Portland sees Antifa descend on Christian worship event, clash with Proud Boys in streets

Fr. Appletree

Priest of The Society of St. Pius V
Jun 24, 2021
Williamsburg
✟11,875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
According to the BBC there was a large proud boys rally throughout Portland. They organized and marched into and throughout the city.

Portland rally: Far-right and antifa groups face off

Why a politically energized pastor is holding a sermon during a proud boys rally event in a liberal city, it says a lot about the circumstances. This pastor is playing into the political division. Don't be fooled into thinking he was just some innocent pastor holding a typical sermon about the good news. No, he was there to spread not the word of God, but to spread politics.

It's not like antifa just went on Google and looked up some random church and decided to show up. And it's not like this pastor just found some random park and out of pure chance just happened to be in the middle of the conflict. This is pre-meditated, political conflict.

It's all politics. And Christians just shouldn't be wrapped up on this fascist vs anti fascist conflict. Our mission is to spread the gospel, not to be picking sides.

Check out some of these commentaries:

Andy Ngo, a far-right commentator, wrote on Twitter that Antifa had tried to "attack & shut down a family Christian prayer & worship event on the waterfront."

(Andy Ngo - fox news commentator, frequently accused of sharing misleading or selective material,[15] described as a provocateur,[23] and accused of having links with militant right-wing groups in Portland.[27]) -wiki

Reverand Chuck Currie from Portland wrote, "Christian minister in Portland here. This was no "family Christian prayer event." It was a far-right political rally organized by a failed MAGA congressional candidate from CA."

Rev. Chuck Currie - minister in the United Church of Christ (UCC). Received death threats from capitol riot supporters and a local lgbtq rights supporter.

This is all just political infighting, and every Christian should flee. None are innocent here. And they weren't there with good intentions.

Citing Wikipedia, known for it's far left bias on political and religious matters, including the exclusion of right-leaning source material.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
According to the BBC there was a large proud boys rally throughout Portland. They organized and marched into and throughout the city.

Portland rally: Far-right and antifa groups face off

Why a politically energized pastor is holding a sermon during a proud boys rally event in a liberal city, it says a lot about the circumstances. This pastor is playing into the political division. Don't be fooled into thinking he was just some innocent pastor holding a typical sermon about the good news. No, he was there to spread not the word of God, but to spread politics.

It's not like antifa just went on Google and looked up some random church and decided to show up. And it's not like this pastor just found some random park and out of pure chance just happened to be in the middle of the conflict. This is pre-meditated, political conflict.

It's all politics. And Christians just shouldn't be wrapped up on this fascist vs anti fascist conflict. Our mission is to spread the gospel, not to be picking sides.

Check out some of these commentaries:

Andy Ngo, a far-right commentator, wrote on Twitter that Antifa had tried to "attack & shut down a family Christian prayer & worship event on the waterfront."

(Andy Ngo - fox news commentator, frequently accused of sharing misleading or selective material,[15] described as a provocateur,[23] and accused of having links with militant right-wing groups in Portland.[27]) -wiki

Reverand Chuck Currie from Portland wrote, "Christian minister in Portland here. This was no "family Christian prayer event." It was a far-right political rally organized by a failed MAGA congressional candidate from CA."

Rev. Chuck Currie - minister in the United Church of Christ (UCC). Received death threats from capitol riot supporters and a local lgbtq rights supporter.

This is all just political infighting, and every Christian should flee. None are innocent here. And they weren't there with good intentions.
Like I said a lot of assumptions .. and a lot of unproven allegations.

• Agree
Reactions: topher694
Upvote 0

Job 33:6

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,478.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Citing Wikipedia, known for it's far left bias on political and religious matters, including the exclusion of right-leaning source material.

I quoted a fox news commentator as well. I'm glad you noticed that these figures are highlighted as polarizing political activists. That's the whole point. This wasn't your standard run of the mill sermon in the park. It was a politically driven conflict involving what are political extremists. A pastor with a history of arrests and government defiance, speaking during a proud boys rally calling for the criminalization of antifa, in the city of Portland, known to be a city in which antifa has a number of supporters.

This is political activism.

And like I said before, Christians should be skeptical of any pastor giving speeches in defiance of covid-19 safety restrictions, while defended by neo fascist armed militias. Especially ones designated as hate groups.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pioneer3mm
Upvote 0

Fr. Appletree

Jun 24, 2021
Williamsburg
✟11,875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
I quoted a fox news commentator as well. I'm glad you noticed that these figures are highlighted as polarizing political activists. That's the whole point. This wasn't your standard run of the mill sermon in the park. It was a politically driven conflict involving what are political extremists. A pastor with a history of arrests and government defiance, speaking during a proud boys rally calling for the criminalization of antifa, in the city of Portland, known to be a city in which antifa has a number of supporters.

This is political activism.

And like I said before, Christians should be skeptical of any pastor giving speeches in defiance of covid-19 safety restrictions, while defended by neo fascist armed militias. Especially ones designated as hate groups.

Covid fascist restrictions should be protested and pastors should speak up against it. By no means should it be acceptable to submit to these antihuman government policies which exist to bring about a new worldwide bolshevism.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Which "group is there to cause trouble"? Antifa or Proud Boys? Proud Boys are the bad guys here?
Proud Boys always come looking for trouble. They are literally a fighting gang, by their own definitions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I know that some people find street preaching annoying or bothersome. But throwing paint at people and starting a riot is not an appropriate response to something that you find annoying or unrelatable.

Animal rights activists do it all the time. They used to threaten women in fur with cans of paint. I experienced that personally. Last year they had another ruckus over down coats near my home.

~bella

Upvote 0

iarwain

Feb 13, 2009
✟105,083.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Proud Boys, who were there because they knew Antifa was going to be there, attempted to fight back against them as police just sat in their cars and did nothing. One did sound off their siren for a second but other than that, nothing.
If only a social worker had been there to sound a siren, I bet that would have done it.

• Haha
Reactions: Job 33:6
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Fr. Appletree

Jun 24, 2021
Williamsburg
✟11,875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
President Biden has no arrests for or conviction of rape. That was easy.

Now...show your evidence please.

That isn't evidence. That's just your assertion.

So why should I show anything to someone who had no concept of evidence?

Upvote 0