Poll shows Republicans think Trump is a "man of faith," more than other Republicans

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"More than half of Republicans see former President Donald Trump as a person of faith, putting him ahead of more vocally religious figures like his former vice president, Mike Pence, according to a new national poll conducted by HarrisX for the Deseret News.

"Registered voters were asked whether they considered a list of political figures people of faith. Trump rose to the top of the list for Republicans, while President Joe Biden topped the list for Democrats. Among independents, Sen. Mitt Romney was most likely to be chosen as a person of faith." link

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I have been taken to task for noting that some of Donalds ardent believers have what I perceive to be a disconnect from reality. This is exactly what I'm talking about (along with him being physically fit and possessed of a powerful intellect).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Say it aint so

Jun 19, 2020
Seattle
✟118,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
But then again, those same faith Republicans think the words of Jesus are just liberal taking points. (Christianity Today)
It's not a group that adheres to the teachings of Jesus.
For them Jesus is to their faith as Ronald McDonald is to McDonald's.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,504.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
But then again, those same faith Republicans think the words of Jesus are just liberal taking points. (Christianity Today)
It's not a group that adheres to the teachings of Jesus.
For them Jesus is to their faith as Ronald McDonald is to McDonald's.
By their fruit you shall know them.

Upvote 0

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟122,067.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
Maybe he is ….I don’t know ….that is between him and God.

I don’t vote for someone based on what I presume their faith is or even what they say ….and for that matter ….the mean tweets (or X’s) or his past means very little to me.

The one thing I do know is... he loves America maybe even more than he loves himself. He has proven that this country comes first, our rights are upheld, and he does what he says he is going to do when it comes to the prosperity and nourishment of all people in this country; except for the woke ding-dongs and the far-left excavators who are trying to undermine this country at every turn.

And although he will never be able to expose it entirely ….shining a light on the political corruption that has permeated every facet of our national government (both sides of the aisles) will be a bonus when he gets into office again.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
-
This really is more of a reflection of American's misunderstanding of faith in The Biblical sense. Run a pole and ask how many believe Trump has received God's free gift of Eternal Life and is a born again child of God. Most people would be clueless about that.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,449.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
That seems really odd since he's not a known church goer or really uses the language of faith except in very specific circumstances. It's especially strange with Mike Pence in the same list considering how open he is about his own faith.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,657.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The one thing I do know is... he loves America maybe even more than he loves himself. He has proven that this country comes first, our rights are upheld, and he does what he says he is going to do
LOL.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,282.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
The one thing I do know is... he loves America maybe even more than he loves himself. He has proven that this country comes first, our rights are upheld, and he does what he says he is going to do when it comes to the prosperity and nourishment of all people in this country; except for the woke ding-dongs and the far-left excavators who are trying to undermine this country at every turn.
It has been alleged in a court that Mister Trump [loves America so much] that he broke laws in a vain attempt to hold onto the Presidency.
What. A. Guy.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"More than half of Republicans see former President Donald Trump as a person of faith, putting him ahead of more vocally religious figures like his former vice president, Mike Pence, according to a new national poll conducted by HarrisX for the Deseret News.

"Registered voters were asked whether they considered a list of political figures people of faith. Trump rose to the top of the list for Republicans, while President Joe Biden topped the list for Democrats. Among independents, Sen. Mitt Romney was most likely to be chosen as a person of faith." link
Deception is running it's course but not all are decieved. Blessings.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The one thing I do know is... he loves America maybe even more than he loves himself.
Oh really? This should be interesting.
He has proven that this country comes first, our rights are upheld, and he does what he says he is going to do when it comes to the prosperity and nourishment of all people in this country; except for the woke ding-dongs and the far-left excavators who are trying to undermine this country at every turn.
Vapid blather. How about specifics?
And although he will never be able to expose it entirely ….shining a light on the political corruption that has permeated every facet of our national government (both sides of the aisles) will be a bonus when he gets into office again.
When did that happen?

Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟177,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Yeah, I think I agree with this. I made a comment here on the forum about Trump not being a Christian and I believe I got 3 atheists who gave me an "agree" and no Christians.

I do think that it's really hard to call Trump a Christian after he says he wouldn't even sign a 16-week abortion ban. Make of that what you will, but I think it's an excellent way to see the real trump.

• Agree
Reactions: Sketcher
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Trump has created a cult of personality, where loyal followers will happily believe whatever they want about him, as long as it is convenient.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Say it aint so

Jun 19, 2020
Seattle
✟118,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, I think I agree with this. I made a comment here on the forum about Trump not being a Christian and I believe I got 3 atheists who gave me an "agree" and no Christians.

I do think that it's really hard to call Trump a Christian after he says he wouldn't even sign a 16-week abortion ban. Make of that what you will, but I think it's an excellent way to see the real trump.
I am not quite sure how one can claim to be Christian but deny the main Christian tenet that man is not perfect and only through Jesus those imperfections are atoned through the blood Jesus. Trump has said point blank he has nothing to atone for. He's a con, and certainly could not sit there and cite what the death of Jesus even meant.

Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟177,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I am not quite sure how one can claim to be Christian but deny the main Christian tenet that man is not perfect and only through Jesus those imperfections are atoned through the blood Jesus. Trump has said point blank he has nothing to atone for. He's a con, and certainly could not sit there and site what the death of Jesus even meant.

He's not stupid if that is what you are implying. He's very smart. It's his character that is foul.

• Agree
Reactions: Sketcher
Upvote 0

Say it aint so

Jun 19, 2020
Seattle
✟118,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
He's not stupid if that is what you are implying. He's very smart. It's his character that is foul.
I stated my implication, "He's a con," and actually he's not smart enough to know he's not smart at all.

Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟824,256.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have been taken to task for noting that some of Donalds ardent believers have what I perceive to be a disconnect from reality. This is exactly what I'm talking about (along with him being physically fit and possessed of a powerful intellect

Interesting! On a visit to Madam Tussauds in London I was made aware that Trump was roughly the same height as me and later I found out he was the same weight. But I am much slimmer than him in the photos. It makes me conclude that he is all fat and I am more muscle since muscle weighs three times as much as fat and does not need to flesh out as much as Trump's belly etc.

Regarding Trump's Christianity, he did appoint judges, who are also very pro-guns, that called Roe v Wade into question, but his lifestyle and his marital history do seem to conflict with the view that he is a practicing Christian. He stands up for Christian freedoms and waves Bibles at people. Only God can judge whether he is actually a Christian. His most concerning comment was when he suggested he had never asked for forgiveness and also his in-practice cynicism about Christians. He seems to connect with the business side of the church quite intuitively and prosperity-gospel-type Christian leaders. The notion of churches as corporate enterprises is a very American thing but deeply disturbing from a global-historical Christian perspective. His policies favor the rich and winners and lack compassion or a real sense of justice, truth and righteousness.

Trump's intelligence is somewhat of a personal obsession though he does not submit to external examination of IQ scores and asserts his superior intellect more than he proves it. His IQ is probably in the top quartal of American presidents but that is just best-guessing consensus. There is a disconnect between IQ, EQ and wisdom. Trump has a gift for connecting to crowds and also for character assassination of opponents. This gifting seems to influence his decision-making as he changes his mind about issues regularly, going with what works. He also lies more than any other major political figure (according to fact-checkers.) He may surround himself with intelligent people but tends to fire them the moment they are perceived as disloyal to him personally. On a geo-strategic level, some of Trump's decisions look foolish, especially the ways in which he has sabotaged the international set of alliances which the US dominates and benefits from. Also, true wisdom has a Godward focus, not a money focus which is Trump's real preference.

Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0