Oregon
✟13,703.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
DH works/worked for a guy in our church who owns his own painting business. DH has had consistent work since he started with this guy, and it has been a huge blessing. BUT, we live in Oregon where it rains 13 months out of the year, and work is getting less frequent. Tonight he found out that, until work picks back up, the Boss Man can't afford to keep him employed.

I am freaking out. I'm kinda p-off about this because, for the first time in our married life we had financial stability, we were looking into getting our own apartment, we were actually going to be able to go out for Valentines Day, we were planning this big even for our anniversary in August, since we'd be able to afford it, and now, all of a sudden, there's no work. I'm angry. I'm really angry.

I shouldn't be, since DH still has a tremendous opportunity opening up for him. In all honesty, this could be the best thing that happens to us since DH would be free to put all effort and time into this cheer coach opportunity, but I am still utterly disappointed. I still feel guilty when we spend money, since we went without it for so long, and now I'm DREADING the idea of going back to all that stress and freaking out over the expenses we have coming up and I'm just.........:argh:

Freaking out. :destroyed:

dorig59

Senior Veteran
May 18, 2008
Missouri
✟18,873.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Things ARE hard these days, and often in life in general anyway. My husband got laid off a year ago this month and it took him until July to get a part time job. Now he has three VERY part time jobs plus what I do.....and it's barely, not quite ever enough. Our COBRA is running out in May, so bye-bye healthcare until/unless something else ever comes up. I remember in my first marriage, we had always thought that on our tenth wedding anniversary, we'd do something big, like go to the Caribbean or something. The tenth came along and it was, what, there's no way, no room for THAT dream, fugettabout it. So life is almost always going to be a struggle. You have to look for the giggles in between and stay as close to the Lord as possible.

Wow, that all looks so cheery, I'm supposed to be encouraging you! I will add prayers for your husband's employment while I'm praying for mine. It's got to eventually get better.....right, Lord?

Upvote 0

FaithPrevails

May 7, 2006
Far, far away from here
✟18,154.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
((Created)) I am so sorry. This must be a very frightening time for you both.
Times are very hard right now. Praying God opens another opportunity for employment soon.

Echoing this and praying in agreement with pobody. :prayer:

Upvote 0

epiclesis

Legend
Sep 29, 2003
Oregon
✟52,647.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Rains 13 months out of the year. ^_^ That is SO true. :D (but, dang it! the sun has been shining for 3 days!)

been there, done that. My husband lost his job due to a small company having to close last year and was unemployed for 5 months. It's stressful, but God always has a plan.

I'll keep y'all in my prayers.

Upvote 0

Created2Write

His Pink Princess
Mar 12, 2010
Oregon
✟13,703.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thanks for the responses and especially the prayers. DH is so chill and calm about all this, it makes me wonder where I find all the stress. He's been helping me along, promising me we will be okay. But there are times when I freak out inside and loose faith and trust in God. He's taken care of us so far. No reason for Him to give up on us now.

Please pray that this cheer coach position turns out WELL. The college has said they want the position to become a full time paid one, just like a football or soccer team, but we don't know when that would be. We're hoping this fall, after the team has had a chance to improve over the summer. This would be OUTSTANDING as the law here requires minor sport coaches for universities to be paid $49,000.00 a year. Please pray this goes through. It's not only a job, it's DH's dream. This is what he wants to do for a living, it's his dream job and I want this for him.

Until then though we need something. I'm in school and am not in a position to get a job, so it's all left up to DH.

Upvote 0

ampbelle3130

i melt in Your peace - it's overwhelming.
Mar 19, 2010
oregon!
✟10,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i'm lifting your marriage and situation up in prayer!

when DH and i got married...(which was only 4 months ago...)...i was unemployed, and had debt. but he saw past all of that and knew that God would provide for us. he had no reservations about providing for me even though he made minimum wage at the time.
i believe it's because of his faith that there wasnt even a moment of us wondering if we had enough for everything. now, i have a job as a medical assistant and the blessings are overflowing.
when i became unemployed a year ago, i had no idea it would be the most blessed year of my life. but it absolutely was. God provided for me in more ways than i even know i needed. He has every intention of taking care of you and your husband as well.

ps. i'm in oregon as well! too bad the sunshine is gone today but at least it hasnt started raining...yet...

praying for you!:prayer:

Upvote 0

Created2Write

His Pink Princess
Mar 12, 2010
Oregon
✟13,703.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
:) So far, good news has been coming in. He's got at least one day of work coming in next week, making the same he did before. His mom runs her own business, and she's been picking work up like crazy, so he might be doing more work for her. God will provide. He promises us that in His word. I just have to trust Him and DH, and believe that all will turn out well.

Upvote 0

ampbelle3130

i melt in Your peace - it's overwhelming.
Mar 19, 2010
oregon!
✟10,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:) So far, good news has been coming in. He's got at least one day of work coming in next week, making the same he did before. His mom runs her own business, and she's been picking work up like crazy, so he might be doing more work for her. God will provide. He promises us that in His word. I just have to trust Him and DH, and believe that all will turn out well.

:clap: so glad to hear!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

waxlion10

Just shut up and be delicious- Dwight
Mar 27, 2006
United States
Visit site
✟10,368.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Praying that the Lord would work everything out in His perfect timing and provide for you guys financially! That cheer coach position sounds like such a wonderful opportunity, and you sound like an incredibly supportive wife for encouraging your husband to pursue his dream :hug:

And girl, I totally feel ya when it comes to being stressed about finances :hug: It's really incredible how God has provided me with some part-time tutoring, housecleaning, babysitting, and substitute teaching jobs lately while I'm finished up my degree (to be a middle/high school English teacher). He has been so good, and even though finances are really tight and we live paycheck to paycheck, He's providing for us :) He'll do the same for you guys.

Upvote 0

Created2Write

His Pink Princess
Mar 12, 2010
Oregon
✟13,703.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thanks wax. :) I am currently pursuing a degree as well, only mine is to be a physical fitness trainer. The actual degree is for Exercise and Sport Science, and there are a number of different things I could use it for, but the fitness trainer is what I really want to do. I'm working on transferring to a private University in the fall, which is going to be incredibly expensive. However, it's the same University DH is going to be coaching at, so hopefully, when the position for him becomes a paid one(since the program is just starting) all my financial aid, along with his paycheck, will be able to provide for all expenses.

So, that's why the cheer thing is so important. Please pray that the position will be a paying one soon. We want to own our own fitness/cheer gym one day, with perhaps a dance section, a massage therapy section, a nutrition section, the works. His being a cheer coach for a University, and my being on the cheer team AND having the ESS degree, will be more than sufficient for that goal, but the finances are just....bleh.

Oh! Pray our car doesn't need any more work done to it. We need to new tags, and it failed DEQ, so we've had to spend some money on fixing what might be the problem. Pray it's fixed.

Upvote 0