Poll - will Joe Biden Debate Donald Trump on National TV?

Will Joe Biden Debate Trump on live TV?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,404.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
During all the debates? Amazing coincidence!
No - sorry you completely missed it - I was referring to the ONE debate Trump did not have with Biden during the LAST ELECTION

That was cancelled because Trump had Covid -

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Latest on the 2020 presidential campaign (all times local):​
6:35 p.m.​
The second presidential debate between President Donald Trump and Democrat Joe Biden is officially off.​
The nonpartisan Commission on Presidential Debates confirmed Friday that the Oct. 15 faceoff would be scrapped. The decision was made a day after the commission announced the debate would take place “virtually” because Trump had contracted the coronavirus.​

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
No - sorry you completely missed it - I was referring to the ONE debate Trump did not have with Biden during the LAST ELECTION

That was cancelled because Trump had Covid -

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Latest on the 2020 presidential campaign (all times local):​
6:35 p.m.​
The second presidential debate between President Donald Trump and Democrat Joe Biden is officially off.​
The nonpartisan Commission on Presidential Debates confirmed Friday that the Oct. 15 faceoff would be scrapped. The decision was made a day after the commission announced the debate would take place “virtually” because Trump had contracted the coronavirus.​
Im talking about Trumps recent decision to avoid the R primary debates with Haley, Desantis, etc. He bailed on all of them.

I have no problem with him doing that. As Ive noted many times before, these televised debates are idiotic, and no one should do them.

Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Simple poll:

Will Joe Biden Debate Trump on live TV?
It's not that simple. The question is framed oddly. Politically loaded actually.

Why is it framed "Will Joe Biden Debate Trump on live TV?"
Why not "Will Donald Trump debate Joe Biden on live TV?"
Why not "Will Joe Biden and Donald Trump debate on live TV?"

Quite frankly it is very odd if presidential candidates don't debate. It gives them an opportunity to promote the policies that they are campaigning on, and to hear, side by side the respective competing policies.

I thought it was very odd to have the Republican primary debates without D Trump. But, hey, he won the primaries, so it seems the Republican voters didn't want or need to hear him debate his policies.

Upvote 0

stevil

Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
What would be the point of a debate between Trump and Biden? Are you honestly on the fence between them or unfamiliar with either candidate and their platform?
It would be nice to hear each candidate talk through the details of their policies and be able to answer critical questions and to show why they believe their policy will be more successful than their candidates policies.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
.....It gives them an opportunity to promote the policies that they are campaigning on, and to hear, side by side the respective competing policies......
I disagree. They are mainly about grandstanding, gotcha questions, snarky one liners, bullying behavior, etc. More likely to muddy the waters than to reveal anything useful.

Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

stevil

Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The point is, Trump wants to debate now. How is that being dodgy?
Have you learned nothing?
Trump wanted to release his taxes but...
Trump was going to testify but...

It happens time and time again.
Trump says something with much bluster, and then when the time comes, he backs out.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,404.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's not that simple. The question is framed oddly. Politically loaded actually.

Why is it framed "Will Joe Biden Debate Trump on live TV?"
Why not "Will Donald Trump debate Joe Biden on live TV?"
Why not "Will Joe Biden and Donald Trump debate on live TV?"
Potato - potato

Phrase it how it most makes you comfortable the essence of the question is the same - it is simple until someone decides to read into a seven word sentence.

Upvote 0

stevil

Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I disagree. They are mainly about grandstanding, gotcha questions, snarky one liners, bullying behavior, etc.etc. More likely to muddy the waters than to reveal anything useful.
They have the opportunity to promote the policies that they are campaigning on, and to hear, side by side the respective competing policies

if instead any of them squanders that opportunity and uses that time to
"grandstanding, gotcha questions, snarky one liners, bullying behavior, etc.etc."

Then that is upto them. How they choose to present themselves.

There will be voters that want to hear about policies and there will be voters that want to hear snarky on liners.

This is their opportunity to reach out to the undecideds and to connect with them and show how a vote can improve their future.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

stevil

Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Potato - potato

Phrase it how it most makes you comfortable the essence of the question is the same - it is simple until someone decides to read into a seven word sentence.
But the way you phrase it is as if Joe Biden makes decisions and D Trump does not.
It seems very unfair on D Trump to make out that he just does what he is told. He is supposed to be a leader, one that makes decisions.

Upvote 0

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟66,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Haven't been keeping up with reality, huh? How many indictments does Joe have? Can you list current criminal cases against Joe? How many failed businesses? Bankruptcies? How many private meetings has he had with Putin? Any love letters to Kim Jung Ill from Biden? How many insurrections has he encouraged and fomented?

Get real.
Anyone who denies the reality of lawfare against Trump as well as the reality of the Biden crime/corruption family just has not been paying attention, IMO

Get real.

• Winner
Reactions: friend of
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
if instead any of them squanders that opportunity and uses that time to
"grandstanding, gotcha questions, snarky one liners, bullying behavior, etc.etc."
Thats not squandering their opportunity. Its making best advantage of it. Americans are moved by that kind of garbage behavior. I dont think we should indulge that appetite.

Upvote 0

stevil

Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Thats not squandering their opportunity. Its making best advantage of it. Americans are moved by that kind of garbage behavior. I dont think we should indulge that appetite.
Generally you'd have the moderator controlling the debate, ensure it is cordial and that the candidates are asked tough policy questions and are given the opportunity to answer them.

It Trump goes off on a rant about stolen election or windmills or Obama or Hilary or Haley then hopefully that nonsense is shut down.
But I guess it depends, perhaps the candidates get to agree with the ground rules that the moderator enforces.

Maybe Trump isn't interested in talking about policy and only wants to talk about greivances and dishout insults and nick names, but maybe that is what his followers want from him, they might get bored if he talks about policies, and maybe Trump thinks he will win over enough undecideds just by trash talking and whining about his never ending grievances.
Who knows. Upto them to decide the rules for the debate.

As I recall the first debate last time, moderated by Chris Wallace was a complete debacle, especially if you were interested in details of policy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I am not responsible for your perception of seven words.
Yes you are. You gave Biden the "active" position in your question. You may not be aware, but its how language works.

A neutral prashing would be like: "Will Biden and Trump debate on National TV?"

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,404.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's really difficult trying to talk politely and cordially to MAGAs.
Sorry - I am not MAGA - in fact Trump was (as I have stated repeatedly over the last seven years) He was not my first choice - but compared to Hillary - he was the only viable option -

Just like right now - he is not my first choice - but is head and shoulder above Biden - IMHO

Sorry if that bothers you or if you find it intolerable. Perhaps the ignore feature would be of help.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,404.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes you are. You gave Biden the "active" position in your question. You may not be aware, but its how language works.
I apologize profusely - I certainly didn't mean for such consternation over who gets mentioned first -

Is there a grammar police sight I can look at before I utter another seven word question that cause such horrible feelings?
A neutral prashing would be like: "Will Biden and Trump debate on National TV?"

That is defiantly better than the poll question:

Poll - will Joe Biden Debate Donald Trump on National TV?

WOW I can see the very marked difference between the syntax of the sentences - they are nowhere near the same

Thank you 1,000 times! Thank you for not protesting the phrase nor reporting me for such a grievous and horrible mistake.

in addition - should I have left Joe off also - because then it it the EXACT words, just in different order. I do not want to further offend.

Upvote 0