Poll: What is Scott Roeder guilty of?

What is Scott Roeder really guilty of in the Eyes of God?

• what he was convicted of

• justifiable homicide

• ridding the world of a serial killer

• other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EvangelicalChristian

What is your confession?
Aug 31, 2008
✟15,848.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Shane:

forget it. These people apparently couldn't care less what God thinks..

or (&/or) maybe thye have convinced themselves through extenseive rationalizing that God thinks precisely as they do.. the Bible be d-----ed.. the Church.. ditto

the bottom line is they do NOT see abortion as murder..

THAT is the problem here and nothing else..

My position based entirely upon what I believe "God thinks." In fact it is the reason that I not only oppose the abortions that Dr. Tiller provided (except in defense of a mother's life) and the murder that Scott Roeder committed.

Upvote 0

EvangelicalChristian

What is your confession?
Aug 31, 2008
✟15,848.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I would agree with this

but uh... Who exactly is this murderer we picked?? no comprendo

Oh... you mean Roeder..

(sigh)..

Do i have to spell out what the legal definition of murder is AGAIN?????!!!

Geeze...

Assuming he is not mentally ill Scott Roeder's actions are an example of the Legal definition of murder.

Upvote 0

sandwiches

Mas sabe el diablo por viejo que por diablo.
Jun 16, 2009
Dallas, Texas
✟22,030.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Murder is the unlawful killing of another with malice aforethought. What's your definition Loop?

That's what I'm wondering. She seems to think abortion is illegal while killing Tiller was not illegal.

Upvote 0

KIYX

Jul 18, 2010
✟9,824.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
some ppl want to have their cake and eat it too.. they want to appear to "loathe" abortion while at the same time contiuing to allow someone to do them
How many abortions have you stopped?

to them, a 20 yr old is more human than a 2 yr old

Can one of the real catholics check and see if lying is still considered a sin by the church?

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,563.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
...snip...
Can one of the real catholics check and see if lying is still considered a sin by the church?

Bible seems to think it's quite bad
Proverbs 12:22 said:
Lying lips [are] abomination to the LORD: but they that deal truly [are] his delight.
Though it does say lips(as in talking) but doesn't really mention fingers via typing. So that might be a loophole.

Upvote 0

KIYX

Jul 18, 2010
✟9,824.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I would agree with this

but uh... Who exactly is this murderer we picked?? no comprendo

Oh... you mean Roeder..

(sigh)..

Do i have to spell out what the legal definition of murder is AGAIN?????!!!

Geeze...

Well you could but you wouldn't understand it.

Upvote 0

KIYX

Jul 18, 2010
✟9,824.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Murder is the unlawful killing of another with malice aforethought. What's your definition Loop?

That's easy to Loop, murder is the killing of people she doesn't think should die.

See in her mind she's god, she's the one who gets to pick and choose who lives and dies.

It's a thing about pride.

Upvote 0
Oct 26, 2010
✟15,927.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Private
well, i understand..

Ted Bundy didn't kill anyone you love..

Nor did Tiller kill anyone YOU love. You need to try to be more consistent in your views. You are arguing for condemnation of one murderer and forgiveness for another. They are both murderers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KIYX

Jul 18, 2010
✟9,824.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Nor did Tiller kill anyone YOU love. You need to try to be more consistent in your views. You are arguing for condemnation of one murdered and forgiveness for another. They are both murderers.

There is a key difference.

One of those murderers is one she likes.

Upvote 0

outOftheLoop

Sep 13, 2010
USA
✟15,909.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
This simply isn't true. I don't want the Dr. Tiller's of the world to continue abortions (except in the earlier mentioned defense of a mother's life) any more than I want the Scott Roeder's of the world to continue to gun down unarmed people. I'm pretty sure that PreachersWife2004 feels the same way.

I'm going to ask you a simple question. Please tell me why the death of an unborn child is of any greater value than the life of Dr. Tiller?

already did - see Catholic Church teachings.. Post 705

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Skaloop

Agnostic atheist, pro-choice anti-abortion
May 10, 2006
Burnaby
Visit site
✟29,046.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-NDP
Upvote 0
Oct 26, 2010
✟15,927.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Private
many?? Yeah right..

not many here at this forum

some ppl want to have their cake and eat it too.. they want to appear to "loathe" abortion while at the same time contiuing to allow someone to do them - they want to appear to be pro-life but they only believe in life for those who are in.. well.. maybe their 340th trimester of life? (abortionist Tiller)

to them, a 20 yr old is more human than a 2 yr old

I believe that murder is wrong. Roeder murdered Tiller. What he did was wrong.

What's so hard about that? Here's another way to put it:

Roeder had no Biblical justification for murdering Tiller. None. Unless, of course, they were both covenanted Jews. In which case what Roeder did was still murder, but one could start to form some kind of Biblical defense.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

outOftheLoop

Sep 13, 2010
USA
✟15,909.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Therefore I see no rationale for accusing Roeder of being a simple vigilante and murderer. He is by far more innocent than the man he killed, and this sort of confusion and violence is in fact the result of America's schism on this issue. Millions of people cry out against the injustice of abortion, comparing it daily to murder, but then declare shock and disgust when someone does the only sensible thing and takes up arms to defend the innocent. I think the vast majority of people simply do not believe their own anti-abortion rhetoric. Indeed, many's the liberal I've seen in recent years condemning the anti-abortion camp for inspiring precisely this sort of violence, and pointing out the hypocrisy of declaring abortion to be like murder while denouncing anyone who acts violently to stop it. PETA is more vehement in its actions to preserve simple beasts than your typical anti-abortion activist is.

As for me, I will have to wait for a more viable revolutionary organization than the Montana Freemen, the Sovereign Citizen movement, or any of the abortion organizations I have seen, violent or nonviolent, before I throw myself fully into harms way, but I definitely support the use of organized resistance and even violence in the protection of children against late term abortions. It certainly seems self defeating though to go out and shoot someone without having the revolutionary structure in place to make it stick.

Brave, but foolish, I guess is my opinion of the man. Apparently also possibly mentally ill... Way to go healthcare system.

oh Geeze!! what a disappointment!!!! :doh:

i was totally into your post and loving it!! until you said this last thing about mental illness!!!

if nothing else you have to admit you are contradicting yourself terribly!!!!

if unborn children are being mutiliated / murdered... and someone kills that person who is murdering them - the ONLY way to stop him since the "law" won't.... How is THAT mental illness???????

all it is disrespect for an unjust law

Upvote 0

outOftheLoop

Sep 13, 2010
USA
✟15,909.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
has anyone watched Roeder's video?

he is far from insane..

As Shane said, he did about the only thing that could be done.. since the law wasn't doing anything and no other pro-lifer (so called...) was doing much of anything (not saying all pro-lifers are doing nothing)..

ppl whine about how abortion is murder but not many of us ACT like it realy is..

certainly not many here @ this forum!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.