Visit site
✟1,019,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
In regards to the clarification given by the OP - Living under one roof in a committed relationship outside of marriage is a problem in Christian teachings even without a second person. I recommend avoiding living with your girlfriend - and definitively avoid living with two girlfriends. Wait until marriage (with one woman).

• Agree
Reactions: StillGods
Upvote 0
Mar 18, 2018
England
✟624.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Do you think its morally ok from a Christian standpoint to date 2 females at once being the both are ok with it of course. Would such a relationship be frowned upon in a Church.

The fact that you have asked this here, shows that your own conscience is not ok with it, and I doubt if the Lord is either.

Upvote 0

Ματθαίος

Nov 6, 2017
Καναδάς
✟19,030.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you think its morally ok from a Christian standpoint to date 2 females at once being the both are ok with it of course. Would such a relationship be frowned upon in a Church.

If it's open and honest, it's OK. Two, three, ten. Church will judge. Who cares, though? Church isn't God.

Upvote 0

tdidymas

Aug 28, 2014
Houston, TX
✟163,285.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The dictionary page defines as:
noting or relating to polyamory, the practice or condition of participating simultaneously in more than one serious romantic or sexual relationship with the knowledge and consent of all partners.

So I guess it begs the question (since you titled it "polyamorous") what is the nature of your dating relationship with these two women: is it serious romance and/or sexual?
TD:)

Upvote 0

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,147.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married

So long as you're not married, you can go out on dates with as many women as you like provided you are governed by a love for God, a love for people, and more specifically God's law.

Entailed in this would be principles like:
  1. All forms of sexual interaction outside of marriage are sinful.
  2. You should avoid all temptation to sexual immorality and anything unseemly.
  3. It would be sinful to mislead women, giving them an idea that you're interested in pursuing a romantic relationship leading toward marriage when you're not.
  4. If you have a romantic interest in a woman then you should get that relationship on course for marriage as soon as possible.
  5. As a brother in Christ, your main goal should be to love these women as sisters and help them grow in their knowledge of God and love for God.
If you can do all of those things while going on dates with multiple women then I don't see an inherent problem. Of course, I wouldn't really call this dating. I would just say that you have a lot of women friends who you like to spend time with in order to build them up as sisters.

Upvote 0

Ματθαίος

Nov 6, 2017
Καναδάς
✟19,030.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not a good idea, its not fair to the frmales even if they say theyre ok with it theyre not.

Well, if they agree to put up with a competitor, then he must be really desirable young man in their eyes and/or they are extremely confident people.

Upvote 0

*LILAC

Site Supporter
Jan 22, 2005
✟456,687.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wrong, wrong, wrong and so wrong. What kind of church are you even talking about?

• Agree
Upvote 0

StillGods

Aug 9, 2017
North Island
✟292,069.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well, if they agree to put up with a competitor, then he must be really desirable young man in their eyes and/or they are extremely confident people.

I would say theyre incredibly insecure to put themselves in such a situation.
And as such the op would be taking advantage of that which is not cool.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The traditional church would be against it......Whether or not it is wrong would depend on what you believe in your heart. I say, if you would be totally happy with a girl that you are dating to have a second Boyfriend.....you should be fine dating two girls.......If this is not ok....then to you, dating two girls is not ok...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ματθαίος

Nov 6, 2017
Καναδάς
✟19,030.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would say theyre incredibly insecure to put themselves in such a situation.
And as such the op would be taking advantage of that which is not cool.

Men are polygamous by their God-created nature. Thèse smart laides realize this fact and play along, instead of fighting. That way they increase their chances of "catching" the better "fish"

Upvote 0

StillGods

Aug 9, 2017
North Island
✟292,069.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Men are polygamous by their God-created nature. Thèse smart laides realize this fact and play along, instead of fighting. That way they increase their chances of "catching" the better "fish"

Men with the maturity to be monogomous (and there are many men who are faithful to one woman) are a way better catch.

Upvote 0

Ματθαίος

Nov 6, 2017
Καναδάς
✟19,030.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Men with the maturity to be monogomous (and there are many men who are faithful to one woman) are a way better catch.

Depends on what the ladies value. If physical attractiveness, ability to provide sexual satisfaction and large income are a priority, then polyamourous men are definitely the way to go by a huge margine.

Upvote 0

StillGods

Aug 9, 2017
North Island
✟292,069.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Depends on what the ladies value. If physical attractiveness, ability to provide sexual satisfaction and large income are a priority, then polygamists are definitely the way to go by a huge margine.

Those three values you mention are quite shallow. For a lot of women those wont be a drawcard.

• Winner
Reactions: Root of Jesse
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

StillGods

Aug 9, 2017
North Island
✟292,069.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And they'll regret it for the rest of their unhappy married lives.

Or not.
My parents, my happily married friends all in one man one women faithful marriages are very blessed. Its a beautiful thing.

• Winner
Reactions: Root of Jesse
Upvote 0

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟77,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you think its morally ok from a Christian standpoint to date 2 females at once being the both are ok with it of course.

No. It would be morally wrong. God never decreed polygamy or polyamory as righteous romantic relationships.

Moreover, whether or not the people involved in the relationships are ok with it or not is irrelevant. Morality is not defined by popular acceptance, but by the holy and perfectly righteous God alone.

• Agree
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dating is not ok at all. You should save yourself for your wife. People with multiple sex partners have less satisfaction in their marriage and a higher divorce rate.

Actually, a lot of things are frowned upon. I was missionary dating and I got my wife from the mission field and that is frowned upon in the Church. But I was self supporting and as far as I can remember no one has ever given me any money for my service to God.

• Informative
Reactions: Someone5u8
Upvote 0