Portland sees Antifa descend on Christian worship event, clash with Proud Boys in streets

spiritfilledjm

Site Supporter
Apr 15, 2007
Indianapolis, Indiana
✟225,404.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Portland sees Antifa descend on Christian worship event, clash with Proud Boys in streets

The U.S. is nowhere near the persecution level as we see in China, N. Korea and other countries in the 10-40 zone...but this is how it starts.

A Christian pastor had started a worship event that was then disrupted by Antifa. Antifa, other than not liking Christianity in general, didn't like this pastor because he is anti-abortion, anti-LGBTQ, and anti-mask. Proud Boys, who were there because they knew Antifa was going to be there, attempted to fight back against them as police just sat in their cars and did nothing. One did sound off their siren for a second but other than that, nothing. Families were here with their children to do nothing more than enjoy a time of worship. The antifa members threw smoke bombs and flash bang's and sprayed pepper spray. They also threw eggs and black paint. The then ended up throwing the sound equipment in the river.

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lord, have mercy. :(

National-Shrine-of-the-Divine-Mercy.jpg

Upvote 0

GreekOrthodox

Psalti Chrysostom
Oct 25, 2010
Yorktown VA
✟176,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Uh... Artur Pawlowski (born March 28, 1973) is a Polish-Canadian Protestant street preacher[1] and political activist.[1][2] He is pastor of the Cave of Adullam congregation in Calgary and previously led the Kings Glory Fellowship (KGF).[3] Pawlowski is also founder and pastor of Street Church Ministries (SCM), a politically active group no longer recognized as a religious or charitable organization by the Canadian government,[3] where he engages in open-air preaching and Christian street outreach.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

The U.S. is nowhere near the persecution level as we see in China, N. Korea and other countries in the 10-40 zone...but this is how it starts.

A Christian pastor had started a worship event that was then disrupted by Antifa. Antifa, other than not liking Christianity in general, didn't like this pastor because he is anti-abortion, anti-LGBTQ, and anti-mask. Proud Boys, who were there because they knew Antifa was going to be there, attempted to fight back against them as police just sat in their cars and did nothing. One did sound off their siren for a second but other than that, nothing. Families were here with their children to do nothing more than enjoy a time of worship. The antifa members threw smoke bombs and flash bang's and sprayed pepper spray. They also threw eggs and black paint. The then ended up throwing the sound equipment in the river.

I disregard anything and everything that Fox News reports.

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Uh... Artur Pawlowski (born March 28, 1973) is a Polish-Canadian Protestant street preacher[1] and political activist.[1][2] He is pastor of the Cave of Adullam congregation in Calgary and previously led the Kings Glory Fellowship (KGF).[3] Pawlowski is also founder and pastor of Street Church Ministries (SCM), a politically active group no longer recognized as a religious or charitable organization by the Canadian government,[3] where he engages in open-air preaching and Christian street outreach.
I know that some people find street preaching annoying or bothersome. But throwing paint at people and starting a riot is not an appropriate response to something that you find annoying or unrelatable.

Upvote 0

GreekOrthodox

Psalti Chrysostom
Oct 25, 2010
Yorktown VA
✟176,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I know that some people find street preaching annoying or bothersome. But throwing paint at people and starting a riot is not an appropriate response to something that you find annoying or unrelatable.

I've had my fair share of run ins with street preachers. I've been screamed at by one that I was going to hell because I was "Catholic" as I was wearing my cassock.

Another, very honestly, I believe was an angel in disguise or at least a fool-for-Christ. I was on the Boston subway in a very deep funk and one who seemed a bit crazy when he got on the train, suddenly looked at me and said, "This will pass, be of cheer", and then went back to his crazed preaching and got off at the next stop. A few weeks later, I had landed a new job.

Upvote 0

Fr. Appletree

Priest of The Society of St. Pius V
Jun 24, 2021
Williamsburg
✟11,875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate

Yes, I've been following the story of the Canadian Government's persecution of this clearly faithful man. The hatred of the Canadian government towards the Christian practice, as Artur claims, is bolshevik..

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've had my fair share of run ins with street preachers. I've been screamed at by one that I was going to hell because I was "Catholic" as I was wearing my cassock.

Another, very honestly, I believe was an angel in disguise or at least a fool-for-Christ. I was on the Boston subway in a very deep funk and one who seemed a bit crazy when he got on the train, suddenly looked at me and said, "This will pass, be of cheer", and then went back to his crazed preaching and got off at the next stop. A few weeks later, I had landed a new job.
This is one of the examples of street preaching that I’ve found really cool, and helpful.

I have interacted with some street preachers before (after my husband goes up first, cause I’m too shy to go up on my own), and it’s been a mixed bag. Some are friendly guys and some are just rambling a speech and won’t even talk to you or look at anyone. The simplest I’ve met was just a guy quietly sitting on the sidewalk holding a cardboard sign that said “Follow Jesus!” It was simple and quiet and striking, too. If anyone wanted to come up and talk to him, they could, and it was cool.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

spiritfilledjm

Site Supporter
Apr 15, 2007
Indianapolis, Indiana
✟225,404.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I disregard anything and everything that Fox News reports.

Then feel free to look it up using the multitude of other news outlets that reported on the event ‍♂️

Upvote 0

spiritfilledjm

Site Supporter
Apr 15, 2007
Indianapolis, Indiana
✟225,404.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The bottom line here is that families were there for worship. This wasn't your run of the mill random street preacher who was screaming at everyone. This was a planned worship and preaching event in a public park. Even then, it doesn't matter. This is America, one should not be physically assaulted for processing their faith in public. Want to question them, debate them? Go nuts. But to spray pepper spray where children are present, throw flashbangs, smoke bombs and the like, is completely unamerican and wrong.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟792,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed

Wow. "Those awful 'Proud Boys'! Insurgents!"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,932.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The original story from the local Portland Tribune is somewhat different in context. It appears that the pastor's event actually went on and concluded as scheduled, but "left-wing anti-fascists, often dubbed antifa" and counter-protestors in Proud Boys colors clashed after the Christian meeting had concluded.

Pamplin Media Group - Left-, right-wing groups clash at rally in downtown Portland

Upvote 0

Job 33:6

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Romans Chapter 13 comes to mind.

It's best for Christians to stay out of these politically energized disputes.

An unrecognized pastor contracting an informal political "gang" for lack of better terms (proud boys), as security for his preaching, is just as concerning as the political "gang" (antifa) that clashed with the proud boys.

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟792,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
That’s probably why that group is there to cause trouble. The proud boys are branded terrorists in Canada.
Which "group is there to cause trouble"? Antifa or Proud Boys? Proud Boys are the bad guys here?

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟792,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
The Christian group ... what were they doing there?
Yes, certainly, all the Christians had in mind is causing trouble. Really? Do you always support Antifa?

Upvote 0