✟23,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost - Luke 19:10

Now when someone is lost, they do not have the Light of Christ, nor a comprehension of the Holy Scriptures. In fact, Satan, the god of this world, has blinded their minds to the Truth: but the conviction of the Word and the Holy Spirit can pierce through any darkness the devil may throw at someone.

" And Jesus answering said unto them, They that are whole need not a physician; but they that are sick" - Luke 5:31

This is important, because Jesus will meet you where you are, but then from there His healing power is manifest, and this must necessarily include spiritual healing of the soul, and that is the main focus of this passage, though Christ certainly can and does physically heal too. It's the saving of the SOUL that is most important.
When Jesus was confronted with a woman caught in adultery, and none of her accusers could condemn her, for they were not without sin, Jesus asked her if no one condemned her, and, "She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more"

Note here, Jesus says "Go and sin no more." He did not affirm her in her sin. But prior to that, Jesus had healed a man who couldn't walk for 38 years, and then later finds him in the temple, thus this: "Afterward Jesus findeth him in the temple, and said unto him, Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee."
Here we see two things: the man went immediately to the temple after he was healed, (we can probably be safe to say he went there to give thanks to God), and secondly, Jesus said SIN NO MORE, and even adds, lest a worse thing happen to thee.

Jesus did go to sinners, and was even accused of hanging out with prostitutes and tax collectors, but Jesus was also very clear in His teachings to the crowds that included these lost folk "except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish" (Luke 13:3-5), and to His own disciples "And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him." (Luke 12:4-5)

There is also this very sobering passage in Matthew 7:16-23,
"Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

Now we need to look at 1 Corinthians 6:9-11, and Galatians 5:19-24,
"Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God."

(Abusers of themselves with mankind is "arsenokoites" in Greek, meaning men who go to bed with men: same sex unions, and effeminate (malakos) which means "soft" - a male prostitute, a male who subjects themselves to lewdness, homosexual, a male who takes on a girlish demeanor. Paul is clear here, he is speaking of a number of specific sins that will keep one from the kingdom of God, and same goes for drunkards, even the covetous, those who have sex out of wedlock or do it with a married person they're not married to. Adultery is still a sin!
Note, he is very clear that the believers WERE these things in the past, and that sanctified there means they are separate: apart from those sins. 2 Corinthians 5:17, we become new creatures in Christ, and the old things pass away, the sin life is to be repented of).

"Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts."

Again there is a similar list, which also includes witchcraft, which the Greek is "Pharmakeia" so this includes drug abuse, getting high, as well as the occult. It also includes heresies, which are rampant in the church today: especially the spiritualizing of everything, even to the point there's no literal heaven or hell even being preached or believed in in some churches. Jesus Christ has also become a bloodless atonement, if even an atonement, but hard Truth is He died on a rugged cross and shed His blood for your sins to save you from the wages of sin, which is death, and the second death, which is hell, and the lake of fire.

Jesus did not come to make folk comfortable IN their sins, and if someone dies in their sins, they are regrettably lost forever.

Romans 10:8-11 and I'll close with this and a passage from 1 John,
"The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed."

That believing there is not just intellectual, or solely spiritual, but is a belief with such conviction, that actions follow and there is a change of behaviors. Note, with the heart man believeth unto RIGHTEOUSNESS. God calls us to RIGHTEOUSNESS, and to forsake sin, and to sin no more.

Consider 1 John 2:1-5
"My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.

He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked."

Amen...

Last edited: