Seek First His Kingdom & Righteousness
May 7, 2016
Revelation 21:2
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have posted this here because I need both prayers and advice on how to give up sin and be 100% willing and ready for the Second Coming Of Jesus Christ.
Heavenly Father, I thank you that you have brought forward brother Tony to seek support for how to keep his garments clean, as Revelation 16:15. Father, this man needs to know you personally, as a one-on-one friend and loving heavenly father. I ask that you will stir in him a desire to read the bible and expect to hear your voice speak to his heart. Lord God, I ask that even now you will be preparing his heart, that when he goes to the bible, he will already know what you are going to say, so that when he reads the bible, it will confirm that indeed, there can be no mistake, only one thing stands between you and him at this time. Let it be, Father, that even right now he has decided that nothing in the world is worth more than knowing that you, oh Lord, will always be with him to guide him and walk with him day by day. Lord God, we ask that you will really impress on his heart now, that there is freedom of life to be had - a life free from condemnation, where the scriptures testify of this truth: that there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ, and that while we seem to be free to break the law in the flesh, yet in the spirit we uphold the law. Let the reality of that truth really sink in and enlighten brother Tony right now, in Jesus' name. Let him see, Lord God, the act of faith that he can perform now that will bring you into his life for real, so that he can be free from all worries and anxieties, and he can look forward expectantly with hope and excitement at the return of your dearly-beloved son, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour King, to not be afraid of the thought, but to press forward in strength of witness that the day may come very soon and quickly. Amen.

Upvote 0

Brotherly Spirit

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2017
Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Prayed for you, I believe a humble approach to sin is most helpful. You shouldn't expect to never sin, but to recognize when you do. In prayer listen to God about what you should do, what you can do is where you start. Just be honest with yourself and God, he'll help you know what to do.

What I've learn is important is to not obsess with the idea of being perfect. I'm always going to have to those days where I'm not the best for God. All I can do is admit it to myself and confess it to him, by his mercy be forgiven. Then in his name continue doing what I can to live as I should for him.

Upvote 0

ub4me

Senior Veteran
Feb 16, 2005
USA
✟20,873.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
First realize we are all sinners and fall short of the glory of God. That is why we needed Jesus to take our place, to die our death.
Now the way to be ready is to know He took your sin upon Him.
When you start filling yourself with God's word, praising Him, thanking him putting Him first in your life. The Holy Spirit will help you...as you draw closer to the Lord, you put more distance between you an the world
(worldly things) his Spirit will convict you of things that are contrary to who He is, because His Spirit dwells in you.
Draw closer, fill yourself with all that He is, then there will be little room for anything else. When you fall, and you will, turn to Him confess to Him and ask Him to help you. As long as you keep your eyes on Jesus, don't shrink back in shame but run to him when you fall. He want us to understand we can't do it without Him. He is just and faithful to forgive. You are confessing , I am a sinner, I need help. He won't forsake you. The thief on the cross next to Jesus, said Lord remember me. The very fact that He believed.. Saved his soul. He loves us so much. Your sins are common to man. But they were paid for by the blood of the Lamb.

Reactions: Serving Zion
Upvote 0

longwait

Mar 14, 2016
asia
✟85,978.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The problem with us, people of the modern times is that we have plenty of spare time at our disposal. We give too much priority to pleasure and getting things done our way when our first and foremost priority should be to seek the Lord. I am not accusing anyone in particular. This is my case as well. What does the Bible say? That we are God's servants. We are also Christ's slaves. What is the role of a servant or a slave? They have to obey their master and do his bidding 24/7. They have no time to themselves. If we want to hear "well done good and faithful servant" when we appear before God Almighty then I believe we have to be totally and completely sold out to Him like a slave. I think when we focus more and more on doing God's will and not our own then we will have lesser time to think evil, speak evil and do evil.

Upvote 0

AndersenKC

Nov 11, 2013
Kansas City
✟8,524.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Prophecy is being full filled when Jesus said right would be wrong and wrong would be right. There is so much pervasiveness in the world and it's increasing. This is the sign of the times. Sins are pilling up to heaven as we speak. And the saints are at God's mercy. Many will fall away from the faith in trade for lap of luxury and pleasure. TV is rampant with many temptations of every sort. 30 years ago I never imagined that things would be in my face like this. Just yesterday I had decided to quit watching a specific TV show because the new season compared to the last season was too morally decrepit. Some Things that I've known as a kid have been ruined by sin, and now I realize that the only way through this dark jungle is paying attention to God's will and love for our life. Rely on him alone, He's your escape.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums