Pope Francis will deceive the world under a garb of holiness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nanopants

The mainline Protestant churches as a whole have abandoned their Protestant heritage, and have bowed the knee to Rome. Luther, Wesley, Huss, Jerome, Calvin all died in vain, if they could see how postmodernism theology has diluted the majority of Protestant churches in North American and Western Europe. The fact of the matter is that Rome hasn't changed, but Protestants have changed, and are now bowing before Rome.

If they've stopped accusing and speaking evil of Christians, great, but it takes a special kind of creativeness to think that that is equivalent to "bowing."

Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟326,204.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The mainline Protestant churches as a whole have abandoned their Protestant heritage, and have bowed the knee to Rome. Luther, Wesley, Huss, Jerome, Calvin all died in vain, if they could see how postmodernism theology has diluted the majority of Protestant churches in North American and Western Europe. The fact of the matter is that Rome hasn't changed, but Protestants have changed, and are now bowing before Rome.
I don't see this at all. The same theological differences regarding justification exist now as then and plenty of modern evangelicals are anti-Catholic.

Upvote 0

CFTerminator

Jun 29, 2013
USA
✟677.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If they've stopped accusing and speaking evil of Christians, great, but it takes a special kind of creativeness to think that that is equivalent to "bowing."

Who is speaking "evil" of Christians? The fact is that most Protestans are "in bed with Rome". While they never use to be hundreds of years ago. The voice of Protest has largely been silenced by political correctness.

Upvote 0

CFTerminator

Jun 29, 2013
USA
✟677.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't see this at all. The same theological differences regarding justification exist now as then and plenty of modern evangelicals are anti-Catholic.

Where do you see that in this forum. If you call out the Pope as the Antichrist, you can be punished, and accused of "hate" language.

Upvote 0

Keachian

On Sabbatical
Feb 3, 2010
Horse-lie-down
Visit site
✟23,842.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
You say that you are a Baptist, then why are you bowing to Rome, by keeping Sunday, as day based on man made tradition? The Baptists say they keep the Commandments, but they don't keep the 7th day. Baptists say, but don't do.

Yawn, predictable dodge, further displaying that you don't understand theological systems not your own.

Upvote 0
Jun 2, 2013
Wichita, Kansas
Visit site
✟15,580.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If the Pope is hiding something, he has a funny way of getting it done.

Outing the gay lobby in the Vatican ...

Opened investigation into the Vatican Bank, resulting in at least one arrest so far?

If this Pope cleans up the problems in the Vatican, will he have done it just for show so people would think he's really just the pope when in fact he's the anti-christ? Why would the anti-christ want to expose the scandal in the Vatican? How far would he go to fix problems until he gets into the serious business of destroying the place?

Alan

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟223,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hey, I'm attend a Korean church, and we bow to durn near everyone. Is that a problem? :p

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟223,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You say that you are a Baptist, then why are you bowing to Rome, by keeping Sunday, as day based on man made tradition?
Which of the Reformers were Sabbatarians? I musta missed that. Anyway, the Council of Jerusalem put paid to Sabbatarianism, so it's ridiculous to keep beating that tub 2000 years later.

The Baptists say they keep the Commandments, but they don't keep the 7th day.
So?

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟735,029.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Really? I was raised by a Japanese man, and no, I get it. To some asians, bowing can mean something other than what it means to westerners.

Bowing (and the feminine form known as the curtsy) has been fairly traditional in Western society as well, but it's generally fallen out of favor.

250px-Wenceslas_Hollar_-_The_bowing_gentleman_%28State_2%29.jpg

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟223,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Really? I was raised by a Japanese man, and no, I get it. To some asians, bowing can mean something other than what it means to westerners.
I was raised by my Korean mom and my exceedingly Southern dad. When we were with Koreans at church or elsewhere, both my parents insisted on all the Korean courtesies being observed. That means I perfected my bowing at a very early age, including the full formal bow, where you kneel and touch your forehead to the floor, to parents and grandparents on special occasions. I kinda consider anyone who believes that bowing in and of itself is somehow wrong to be a dunce.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.