Please pray for my beloved husband JimR-OCDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy P

Love me or Hate me, You'll never forget me...
Apr 20, 2013
The Hearts of My Loved Ones
✟138,614.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What you have here Gail and Jim, are your fellow family members that love you both...worry about you both, care for you both...you've impacted lives here in the real world, thus all the prayers and well wishes...

Always know, you both DO make a difference in real lives...and we're the better because of you both....<3 <3

Upvote 0

servant of Merciful Love

Goodbye~God bless
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
✟2,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
We saw the surgeon today....
The scan was fine.....no signs of cancer IN the neighboring organs ....thank God! :clap:

Surgery will be on July 12 ~ he can expect to be in the hospital @ 5-7 days

The surgeon will:
1) remove and biopsy/stage the tumor
2) biopsy nearby lymph nodes
3) check the surface of the liver etc to be sure there is no sign of cancer starting; if anything is found he will biopsy it.

*If the neighboring organs and lymph nodes are clear of cancer, than he will be declared 'surgically cured'.

We're praying for that...and thank you for your prayers! :crossrc:

Upvote 0

servant of Merciful Love

Goodbye~God bless
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
✟2,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Glory to God !

This is great news .

Now try and relax until his admission - can you go away for a weekend together ?
Yup, that's the plan...relax, treasure each day together , and enjoy some good food before surgery :D
We weren't going anywhere; we have a very loved (and spoiled) Shih Tzu at home ;)

Constant prayers. You are both well loved here.
Thank you :hug:

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,727,868.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The scan was fine.....no signs of cancer IN the neighboring organs ....thank God! :clap:

The surgeon will:
3) check the surface of the liver etc to be sure there is no sign of cancer starting; if anything is found he will biopsy it.

*If the neighboring organs and lymph nodes are clear of cancer, than he will be declared 'surgically cured'.

I'm praying for that too. I'm so glad that nothing was seen in the neighboring areas. Prayers for a successful surgery & not an inking of cancer anywhere else! :crossrc:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jimmy P

Apr 20, 2013
✟138,614.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's great news! So, saw surgeon, check that off the list...gettin' closer to puttin' this all behind you folks...

I see you 2 like the Parents of CF :) So naturally, we're gonna continue to pray for you, love you, think of you...

Rock on Mom and Dad ;)

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟189,374.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
That's great news! So, saw surgeon, check that off the list...gettin' closer to puttin' this all behind you folks...

I see you 2 like the Parents of CF :) So naturally, we're gonna continue to pray for you, love you, think of you...

Rock on Mom and Dad ;)

Thanks son. :D

Jim

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Admiral of the Fleet/First Sea Lord
Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

The surgeon will:

Sorry, I was Johnny-come-lately to this news. You're in my prayers as well.

My wife had lung cancer, early stage, and they acted swiftly-her surgery was a week after the discovery, they were planning to remove 1/3 of the lung, they did remove half, and she was out of the hospital convalescing in 5 days. They got it all. In fact, to look at her, you would never know. She's been free 5 1/2 years.

Despite what my brother Jimmy says, surgery is...surgery. My wife still has trouble taking deep breaths because of the rib spreader. They had to tear cartilage to get it, and she's stuck with that for life. She's also had surgery for a broken wrist and still suffers from the after-effects of that. The great news is that she's still alive, and kicking. Thankful to be alive, and thankful that she can offer up her suffering to the Lord.

God bless you both!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jimmy P

Apr 20, 2013
✟138,614.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
*Peeks back in door, see's RoJ*

True, surgery is surgery but it's different for all of us....I had 2 groin hernias...but I can lift my 9 yr old over my head, no problems...just had to learn to lift differently...doing good now :)

Ok RoJ, get outside, you're IT!!! *tags RoJ*

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟189,374.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
In my case, the surgeon says he's gonna cut a 4-5 inch opening in my stomach, below my breast bone. From there, he can look in to get the polyp and feel my liver or whatever else he wants to look at. Any gold he finds, it's mine.

For pain they're going to put an epidural, which I'll have a little button to push when I need it. He says they do watch it however. I can't push it 47 times in order to enjoy the hallucinations. :D

Jim

Upvote 0

MoreCoffee

Repentance works.
Jan 8, 2011
Near the flying spaghetti monster
✟57,848.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
In my case, the surgeon says he's gonna cut a 4-5 inch opening in my stomach, below my breast bone. From there, he can look in to get the polyp and feel my liver or whatever else he wants to look at. Any gold he finds, it's mine.

For pain they're going to put an epidural, which I'll have a little button to push when I need it. He says they do watch it however. I can't push it 47 times in order to enjoy the hallucinations. :D

Jim

I had one of those after having my gallbladder removed. It worked very well for the pain on the afternoon of the day they did the surgery. I didn't need it the next day. I was up and about and went home the next day.

Upvote 0

Jimmy P

Apr 20, 2013
✟138,614.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
4-5 inch? Not bad...my groin slits are abouts 8-9 inch...they had to push my innards back through the muscle wall, stitch it, then staple me outside...no gold though :(

Dawny had the epidural for having Eric...she seemed to like it :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.