Pls Pray: Mom's recovery, chemo, stem cell. (40% chance). Zero white blood cells. PRAYER REPORT!!!!

Missy08

Jul 23, 2017
Toronto
✟21,951.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
9/8/17 ***UPDATE***

Last Thursday, August 31st, she was sent to the recovery lodge (Praise God!) and everything has been looking up.

She is 100% over the virus she came down with and her white blood cell count has now stabilized around 8.6 which is exactly where it should be. Praise God!!

Her appetite, nausea and the fluid retention are what she's currently struggling with.

I have added a more detailed update post to this thread.

I will continue to update this thread as I'm updated.

Thank you SO much for your continued support and prayers - you guys are awesome!

God bless,
Missy
------------------------------

8/27/17 ***PRAYER REPORT - PRAISE GOD!***

I wanted to thank and update everyone who has been praying for Judy - she's doing very well.

The doctors and nurses are very surprised at how fast things have been moving throughout this entire procedure recovery wise. We all attribute it to the Lord's hand being on her without question.

She wasn't doing too well and had been told her body had to start producing white blood cells because she literally had none. Then she came down with a virus and it was very serious and could have become fatal because her immune system was bottomed out due to the chemo, radiation and all the medications.

Around two days after I had posted the prayer request for white blood cells on this forum - her body started producing white blood cells. They were shocked it happened so quickly and early.

She is WAY ahead of schedule recovery wise and numbers wise.

A normal white blood cell count is between 4.5 (4500 white cells) and 11.0 (11,000 cells)

It went from 0 to 0.3 (300 cells) two days after I had posted the prayer request here:
to 3.6 (3600 cells) the following day,
to 6.5 (6500 cells) the next
to 11.7 (11,700 cells) the next
and stabilized at 15.7 (15,700 cells) which is normal because of her body fighting off the virus.

Her body is fighting out the virus. Her appetite has come back fully and her strength is returning.

She was told that because even though her brother was a perfect match for her stem cell donor wise, which was a miracle in itself, because he wasn't the same blood type it would take approximately a full year before her hemoglobin would raise to a normal level. Hemoglobin makes you feel good and carries oxygen through your blood throughout your body.

Her hemoglobin within two days went from bottomed out to 41 to 87, normal range for her is 120. She's more than 2/3's there. Praise God!

She was told with smiles from the staff that her stem cells were grafted. Which means her body began accepting them. (was 40% chance)

They made the statement that this never happens this quickly. Her cells are making more of a comeback than they ever see because even though the procedure is done, she's still going through rounds of medications and tiny shots of chemo to ensure everything's gone - it's extremely early for this type of recovery to be happening.

Two of her four doctors are now finished with her because of her tremendous recovery. They had originally told her whatever she's doing to keep it up because it's working - she told them it's God's hand being on everything and attributed it to all the prayer that's been going on for her. There's a testimony there in all of this for them too. Two of her nurses told her privately that they aren't allowed to talk about their faith but opened up to her that they're Christian.

The staff has been amazing to her and the family and she's been in great hands.

We were just informed that due to her fantastic recovery and her numbers being as good as they are, and she has a good chance of going to the recovery lodge. Which is a short distance to the hospital where she's going to be recovering, but free to go outside and become active again, but will have to go to the hospital every day or two for a quick checkup for approximately two months.

If everything continues - she'll be home before the end of November.

She thanks you sincerely from the bottom of her heart as does the family.

Thank you so very much to those who have stood with us in prayer - I will continue to update.

God bless,
Missy

8/23/17

We were just informed that Judy has come down with a virus. Any sickness at this point can be fatal. Requesting prayer if you have the time!!

Thank you so much!
Missy

8/20/17

We just heard today that one of the doctors overseeing Judy has said that her body needs to start producing white blood cells, that she needs at the very least ONE, but is currently at ZERO.

We would extremely appreciate prayer that her body starts producing white blood cells for her recovery.

God bless,
Missy

8/17/17

Thank you all for your amazing support!

Judy had the stem cell procedure done and is now awaiting testing at the end of (supposedly) next week to see whether or not her body is going to accept it.

Please pray her body accepts it (they gave her a 40-50% chance), otherwise there's no chance of recovery.

Thank you & God bless!

Missy

Hello, new member here!

I am requesting prayer from all my fellow prayer warriors: PLEASE pray for Judy (my mom)!

My immediate family is in the Christian faith and we have seen the Lord's hand perform many miracles even within our own family.

A few quick prayer reports to get your faith stirred:

Mom:
When my grandmother was pregnant with my mom the doctors and nurses suggested to her to have an abortion because the baby was going to be born with Spina Bifida. They had told her the child was going to go through a lot of pain even just growing up and had given her a "lifespan estimate" of under 30 years.

My grandmother refused and sure enough my mom was born with Spina Bifida. She suffered for years with pain where she could barely stand and had a lot of walking problems throughout her childhood. Not really able to do much without having to sit on the sidelines a lot and watching everyone else.

Around age 22 my mom came to Christ and fed up with her pain, cried out to God and had those around her in her church pray for her. That night changed everything for her - she was healed entirely of her pain, walking issues, and has more than doubled her "lifespan estimate", now being 64.

My parents wanted to have children and every baby delivery doctor she went to suggested against her having children, not only for her own health reasons but because her children are extremely likely to suffer from spina bifida as well. She found a Christian doctor who told her if she believes God wants her to have children, to pray, and do so. I have three older siblings and all four of us have absolutely no health problems whatsoever.

Dad:
My dad was born with epilepsy and suffered from seizures throughout his life from a young age. Him having a driver's license was ruled out early on and it was understood he would never drive. He was on heavy medications to keep his seizures under control and but still suffered a lot from them and side effects of the medication.

My father meets my mother and becomes a Christian. There was a service going on at their church and my dad was prayed for - and was healed immediately of his epilepsy. He felt different and went to his doctor (who is not a Christian and was very confused) and was given the clear to stop taking the medication. He has had no signs of ever having epilepsy and just retired from driving for a living for a trucking company of 38 years.

Uncle:
My uncle was having a lot of problems concentrating and was just overall not doing well. He went in for a lot of tests and they couldn't figure out what the problem was until finally they came to realize he had a tumor growing inside his skull on his brain. They informed him it was too big and too dangerous to operate on. He was given up to 6 months to live at the time.

Our family came together and prayed for him. After weeks of him constantly going back so they could monitor his tumor growing (and it was) - he goes in after all the prayer - the tumor vanished. Literally vanished. They had no words to say about it except, whatever he's doing to keep it up. Even though this happened he's not a believer - but he was definitely healed.

Prayer request:
In a very high amount of cases where someone comes down with lymphoma they're gone within a few years. Judy (my mom) had been told it was extremely likely she would be taken by the cancer within a maximum of 5 years - well, it's been 8. (Praise God!)

After so many different medications and different forms of chemo - none of them were working. She had been told if she's able to be healthy enough to recover - she's a candidate for stem cell replacement. This is an absolute last resort because it only works 40-50% of the time.

What they do is kill off all cancer cells with heavy doses of chemo over several days and then take a matched donor's cells and introduce them into her immune system and if her body doesn't react negatively and accepts the cells as her own - she begins to develop a brand new immune system. They know within 2 hours whether or not her body has accepted it. If it doesn't accept it, her body starts attacking itself and she's gone.

Praise God her one brother is a match for her and he is going to be there during the whole procedure as the donor, otherwise it would've taken months or longer to find a matched donor anywhere even remotely close.

Her body wasn't taking to any of the medication over the last 8 years but was told about a medication that was her very last resort and they held off all this time because of the side effects AND it only has a 30% success rate. Well, to their surprise - thank you Lord, it's working!

She is now booked to go in for August 3rd for heavy doses of chemo until August 9th, when they're doing the stem cell procedure. Times of the procedure are at the top of this post in red.

As your sibling in Christ, I ask that you please pray that the procedure will be a success that she may continue to be a walking and talking miracle who always gives God the glory. Please pray for us, her husband, her children, her grand children, and the rest of our family that we do not fall off course but continue walking in Him regardless the outcome.

May God fulfill His will and not ours - that His master plan unfolds exactly as He desires even if this means He calls her home.

The Lord's hand has been at work throughout this entire ordeal and she has already beaten the odds so many times. She was healed of her pain that she was told she'd have for life, she's outlived the age by more than double what the doctors had predicted before she was born, she had four children who did not have any health problems passed down to them, she has outlived the age by almost double what people with lymphoma do, she was given the very last resort medication that had a 30% success rate and it succeeded, and lastly, I would LOVE to come back to report that with God and your prayers, she now beat another 40% success rate AND recovered from the chemo.

I truly hope it's more than wishful thinking but I do get the feeling the reason He allowed the very last resort medication (30% success rate) succeed then to bring her through this was so there's no doubt it was Him all along, with her repeatedly beating the odds.

Thank you for your time in reading this, those of you that have. Whether you pray for us or just simply skimmed through this - I'm praying for you that you may walk in Him for eternity and bear much fruit throughout your life walking in the Spirit.

God bless!

Last edited:

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
If you're mom beat the odds many times before, I'm sure she will again. :) Hoping everything goes well and she gets healed!

Also, I recommend you look into natural cancer cures. Every bit of advice helps! :)

Upvote 0

Galilee63

Dec 14, 2013
Australia
✟43,924.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hi Missy
I loved reading your post about your beautiful family and Jesus God Holy Spirits most Merciful Healings by our Lord Jesus of your Mother and Father Uncle and Family with all of The Glory Yours our Blessed Holy Sacred Trinity God our Heavenly Father

I will include Judy in Jesus Gods Holy Wound Chaplet immersing Judy's heart and soul and illness sufferings in Jesus Holy Sacred Wounds and immersing Judy's Heart soul and illness in our Blessed Virgin Mother Mary's Holy Immaculate

For 6 years Jesus God Holy Spirit and my Heavenly Mother Mary have heard and answered every one of Gods Holy Divine Mercy Chaplets The Most Holy Rosary and Jesus Holy Wound Chaplets immersing so many hearts and souls and illnesses sufferings in Jesus Ocean of Mercy Blessed Holy Sacred Wounds and in our Blessed Virgin Mother Mary's Holy Immaculate Heart Healing so many people too that I know of including our dog yesterday Missy after immersing His Heart and soul in our Lord Jesus Holy Sacred Wounds and I will be thanking Jesus again from my heart prior to sleep

Jesus never has to give us His Divine Mercy yet every time Jesus does in His Love of which many of have taken for granted in the past and not stopped to think of all Gods Loving Holy Blessings Holy Gifts and Holy Graces when its us whom owe Jesus Christ our Love in our hearts everything now and eternally yet many souls lost to Jesus for having ignored Him and for being ungrateful and not repenting sins to Him from hearts in remorse

Your family are not only Lovingly grateful to Jesus God Holy Spirit they are Gods Apostolates Followers and Shepherds of whom God had most obviously loved and Blessed over many years Missy with Holy Spirit illuminating their hearts in Holy Discernment

Upvote 0

PeacefulHope

God is our refuge and strength
Jun 22, 2017
-
✟24,879.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What incredible testimony! I have prayed fervently for you and your family, and will be keeping you all in my prayers. Praise the Lord! Praise the Son! How truly miraculous and incredible His mercy and grace is! I hope your Mother be blessed again, in Jesus Christ our King's wonderful name. :prayer::heart: May God richly bless you!

Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
PRAYING and thank God for you having FAITH
WELCOME TO CF :wave:
8d2d92721535abf0778f936a9482ac77.jpg

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I will be including Judy in prayers today, meanwhile I've lifted her up once already that her situation is before the Lord.
There is indeed power in the name of Jesus Christ !

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My Father in heaven, as I come to You before YOU--the great Healer of Your created bodies-- I lift up our sister in Your Son before You and ask that once again you touch her and her family. I rebuke the evil one's hold over her and in the name of Jesus through His blood and power call healing forth. Father show her Your will for a healthy, clear of cancer that is in her, give her wisdom and faith for faith IS! ONLY YOU Papa can do this. Let her see her body as clear, let her mind be focussed upon this and Your power. I ask in Jesus' name and His power. AMEN.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Hello, new member here!

I am requesting prayer from all my fellow prayer warriors: PLEASE pray for Judy (my mom)!

My immediate family is in the Christian faith and we have seen the Lord's hand perform many miracles even within our own family.

Mom:
When my grandmother was pregnant with my mom the doctors and nurses suggested to her to have an abortion because the baby was going to be born with Spina Bifida. They had told her the child was going to go through a lot of pain even just growing up and had given her a "lifespan estimate" of under 30 years.

My grandmother refused and sure enough my mom was born with Spina Bifida. She suffered for years with pain where she could barely stand and had a lot of walking problems throughout her childhood. Not really able to do much without having to sit on the sidelines a lot and watching everyone else.

Around age 22 my mom came to Christ and fed up with her pain, cried out to God and had those around her in her church pray for her. That night changed everything for her - she was healed entirely of her pain, walking issues, and has more than doubled her "lifespan estimate", now being 64.

My parents wanted to have children and every baby delivery doctor she went to suggested against her having children, not only for her own health reasons but because her children are extremely likely to suffer from spina bifida as well. She found a Christian doctor who told her if she believes God wants her to have children, to pray, and do so. I have three older siblings and all four of us have absolutely no health problems whatsoever.

Dad:
My dad was born with epilepsy and suffered from seizures throughout his life from a young age. Him having a driver's license was ruled out early on and it was understood he would never drive. He was on heavy medications to keep his seizures under control and but still suffered a lot from them and side effects of the medication.

My father meets my mother and becomes a Christian. There was a service going on at their church and my dad was prayed for - and was healed immediately of his epilepsy. He felt different and went to his doctor (who is not a Christian and was very confused) and was given the clear to stop taking the medication. He has had no signs of ever having epilepsy and just retired from driving for a living for a trucking company of 38 years.

Uncle:
My uncle was having a lot of problems concentrating and was just overall not doing well. He went in for a lot of tests and they couldn't figure out what the problem was until finally they came to realize he had a tumor growing inside his skull on his brain. They informed him it was too big and too dangerous to operate on. He was given up to 6 months to live at the time.

Our family came together and prayed for him. After weeks of him constantly going back so they could monitor his tumor growing (and it was) - he goes in after all the prayer - the tumor vanished. Literally vanished. They had no words to say about it except, whatever he's doing to keep it up. Even though this happened he's not a believer - but he was definitely healed.

Prayer request:
In a very high amount of cases where someone comes down with lymphoma they're gone within a few years. Judy (my mom) had been told it was extremely likely she would be taken by the cancer within a maximum of 5 years - well, it's been 8. (Praise God!)

After so many different medications and different forms of chemo - none of them were working. She had been told if she's able to be healthy enough to recover - she's a candidate for stem cell replacement. This is an absolute last resort because it only works 40-50% of the time.

What they do is kill off all cancer cells with heavy doses of chemo over several days and then take a matched donor's cells and introduce them into her immune system and if her body doesn't react negatively and accepts the cells as her own - she begins to develop a brand new immune system. They know within 2 hours whether or not her body has accepted it. If it doesn't accept it, her body starts attacking itself and she's gone.

Praise God her one brother is a match for her and he is going to be there during the whole procedure as the donor, otherwise it would've taken months or longer to find a matched donor anywhere even remotely close.

Her body wasn't taking to any of the medication over the last 8 years but was told about a medication that was her very last resort and they held off all this time because of the side effects AND it only has a 30% success rate. Well, to their surprise - thank you Lord, it's working!

She is now booked to go in for August 3rd for heavy doses of chemo until August 8th, when they're doing the stem cell procedure.

As your sibling in Christ, I ask that you please pray that the procedure will be a success that she may continue to be a walking and talking miracle who always gives God the glory. Please pray for us, her husband, her children, her grand children, and the rest of our family that we do not fall off course but continue walking in Him regardless the outcome.

May God fulfill His will and not ours - that His master plan unfolds exactly as He desires even if this means He calls her home.

The Lord's hand has been at work throughout this entire ordeal and she has already beaten the odds so many times. She was healed of her pain that she was told she'd have for life, she's outlived the age by more than double what the doctors had predicted before she was born, she had four children who did not have any health problems passed down to them, she was given the very last resort medication that had a 30% success rate and it succeeded, and lastly, I would LOVE to come back to report that with God and your prayers, she now beat another 40% success rate AND recovered from the chemo.

I truly hope it's more than wishful thinking but I do get the feeling the reason He allowed the very last resort medication (30% success rate) succeed then to bring her through this was so there's no doubt it was Him all along, with her repeatedly beating the odds.

Thank you for your time in reading this, those of you that have. Whether you pray for us or just simply skimmed through this - I'm praying for you that you may walk in Him for eternity and bear much fruit throughout your life walking in the Spirit.

God bless!

:heart: Praying for your precious mom Judy, and all the family, and you too, to the One Who is a VERY PRESENT HELP in our times of trouble, dear heart. Welcome to CF. (((hug)))

"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble." ~Psalm 46:1

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello, new member here!

Mom:

Dad:

Uncle:

Prayer request:

She is now booked to go in for August 3rd for heavy doses of chemo until August 8th, when they're doing the stem cell procedure.

The Lord's hand has been at work throughout this entire ordeal and she has already beaten the odds so many times. She was healed of her pain that she was told she'd have for life, she's outlived the age by more than double what the doctors had predicted before she was born, she had four children who did not have any health problems passed down to them, she was given the very last resort medication that had a 30% success rate and it succeeded, and lastly, I would LOVE to come back to report that with God and your prayers, she now beat another 40% success rate AND recovered from the chemo.

God bless!
May Almighty God bring His healing Hands on Judy.

Heavenly Father we know Lord you will watch out for her and no matter the outcome we accept your Will be done.

Lord you have worked powerfully with this family for decades demonstrating Your Word has Power. Your Gospel comes in Word and Power! Let Judy's trials once again become an opportunity for Your Gospel of Grace to reach many people, peoples and nations.

Lord Judy is dearly loved by her family. Comfort Judy and her loving family through this most recent trial. Give them the warmth, Grace and Peace only Your Son Jesus Christ can provide. Make them feel it, that warmth you give in the most trying of times when we feel alone and abandoned.

Finally, Dear Father we know "faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. For by it the elders obtained a good testimony." Let us also obtain this good testimony.

In the Name of Jesus Christ, Your Beloved Son in Whom you are well pleased we bring this petition before His Throne where He is seated at Your Right Hand.

Amen.

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

May the Lord bless you for your great love for your family,
I pray for healing for your mum, and that she will feel God's presence, peace and comfort with her today, in Jesus name

Upvote 0

LongLiveTheChrist

Jul 19, 2017
Texas
✟9,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm going to pray for your family and for you, Missy :)

Everything will be just fine.

Whether she remains here on Earth or returns to God, she will be okay.

If it is her time to return to God, you will have the peace of knowing that she will be
in a realm of unimaginable beauty, happiness, and love. And you will also have the peace of knowing that you will see her again, when you go to Heaven.

Stay strong and positive. God is with you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Father, what a variety of prayer requests are already coming forth. Only You can decide the outcome of all this. I pray the very best for Judy, and all involved with this cancer situation. You are Master over all things. By Your own will, and in answer to the prayer You tell us to bring to You, may these people be blessed, and may You be glorified. Amen.

Upvote 0

jannikitty

wise ole owl
Nov 22, 2011
Pacific NW.
✟28,248.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
You've got it..my heartfelt prayers. Thanks for your stories too of God's healings in your family history. Welcome to the forum! :)

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,065,933.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Father I pray blessings on this request, help for this family, and healing for this mother in Jesus name I pray. Also taking these needs before God in prayer on the bbnradio.org Family Altar program... BBN Program Schedule

Upvote 0

Missy08

Jul 23, 2017
Toronto
✟21,951.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hey all,

Thank you SO so much for all your prayer and support you have no idea how much it means to us. Please continue to pray for us and I'm praying that you all be super dee duper blessed. I will update this thread with the outcome.

God bless,
Missy

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Hey all,

Thank you SO so much for all your prayer and support you have no idea how much it means to us. Please continue to pray for us and I'm praying that you all be super dee duper blessed. I will update this thread with the outcome.

God bless,
Missy

:heart: God bless you Missy, continuing to pray for your mom Judy, and all the family, and you too (((hug)))

Upvote 0