provincial
✟763,513.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
This is atrocious. How is this an upgrade? Please go back to the original site structure or I will not want to hang out here anymore. Literally everything about this is worse.

Edit: and why are there suggestions for similar topics/threads dating back all the way to 2005? That's insane.

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,466.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is atrocious. How is this an upgrade? Please go back to the original site structure or I will not want to hang out here anymore. Literally everything about this is worse.

Edit: and why are there suggestions for similar topics/threads dating back all the way to 2005? That's insane.
So far I'm not saying "oh this is much better than the old format". Maybe it's more like some other popular social media platform that I don't use. I certainly hope the thought behind the upgrade wasn't to become more like "Instagram" or whatever.

Reactions: saved24
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,466.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have no idea how to leave this sub-forum and go back the the main page showing the most recent posts across the board. But I sure have quick access to reply to 17 year old posts.

Old saying: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't like it either. It's harder on the eyes and confusing. All the cute smilies and buttons have gone to be replaced with 6 poor reactions. I have no idea where my list of threads I have replied to has gone, before it was right by my name, easy.

Every site I have been on feels this need to 'update' and make things worse.

My eyes hurt so much I will have to leave now ugh.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No offense to this site it does have some woke to it now. Well there are some things you can not do like you can't on Twitter/Facebook/Youtube. Hey its their site. One would have thought unless I missed it ask the people here.. Do a test.

For me it seems much smaller now. It was so easy to see what was going on before but now. Been here since 2002.. and well not the same. Now it "seems" less is going on.

• Agree
Reactions: Aaron112
Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,780.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There's similar topics, as every time the site is upgraded or core engine is changed someone dislikes it and post threads about it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

doughtz

Owner of christianforums.com
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jun 10, 2022
San Diego
Visit site
✟110,106.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

doughtz

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jun 10, 2022
San Diego
Visit site
✟110,106.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
  • Love
Reactions: Lost Witness
Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟922,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I don't mind the new upgrade on my Desktop but on my Tablet its very clunky and confusing. I'm hardly ever on my desktop anymore so the mobile version needs some tweaking to make it better. Just be patient guys they will work out all of the kinks.

Reactions: saved24
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

doughtz

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jun 10, 2022
San Diego
Visit site
✟110,106.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't mind the new upgrade on my Desktop but on my Tablet its very clunky and confusing. I'm hardly ever on my desktop anymore so the mobile version needs some tweaking to make it better. Just be patient guys they will work out all of the kinks.
Could you share some screenshots from your tablet so I can see what you're referring to?

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
This is terrible! Much more difficult to use, and definitely NOT user friendly.
Earlier this year I had the joyous opportunity to introduce several people from my Parish to this forum.
They were attracted to it because of it's diversity and especially to the straightforward graphics, and the simplicity and ease of getting from one place to another on a huge forum.
That was truly a great big, HUGE accomplishment: making a vast forum user friendly: and it was.
Now all of that is utterly LOST!!!
Please, I beg you, don't try to improve what already works!

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟922,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Could you share some screenshots from your tablet so I can see what you're referring to?

I can. When replying to posts it's all small like what I screenshotted whereas on my desktop it's a big size and much less clunky. Making a new topic is fine but when replying it's far too tiny and the font is kinda tiny as well. I can't remember if it's also tiny on my desktop I'll have to relook.

Also is there a way we can hide our forum activity like we could with the old design or is that gone now?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221116_124321_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20221116_124321_Samsung Internet.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_20221116_124159_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20221116_124159_Samsung Internet.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 13
Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟922,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
This is terrible! Much more difficult to use, and definitely NOT user friendly.
Earlier this year I had the joyous opportunity to introduce several people from my Parish to this forum.
They were attracted to it because of it's diversity and especially to the straightforward graphics, and the simplicity and ease of getting from one place to another on a huge forum.
That was truly a great big, HUGE accomplishment: making a vast forum user friendly: and it was.
Now all of that is utterly LOST!!!
Please, I beg you, don't try to improve what already works!

Give the developers time I'm sure they can make it a lot better the upgrade isn't even a full day old yet.

• Love
Reactions: Lost Witness
Upvote 0