PNW
Visit site
✟31,962.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Personally my experience with segregation has been mild isolation and a few derogatory remarks, I've had it easy compared to many around the world.

Difficulty in finding a place to rent as a mixed race couple.
I thank God that we didn't end up in a place where the land lord hated us.

The push of people to teach my children how evil white people are/were as if I had no feelings and as if my children were just one race. Sometimes rejected by both ethnic backgrounds at once.

My children have learned to discern nothing is all black and white and people are not all bad or all good. Peoples and races are a mix of so many different ideas and all learning and growing and changing. We impacting them and them us. A little rejection can make one appreciate more the difficulty others may suffer and look to better ways of helping those of a different view.

Having a lot of children isolated me quite a bit. No one wanted to ask us to fellowship or dinner, because the time and energy it takes to cook for this troupe and actually coordinate schedules with us can seem over whelming.
I've learned to be better at having others at my home without a big fuss about every room being clean. I've learned to notice others being left out of the fellowship for various reasons. I've learned that just listening to a young mom can make her week more sane.

I've been locked out of posting in the main area. Probably the biggest blessing to my life I've ever had. While Yeshua ate and drank with tax collector and let an immoral woman wash his feet and dry them with her hair, I formerly had no concept of the isolation of the outcast. Those who have prison records, Those who have been prostitutes, those who smell bad, or look bad or act odd and make others uncomfortable. Now I see them, I hear them, I contemplate how to include them.

I think different, I see different, I hear differently and I hope I continue to grow in love for the people of God. How Great the Father's love for us. In the midst of our idolitry, and wickedness, He sent his living Torah to shine light in the darkness, that we migh have life more abundantly.

Praise God that His mercy and love remain forever.
bananna

Reactions: Hadassah

Bananna

Contributor
Site Supporter
Apr 26, 2005
PNW
Visit site
✟31,962.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I guess I should clarify, UT is a bit of a segregation not to be compared those that have had trouble with the law. UT is a segregation of Ideas. Please don't take it that I'm iffering anything is immoral about thinking and believing scriptures mean something different than what anyone else says.
bananna

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.