Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God never decreed polygamy or polyamory as righteous romantic relationships.
You can not say never because there was a lot of polygamy in Old Testament days. This was never His plan starting with Adam and Eve. Still He allows this and even told David he could have more wives if he wanted them. Only he was not entitled to Bathsheba because she belonged to another man.

Reactions: Dkh587
Upvote 0

StillGods

Aug 9, 2017
North Island
✟291,759.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
However it seems God places one man one women relationships on a high standing under the new covenant with elders in the church needing to be the husband of one wife. A man with more than one wife it seems is not deemed to be of a good enough standing in society to be an elder.

Upvote 0

Rubiks

proud libtard
Aug 14, 2012
United States
✟137,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'd argue that Jesus implicitly disapproved of polyamorous marriages based on Mark 10:11 (NRSV) He said to them, "Whoever divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery against her"

If multiple marriages are allowed, it would hard to justify remarriage as being de facto adultery. Instead, it would just be taking a second husband or wife.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Do you think its morally ok from a Christian standpoint to date 2 females at once being the both are ok with it of course. Would such a relationship be frowned upon in a Church.
A good rule of thumb is to put yourself in the position of the others..

Would you think it would be ok for a female to date you and another guy, at the same time....?

Upvote 0

Kit Sigmon

May 18, 2016
USA
✟76,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Do you think its morally ok from a Christian standpoint to date 2 females at once being the both are ok with it of course. Would such a relationship be frowned upon in a Church.

Me'nage 'a trois type relationships are birthed out of lust, coveting, immorality,
disrespect etc.

• Agree
Reactions: Someone5u8
Upvote 0

DreamerOfTheHeart

I Am What I Am
Jul 11, 2017
Houston
✟39,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Date, yes. Only if you sleep with neither of them.

• Agree
Reactions: Dave-W
Upvote 0

Uber Genius

"Super Genius"
Aug 13, 2016
Kentucky
✟56,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
As a "Christian Seeker," it would be more important to work out the question, "Are the central claims of Christianity true, if so how should I respond?" As opposed to surveying various practices and whether they are allowed. We don't want to choice our beliefs based on the consequences of those beliefs.

Upvote 0

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟77,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I never trust anyone who dates multiple people at once. Its offensive. I say this as someone who was in love with a woman who made it sound like we were dating. Turns out one day she said "Your really so amazing. Out of the 12 guys I'm dating right now your in the #1 spot!". Ugh. Not long after she broke up with me because I disliked just being a number on a list.

But thats just me opinion. Even in the dating phase you should just be dating one person at a time this way all your time/attention is on them Not split between people. Not to mention if the other person finds out your daying someone else, they will probably feel its cheating. Not in the biblical sense (at least when it comes to dating). But in general cheating.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Anto9us

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2013
Texas
✟95,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Date?

well, there were two super-Christian girls in college -- about two years apart -- yeah, date, like a basketball game, a dance (but not both of 'em on the same night!)

as far as this polyamorous relationships -- come on now -- that's silly.

Upvote 0

NeedyFollower

Feb 29, 2016
N Carolina
✟71,145.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Celibate
I like very much the quotes from the early church fathers that All4 Christ replied . One of the main problems I see in modern Christianity is that we are still " about self " and not the Glory of God . marriage is about God ..Not you . Are these women devout and holy ..looking to the return of Christ ? Or are they secular christians living for fun and the world ? Are they meek , modest in attitude and attire ? Do they seek to please God ? Have they been born the second time from above ? Are they still under the guidance of a father who cares for their chasity and that they would only marry a godly man ? The question may be a totally moot point. What is dating ?

• Agree
Reactions: All4Christ
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟379,348.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yes I was meaning simultaneously. Like being in an actually committed relationship with 2 females under the same roof.
No. 1 Timothy 3:1-13 tells us the qualifications for deacons and overseers. We should all strive to meet those high standards.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A beautiful young woman posted her photo and profile on an online dating site. In the following days she was contacted via dating site messaging by dozens of men. She narrowed down her list of interesting men and continued messaging to narrow her list of potential mates again. She went to meet the ones she was remained interested in. Eventually she decided upon one she wanted to continue with.

One source indicated a third of marriages start with online dating.

Upvote 0

MournfulWatcher

In the beginning was the Word.
Feb 15, 2016
United States
✟110,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Polyamorous implies all three of you engaging in romantic and/or sexual acts with one another, which is an orgy and fornication and homosexuality, all three of which are clearly prohibited by God.

If you mean polygamy, that is illegal and to disobey the law is a sin, not to mention that the ideal laid out by God is one man and one woman as one flesh. It's hard to be one flesh with multiple wives.

• Agree
Reactions: Someone5u8
Upvote 0