Poll: Should Democrats follow Hillary Clinton and Abandon Civility?

Should Democrats follow Hillary Clinton and Abandon Civility?

• Total voters

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Sadly, nearly 30% of respondents now believe Democrats are under no obligation to be civil. :(
That's too bad. "Bible-hating, Christ-denying commies" who "hate America" and "love to kill babies" have no reason not to be civil.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
You tell me.

Don't mind if I do... (Awfully civil of you to make the post results public, btw... helpful, too)

Of the five people who have thus far answered "yes" to abandoning civility, only one self-identifies as a Democrat, three specifically align themselves with other political parties, and one doesn't have any political affiliation in his profile, but I don't recall ever seeing any agreement or solidarity with the Democrat party in his posts.

So, from 30% of respondents, we've dropped down to about 5% who are actual Democrats...

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
So, from 30% of respondents, we've dropped down to about 5% who are actual Democrats...
Is that new math?

Of that 30%, 20% are confirmed Democrats. It's not obvious to me that most of the others vote other than Democrat, although I'd suspect that one of them does vote other than Democrat. Looks like something in the range of 20% to 80% of those approving of incivility vote Democrat.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Is that new math?

Of that 30%, 20% are confirmed Democrats. It's not obvious to me that most of the others vote other than Democrat, although I'd suspect that one of them does vote other than Democrat. Looks like something in the range of 20% to 80% of those approving of incivility vote Democrat.

5% of the total votes are actually Democrats who say that Democrats should stop being civil. 1 out of 19.

Never mind "new math," try any math.... with more checking political affiliation on their profiles, and less irrelevant "suspecting."

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
5% of the total votes are actually Democrats who say that Democrats should stop being civil. 1 out of 19.

Never mind "new math," try any math.... with more checking political affiliation on their profiles, and less irrelevant "suspecting."
Understood. Did you not expect to get called out on your incorrect statistics?

You should have clarified the claim in your earlier post ... instead of using the numbers incorrectly in hopes of obtaining temporary political advantage. Jus' sayin ...

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Understood. Did you not expect to get called out on your incorrect statistics?

I wasn't expecting to be called out on my correct ones... although in our post-truth society, I probably should have.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Perhaps you should be more accurate in your postings then ...

1 out of 19 = approximately 5.3% are Democrats who say that Democrats should stop being civil.

I can only be as accurate as you're willing to accept.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
1 out of 19 = approximately 5.3% are Democrats who say that Democrats should stop being civil.

I can only be as accurate as you're willing to accept.
Thanks for providing that accurate clarification. :oldthumbsup:

Regardless, 20% of those who voted in support of Hillary's statement, are known Democrats ... and the percentage of those who vote Democrat may be as high as 80%.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Thanks for providing that accurate clarification. :oldthumbsup:

Regardless, 20% of those who voted in support of Hillary's statement, are known Democrats ... and the percentage of those who vote Democrat may be as high as 80%.

And we have 60% of those who want the Democrats to abandon civility who aren't even Democrats.... why?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums