Poll: What is Scott Roeder guilty of?

What is Scott Roeder really guilty of in the Eyes of God?

• what he was convicted of

• justifiable homicide

• ridding the world of a serial killer

• other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟374,249.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
He was convicted of one count of 1st Degree murder for the killing of George Tiller, and two counts of aggravated assault for threatening two other people in the church with a firearm. Which is exactly what he did. He planned for some time to kill the doctor, so I'd say he definitely is a pre-meditated murderer. And he might also be called a domestic terrorist.

Upvote 0

Gracchus

Senior Veteran
Dec 21, 2002
California
Visit site
✟23,182.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't know how he stands in the "eyes of God". I don't know which god is looking. Thor? Tammuz? Huitzecatalopetl? Is it the one who saved neither the "babies" nor Dr. Tiller?

I guess that any god is powerful enough to handle Mr. Roeder without my input, and doubtless will, without my help. Maybe, if it is the Christian God, Scott Roeder will have a place of honor at the divine tea party, right next to saints Adolph Eichmann, Jim Jones, David Koresh, and Jack the Ripper.

:wave:

Upvote 0

SithDoughnut

The Agnostic, Ignostic, Apatheistic Atheist
Jan 2, 2010
The Death Starbucks
✟18,474.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Last time I checked, intentionally killing someone illegally is defined as murder. So that is what he is guilty of. I'm not entirely sure what the distinctions between degrees of murder is in the US, but I think that first degree murder covers what he did, as it was premeditated and intentional.

Upvote 0

PreachersWife2004

by his wounds we are healed
Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Just because he killed someone who killed unborn babies doesn't mean he's guilty of any less himself. Roeder killed, it was wrong, and he's guilty.

Only TV makes vigilantism a la Dexter seem cool.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Aug 24, 2008
✟18,742.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
You must be way freaked out by Islam then...

While there is not a single religion in the world that doesn't cause me that same concern, Islam is definitely a major worry, naturally.

I think the problem, though, is not as much the religions as it is the people themselves - I get the feeling that the abortion doctor killer or the suicide bomber, had their places been swapped at birth and grown up in the other religion, would probably end up following a similar paths.

Upvote 0

Gracchus

Senior Veteran
Dec 21, 2002
California
Visit site
✟23,182.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Who picked 'other'?
I picked "other" because the question didn't specify which god was looking at Scott Roeder and it is very problematic to discuss the opinions of an unspecified deity.

ETA: In fact it can be next to impossible to discern the opinions of a specified deity.

:wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Monarchist

Aug 13, 2007
South
✟8,770.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
wait up. Christianity doesnt condone murder. If he is a Christian then his beliefs dont allow murder and he knew that.
The position you take is unfair and to judge the man is wrong
Obviously Mr Rueder murdered somebody because he felt that a crime was being commited and his hands were tied in relation to helping
You on the other hand flippantly ignore children who have their lives taken in the womb, probably not only ignore it but support it
You moraly judge Mr Rhodes based on what, your beliefs based on what?
Rhodes has killed and I can understand why he did what he did and I can not find it in myself to condemn him
In another time another place he could have been a hero

Yeah I believe he rid the world of a serial killer but that doesnt make it right
Happy

Two crimes have been commited

Upvote 0

Monarchist

Aug 13, 2007
South
✟8,770.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In the eyes of which god is a good question. Would the OP happen to be referring to the one who murdered every firstborn son in Egypt (Exodus 11)? Regardless, in my eyes, Roeder's guilty of murder as convicted.

God doesnt murder anybody he doesnt need to
He is the creator

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.