Status
Not open for further replies.

Washington

Jul 3, 2003
Washington state
✟7,305.00
Faith
Agnostic
The Pope said that "saving" humanity from homosexual or transsexual behaviour is just as important as saving the rainforests.

In comments at the Vatican that are likely to provoke a furious reaction from homosexual groups, Benedict also warned that blurring the distinction between male and female could lead to the "self-destruction" of the human race.

In his address to the Curia, the Vatican's central administration, he described behaviour beyond traditional heterosexual relations as "a destruction of God's work" and said that the Roman Catholic Church had a duty to "protect man from the destruction of himself".

It is not "outmoded metaphysics" to urge respect for the "nature of the human being as man and woman," he added.

"The tropical forests do deserve our protection. But man, as a creature, does not deserve any less."

The Catholic Church teaches that while homosexuality is not sinful, homosexual acts are. It opposes gay marriage and, in October, a leading Vatican official described homosexuality as "a deviation, an irregularity, a wound".

The Pope said humanity needed to "listen to the language of creation" to understand the intended roles of man and woman.

He also defended the Church's right to "speak of human nature as man and woman, and ask that this order of creation be respected".

source
Ah, what a tangled web we weave. When first we practice to believe.

Reactions: Wyzaard

jcook922

Defender of Liberty, against the Left or Right.
Aug 5, 2008
United States
✟9,746.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
The Pope said that "saving" humanity from homosexual or transsexual behaviour is just as important as saving the rainforests.

In comments at the Vatican that are likely to provoke a furious reaction from homosexual groups, Benedict also warned that blurring the distinction between male and female could lead to the "self-destruction" of the human race.

In his address to the Curia, the Vatican's central administration, he described behaviour beyond traditional heterosexual relations as "a destruction of God's work" and said that the Roman Catholic Church had a duty to "protect man from the destruction of himself".

It is not "outmoded metaphysics" to urge respect for the "nature of the human being as man and woman," he added.

"The tropical forests do deserve our protection. But man, as a creature, does not deserve any less."

The Catholic Church teaches that while homosexuality is not sinful, homosexual acts are. It opposes gay marriage and, in October, a leading Vatican official described homosexuality as "a deviation, an irregularity, a wound".

The Pope said humanity needed to "listen to the language of creation" to understand the intended roles of man and woman.

He also defended the Church's right to "speak of human nature as man and woman, and ask that this order of creation be respected".

source
Ah, what a tangled web we weave. When first we practice to believe.

I love how the Pope is the only person on this planet who can say whatever he wants and not be criticized in the slightest. He has a point about a dubious future lying ahead though, if the bending of the genders gets too prevalent. In a minority capacity, I really don't care. But I don't want to live in a society where it's EVERYWHERE and 50 percent of the people amongst us are gay or trans. I don't think it'll ever get that way, but the thought scares me.

Upvote 0

jcook922

Defender of Liberty, against the Left or Right.
Aug 5, 2008
United States
✟9,746.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
Which is why I still don't have very much respect for the current Pope.

popeemperor.jpg

Reactions: selfinflikted
Upvote 0

bigbadwilf

Drinking from the glass half-empty
Dec 22, 2008
Oxford, UK
✟8,706.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well, it's not as if it's the first time he's had an attack of foot-in-mouth disease.
My mind is drawn to his comments about the indiginous populations of South America "silently longing" for the Christian faith by colonizers, presumably also they were longing for the smallpox, influenza and typhus that they also brought.

Reactions: Wyzaard
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Beanieboy

Senior Veteran
Jan 20, 2006
✟50,122.00
Faith
Christian
It's being a celibate priest self destructing the male/female relationship? Or encouraging girls to join nunneries?

I haven't met a self proclaimed homosexual that suddenly turned heterosexual, nor a heterosexual that suddenly gave up on heterosexuality and became gay. I have met bisexual people that are happy with both, but not people who are farther to one side or the other change suddenly, so I don't know if humanity needs to be "saved" from homosexuality.

But transexual "behavior"? I don't even know what that means.

As for the Pope, I grew up Lutheran, back when Lutherans were told that we were going to hell for not being Catholic (I was told that at 5 from my 6 year old neighbor after his first communion, running in panic, crying to my mom.) So, I see him only as a man.
I saw a doc where adults who were molested by a priest as children went all the way to Rome to ask to talk to the Pope, to ask that the problem of simply sending the priest to a new congregation, be changed. They were turned away.

The Vatican also recently apologized about not helping more in the Holocaust, so, if it takes that long for an apology for their wrong doing, should this come as any surprise?

Upvote 0
W

WhatThe

It's being a celibate priest self destructing the male/female relationship? Or encouraging girls to join nunneries?

I find it unbelievable that the Catholic Church sees sex, one of the most natural human practices, to be one of the biggest sins.

It reminds me of a video on YouTube: http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=SutThIFi24w&feature=related
A priest said "If everyone in the world was gay, there'd be no world!"
The response was "If everyone in the world was a Roman Catholic priest, there'd be no world!"

Upvote 0

bsd13

Jan 31, 2008
North of Boston Ma
✟1,037.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I find it unbelievable that the Catholic Church sees sex, one of the most natural human practices, to be one of the biggest sins.

It reminds me of a video on YouTube: http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=SutThIFi24w&feature=related
A priest said "If everyone in the world was gay, there'd be no world!"
The response was "If everyone in the world was a Roman Catholic priest, there'd be no world!"

Sex between a married man and woman isn't an issue for anyone. God has blessed that. Sex between unmarried persons, and/or sex between persons of the same gender is the issue. God has NOT blessed that.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.