Pelihat

Oct 9, 2016
Indonesia
✟24,028.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
A police woman from Binjai, Indonesia, disallowed to adopt a baby because of her faith.

Aipda Rouli Ida Maharani Hutagaol occasionally sobbed. Policewoman who was in Binjai Police was very sad to think of a baby one month that can not be adopted.

"I want to adopt because I want to help this child, the instinct of no religion and race there is no religion," he said when contacted by BBC Indonesia by phone.

Female police in Binjai can not find a baby found in Pasar Sepuluh Tanjungjati, Binjai District, North Sumatra, because it stumbled Government Regulation No.54 of 2007.

Despite more than three weeks of receiving a letter of rejection of an adoption application, Ida is still hoping that there are other considerations that will enable her to continue adopting the baby.

After being found by the residents on August 28, the baby boy was admitted to Dr. R. Djoelham.

Request for adoption

When the baby was still admitted to the hospital, Ida began applying to adopt the baby to the Binjai District Social Service.

"I make a request, I follow all the requirements: KTP, marriage certificate, paycheck and psychological test," he said.

"Already declared a gift certificate of inheritance because I was asked to complete it I think there is a way there is hope," he added.

After two weeks, Ida never get the news until finally contact the social service on 19 September.

Social services said, the application of its adoption was rejected due to hampered Government Regulation no. 54 of 2007.

In paragraph (1) of Article 3 of the rule, it is mentioned that the prospective adoptive parents shall be in accordance with the religion adopted by the adopted child, while paragraph (2) mentions that in the case of the origin of the child is unknown, the child's religion shall be adjusted to the religion of the majority of the local population .

According to the rules, the tiny baby was determined to be Muslim according to the religion of the majority of the residents at the location where the baby was found.

"I am quite sad to receive this reply letter, but I have to submit to government regulations," he said.

Source : __Pilu Hati Aipda Rouli Tak Bisa Adopsi Bayi yang Dibuang karena Terganjal Peraturan - Kompas.com

• Informative
Reactions: redleghunter

samir

Dec 9, 2015
us
✟18,067.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Sorry, if it is wrong subsection. Please move it to correct subsection.

No need to apologize. I was just expressing an opinion although I understand how it could be considered persecution since they went through the process and found out later they couldn't adopt because they were Christians.

Upvote 0