Northern California
✟3,947.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
That was my point - what I said about evolution makes as much sense as saying God is a fairy tale. Evolution is about more than "everything randomly happened" just like God is more than an invisible being that does "magic" as someone said earlier.
But you have no evidence that supports your assertion that he/she/it is more than that or even exists at all. But we have piles of evidence for evolution.

Reactions: Wyzaard
Upvote 0

morningstar2651

Senior Veteran
Dec 6, 2004
Arizona
✟66,649.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That was my point - what I said about evolution makes as much sense as saying God is a fairy tale. Evolution is about more than "everything randomly happened" just like God is more than an invisible being that does "magic" as someone said earlier.
That's a gross misrepresentation of evolution. When I roll a die (we'll assume a d6 for the sake of simplicity), we expect a random number between 1 and 6. However, the result isn't random - it is determined by the velocity and rotation of the die, by gravity, by friction, and by many other variables that we can't keep track of. If we could track all those variables, we'd know the result before the dice stopped rolling.

As Einstein put it, God does not play dice with the universe.

Upvote 0

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Woohooo!

Haha, just kidding, but in all fairness, it is a Christian forum. You're bound to have some skew.
You're saying atheist forum rules don't reflect the ideology of its owners and operators?
It's just how it is.
What??? You're just making stuff up as you go along.

Show me one atheist board where calling the theory of evolution a fairy tale is prohibited under the board rules. Show me one atheist board where the disparaging of atheists' lack of belief is prohibited under the board rules. Show me one atheist board where an equivalent of "blasphemy" is restricted under board rules. Show me one atheist message board where, other that the standard legal restrictions, dialog is restricted in any way. Atheist forums are all about the expression of freethought, and boards like this are inclined to the restriction of freethought

Last edited:
Upvote 0

corvus_corax

Naclist Hierophant and Prophet
Jan 19, 2005
Oregon
✟14,911.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
And you didn't even answer my post
Thanks, typical.

Upvote 0

Wyzaard

Jan 4, 2008
✟7,200.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's not really nice because a fairy tale is something children believe in, but when they grow older and wiser they do not. By referring to God like that, you are implying that we are childlike and therefore not as wise as you believe you are.

"Well miss... if the slipper fits, you get to be the princess!!!"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nihilismus

Nov 26, 2008
✟8,264.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
It's not really nice because a fairy tale is something children believe in, but when they grow older and wiser they do not. By referring to God like that, you are implying that we are childlike and therefore not as wise as you believe you are.
Perhaps if you revealed to us the distinction, we would not be making such presumptuous fools of ourselves...

Upvote 0

Wyzaard

Jan 4, 2008
✟7,200.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Evolution is about more than "everything randomly happened" just like God is more than an invisible being that does "magic" as someone said earlier.

Not so fast. Evolution has a mountain of empirical confirmation for it's well-constructed models; Christianity has neither verification nor a consistent structure.

Upvote 0

Morcova

Oct 30, 2006
✟10,470.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian

I'm sorry but there is zero difference between "magic" and "miracles".

And when did you see god?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

OphidiaPhile

Sep 26, 2008
Northern California
✟3,947.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
To Morcova,
To many of us who have seen miracle there is, to others there isnt.
Point out one actual miracle to us.

We spoke yesterday, and since when did you see some evolution occur in front of your eyes?
And again you show that you have zero understanding of evolution and you may have spoke to your deity but I do not believe he/she/it spoke back.

Upvote 0

Morcova

Oct 30, 2006
✟10,470.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
To Morcova,
To many of us who have seen miracle there is, to others there isnt.

Indeed, some people see a child getting well and praise god and call it a miracle... others see all the hard work and dedication of doctors that went into getting that child well and ask what god had to do with it.

Upvote 0

ChrisBot

Version 7.0 Beta
Christian Forums Staff
Site Supporter
Nov 18, 2001
The Web
✟59,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.