Police pepper spray and arrest peaceful march to the polls attendees in North Carolina

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Police pepper spray and arrest peaceful march to the polls attendees in North Carolina
The voters came in black sweatshirts emblazoned with the mantra of the late Georgia congressman and civil rights icon John Lewis, who celebrated "good trouble."

Fists and iPhones raised, they chanted “Black lives matter” and promised “power to the people,” as they made their way from a Black church to the base of a monument to a Confederate soldier. In its shadow, they paused for 8 minutes and 46 seconds, honoring George Floyd, the Black man killed by a Minneapolis police officer who knelt on his neck for what was later determined to be 7 minutes and 46 seconds.

The participants in Saturday’s “I Am Change” march had intended to conclude at an early-voting site to emphasize turnout in the final days of the presidential campaign. Those plans were thrown into disarray when law-enforcement officers in riot gear and gas masks insisted demonstrators move off the street and clear county property, despite a permit authorizing their presence.

This is what happened in 1963...
NKDYTBA4QMI6XEG5VPIPOCDKSE.jpg

This is what happens in 2020...
CCNRCVKOHHCW2ZJEA3NHRFI3TM.jpg

Oh wait, did I accidentally flip those images? I can't tell the difference sometimes.

• Winner
Reactions: Paulos23

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
You must not have been informed. Anyone who believes the lives of black people matter is a terrorist. If you are peacefully protesting with a permit, you are actually looting.

Standing around a voting booth with your buddies holding AK47s is fine as long as a Confederate flag is visible.

~Warning, sarcasm has been effectuated in the making of this post for comedic afterclap. :hug:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Aug 1, 2010
✟55,547.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
They should have dressed like the Trump supporters that were stopping traffic in New Jersey. In that case the police would have treated them much better

Sarcasm aside this is disgusting to see. I am tired of seeing minorities treated like they are a less valuable human then I am. The Lord i serve says we are all made in Gods image. He doesnt say that any one race is superior

On the other hand, knowing the bible it would be foolish of me to believe that humans would be treated fairly in an unjust world. Such a thing has never happened

All i can do is treat the oppressed with much love, pray for them and never stay silent when someone makes a racist comment and expects me to agree

Upvote 0