Sep 25, 2004
So. California
Visit site
✟97,335.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Widowed
We saw the surgeon today; he said from the preliminary reports, it is not early stage... but not late stage cancer either, so that gives him good odds.

When he examined him it seemed it had NOT attached itself to the abdominal wall.

The colonoscopy doc left a message to say the blood work was fine.
The surgeon said he expected Jim was tested for cancer markers (?signs of it being in his system)....so that's another good sign, though he said not 100% conclusive!

He will have the CT Scan tomorrow which will show if it has spread to other organs.
The surgeon will see us Thursday to go over the results.

The surgery will require an abdominal incision, and resection of the bowel (NO colostomy) :clap:
Surgery be scheduled Thursday at our visit for @ mid July
A specialized biopsy will be done then to stage the cancer and check the lymph nodes.
Those test results will determine the need for chemo.

Please keep praying ~

Thank you and God bless :crossrc:
:angel:
this tells me a bit more than our private emails...I will check-in here so you won't have to send all over the place.

Upvote 0

servant of Merciful Love

Goodbye~God bless
Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
✟2,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
:angel:
this tells me a bit more than our private emails...I will check-in here so you won't have to send all over the place.
no problem ~ thank you :hug:

I resent the email which was a copy of this post ;)

Upvote 0

St_Barnabus

Secular Carmelite OCDS
Jun 6, 2008
Midwest USA
✟54,616.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Wow, this news is very positive and I am going to trust that the resection will not show a need for further excising. God is good! So glad you folks caught it in time. Thursday should tell the whole picture. I'll continue prayers for both of you.
God bless!

Upvote 0

servant of Merciful Love

Goodbye~God bless
Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
✟2,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Wow, this news is very positive and I am going to trust that the resection will not show a need for further excising. God is good! So glad you folks caught it in time. Thursday should tell the whole picture. I'll continue prayers for both of you.
God bless!

Thursday he will tell us a bit more, but we won't know the bottom line until the surgical biopsies come back re: lymph nodes/needing chemo; only one surgery is needed/planned.
Thank you for your prayers :hug:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,077,055.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Praying for you both. I'm encouraged by the positive things you heard from the doctor today, and hope you will get even more positive news after the CT scan and other tests.

One of my friends is a widow today because Medicare only covers colonoscopies every 10 years (although I'm sure if there were previous polyps or blood in the stool or other danger signs, they would probably cover.) "If only we knew how dangerous waiting 10 years for a colonscopy would be, we would have paid for it ourselves," she said.

I've had three colonscopies so far, and a total of 6 polyps, all benign. Because of that I'm scheduled to take them every 3-5 years.

They are really, really important. My hubby's Mom and Grandma died of colon cancer.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,582,836.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We saw the surgeon today; he said from the preliminary reports, it is not early stage... but not late stage cancer either, so that gives him good odds.

When he examined him it seemed it had NOT attached itself to the abdominal wall.

The colonoscopy doc left a message to say the blood work was fine.
The surgeon said he expected Jim was tested for cancer markers (?signs of it being in his system)....so that's another good sign, though he said not 100% conclusive!

He will have the CT Scan tomorrow which will show if it has spread to other organs.
The surgeon will see us Thursday to go over the results.

The surgery will require an abdominal incision, and resection of the bowel (NO colostomy) :clap:
Surgery be scheduled Thursday at our visit for @ mid July
A specialized biopsy will be done then to stage the cancer and check the lymph nodes.
Those test results will determine the need for chemo.

Please keep praying ~

Thank you and God bless :crossrc:
Praying for you & Jim both. I will be checking in for updates. ***Hugs & Prayers***:crossrc:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

servant of Merciful Love

Goodbye~God bless
Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
✟2,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Sorry I did not check in sooner Gail But you both have my prayers.
No problem Michie....we have just begun his healing journey :angel:
We all need time away from the forums to recharge :hug:
You have our continued prayers for your health as well :crossrc:

Upvote 0

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,582,836.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No problem Michie....we have just begun his healing journey :angel:
We all need time away from the forums to recharge :hug:
You have our continued prayers for your health as well :crossrc:
Thank you Gail. Next ultrasound is next Monday.

Upvote 0

Jimmy P

Love me or Hate me, You'll never forget me...
Apr 20, 2013
The Hearts of My Loved Ones
✟137,801.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So nice to see the update folks...I kept thinking about you's today...praying for good stuff...

So, step 1 - see surgeon, check...

Step by step folks....it's almost like the story of Job but with Gail and Jim...and you both as well will rise victorious...:)

Jim, you comment on the Christian in here, let me tell you brother, reading from you and Gail, I am seeing Christian Courage like I've never seen before...whether it's said or not, you both are inspirational....

Keep positive, prayers are continuing....love you both! Rock on family...

Upvote 0

isshinwhat

Pro Deo et Patria
Apr 12, 2002
Visit site
✟13,555.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
The Christian love in this forum is amazing.

I have never experienced anything like it, and I'm so inspired by you all.

Thanks for all your prayers and God bless you all!

Jim

Good to see you in here, Jim.

O Lord our God, the Physician of our souls and bodies, look down upon Thy servant Jim and cure him of all infirmities of the flesh, in the Name of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, with Whom Thou art blessed, together with Thy Most Holy, Gracious, and Life-giving Spirit, always, now and forever, and unto ages of ages. Amen.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.