble and cares for those who trust in him. Our rock and our deliverance.

In this world we will have much trouble, but Jesus has overcome the world. Admitting we are going to have problems is not positive, but through Jesus we can overcome- this is real, this is truth!

The word says to meditate on theses things, noble,just, pure, lovely & of good report. While there are indeed times of trials that you will most assurdley call out on the name of Jesus theses thoughts are what we are to pursue.:clap:

Upvote 0

ChristianMuse

Oct 1, 2004
Hamilton, Ontario
Visit site
✟1,272.00
Faith
Christian
I guess the bottom line is how you view faith. Is it really faith when you practice positive thinking. In many cases I have heard people confessing a positive outcome based on the scriptures. I wonder if God had witnessed with their spirit that what they are thinking is going to come to pass. With positive thinking you take hope and speak. Yet if there is no witness it may be simply presumption, faith's dangerous cousin.

Again,

is faith the substance of things hoped for...

or

is faith the assurance of things hoped for...

Positive thinking is based on the substance.
I believe true confession comes from the assurance.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.