provincial
✟763,513.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
This is atrocious. How is this an upgrade? Please go back to the original site structure or I will not want to hang out here anymore. Literally everything about this is worse.

Edit: and why are there suggestions for similar topics/threads dating back all the way to 2005? That's insane.

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟360,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Brother, don't be so hasty. Your posts in the Eschatology and Prophecy forum are very helpful.
They fixed some of the issues I had with the new update. One of which was how to post images (charts). So I will continue posting here with that impediment corrected. Charts and pictorials are a very important part of my communication ability in the eschatology forum which I mostly participate in.

Upvote 0

ElCamino

Dec 27, 2021
Culiacan
✟49,889.00
Country
Mexico
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I agree.
And the old system was not broke, so there was no need to fix it.

I don't think the problem was that the system was broken; but that it was outdated. Running old forum software is not a good idea for a number of reasons, security and stability being the main ones.

I'm sure the admins will be fixing all the bugs in the coming days/weeks. Most members will eventually get used to the new version of the software and I'm sure a lot of them will even get to like it more than the previous version.

I went through this exact same issue a bunch of times in the days when I used to run forums. Lots of complaining in the beginning; but members eventually adapt and things go back to normal (at least until a new major upgrade is necessary, of course.)

Upvote 0

Red Gold

Dec 28, 2019
Baden-Baden in the Black Forest, Germany
✟95,533.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I don't think the problem was that the system was broken; but that it was outdated. Running old forum software is not a good idea for a number of reasons, security and stability being the main ones.

I'm sure the admins will be fixing all the bugs in the coming days/weeks. Most members will eventually get used to the new version of the software and I'm sure a lot of them will even get to like it more than the previous version.

I went through this exact same issue a bunch of times in the days when I used to run forums. Lots of complaining in the beginning; but members eventually adapt and things go back to normal (at least until a new major upgrade is necessary, of course.)
Maybe the technology was outdated.
But that is no reasons for changing the structure..

Why is there a lot of sticky stuff at the top of every page?
Why must we scroll like mad to get to the FIRST REAL LINE!

I do not want to read that terrible boring stuff at the top of the page every time that I click onto the forum!

doughtz
doughtz
Can you share what the sticky stuff is? Are they the boxes for notices? You should be able to hit the "x" on the top right to get rid of them.
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ElCamino

Dec 27, 2021
Culiacan
✟49,889.00
Country
Mexico
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Maybe the technology was outdated.
But that is no reasons for changing the structure..

Why is there a lot of sticky stuff at the top of every page?
Why must we scroll like mad to get to the FIRST REAL LINE!

I do not want to read that terrible boring stuff at the top of the page every time that I click onto the forum!

Those can be adjusted and I'm sure the admins will do exactly that based on the feedback in this thread.

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It would be helpful and merciful if the font size would be larger.
I will second that, the slight reduction in size plus the colour makes things very hard on the eyes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟922,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I will second that, the slight reduction in size plus the colour makes things very hard on the eyes.

Yeah. We need a bigger font for sure! As for the bright screen they have a dark mode for that. I don't know where it is though.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I’m still fumbling my way around. I preferred the previous version. Trying to learn this but it’s making CF more stressful than it should be imo.
I wholeheartedly agree. And I am wondering about the motive for trying something like this. So far, I can't see any benefit to it for the members.

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
If you want to improve something, move the post number back up to the top right of the post.
Having it sit in the middle of the right hand margin is a distraction.

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Surely no need to show so much of the users info??
Yes there is. I appreciate the fact that the info has remained visible through these changes.
It not only provides information, but it's second purpose is to show site continuity and stability.
When people stick around for years, that tells you that they care, they feel valued, and they are listened to by the site owners, especially on a Christian site!

Reactions: DerSchweik
Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I had difficulty posting links to articles. Had to keep hitting the edit button. Eventually I found the link symbol in the top row, tapped on it and pasted the link in a text box, the new result was better. Am using IOS.

It seems like I am blind and someone rearranged the furniture. Can not find information as easily. I used to have a higher approval rating, but most of those disappeared.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yeah. We need a bigger font for sure! As for the bright screen they have a dark mode for that. I don't know where it is though.
At the bottom of this page on the left side, there's a toggle switch.

Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0