Keeping sight of the vow we made
Apr 25, 2012
St Louis
✟8,049.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I have become lower an more wicked than I can possibly fathom. My heart is hardened. I've ignored God to the point I don't hear Him speak anymore but rather he gave me up to sin or I turned my back on him. I"ve been double minded thinking "well I'll serve him if _______" othewise I won't.

The holy spirit tried to steer me away from this danger months ago and I ignored. Instead I came here looking for ways to justify my sin I suppose. Now, when I read the bible (rarely anymore) I am directed to all the negative scripture like Ecc 7:17, Deuteronomy, 28:15-68 and Romans 1. Maybe I'm taking things out of context but they all seem to apply to me. Oh and Isaiah 48:22 as well. I haven't slept in a month. I simply can't. My ex girlfriend whom I used to live together with, is about 99% sure she's pregnant and I haven't shown the slightest emotion about it. She calls me saying her stomach hurts and I don't feel sympathy. She tried killing her self a month ago and I showed no sympathy, this is the night I stopped sleeping. I think I'm way past help and this is what the Lord was warning me of. I waited too long.

Upon my initial conviction to move out, I was pumped about it, ready to please God. but since I compromised and waited so long, I now feel a lonlieness like never before. I still talk to her simply because I feel lonely when I should just let go but if shes pregnant now then I'm obligated to keep in touch anyways. Man it got bad bad bad over these last few months. Being wide awake for 24 hours a day every day is a torture you can only imagine but nothing like what's next to come. Lord help me.

Mar 31, 2011
Babylon
✟9,491.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
ChildofGod777 said:
I have become lower an more wicked than I can possibly fathom. My heart is hardened. I've ignored God to the point I don't hear Him speak anymore but rather he gave me up to sin or I turned my back on him. I"ve been double minded thinking "well I'll serve him if _______" othewise I won't.

The holy spirit tried to steer me away from this danger months ago and I ignored. Instead I came here looking for ways to justify my sin I suppose. Now, when I read the bible (rarely anymore) I am directed to all the negative scripture like Ecc 7:17, Deuteronomy, 28:15-68 and Romans 1. Maybe I'm taking things out of context but they all seem to apply to me. Oh and Isaiah 48:22 as well. I haven't slept in a month. I simply can't. My ex girlfriend whom I used to live together with, is about 99% sure she's pregnant and I haven't shown the slightest emotion about it. She calls me saying her stomach hurts and I don't feel sympathy. She tried killing her self a month ago and I showed no sympathy, this is the night I stopped sleeping. I think I'm way past help and this is what the Lord was warning me of. I waited too long.

Upon my initial conviction to move out, I was pumped about it, ready to please God. but since I compromised and waited so long, I now feel a lonlieness like never before. I still talk to her simply because I feel lonely when I should just let go but if shes pregnant now then I'm obligated to keep in touch anyways. Man it got bad bad bad over these last few months. Being wide awake for 24 hours a day every day is a torture you can only imagine but nothing like what's next to come. Lord help me.

I think I can relate to your situation almost completely.

Listen and help those that cry for you.

Be careful of "negative" scripture. The devil quotes scripture for a reason in the gospel. It sounds like your growing very strong.

God speaks a lot in the gospels, read those. I really dislike the OT.

Maybe it's not that you need to let go.
Maybe you should get a better grip.

Yes, we are wicked. That's ok, because Christ is here for screwed up people like us.

I'll be praying with you.
Peace and grace be with you brother.

Upvote 0

Pal Handy

Irregular Member
Jun 15, 2011
Southeast Michigan
✟20,508.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Turn to the Lord and tell Him you are sorry and that you want His
forgiveness and His power to surrender your life to Him in Christ.

Father in the name of Jesus I ask you to be with this
son who has lost his way and made a mess of things.

Father, deliver him from evil and as he turns his heart back to
You and I ask that You would make the way straight and clear
ahead of him so that he can find You in a deeper way
than ever before.

Father be with this girl friend and bless her and lead her to
You father through Jesus Christ.

In Jesus name I pray

Upvote 0

turkle

Blessed
Jan 25, 2004
✟227,007.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Praying for you, brother.

Go to Rom 8.1. There is no condemnation. Pride will tell you that you are too far gone, that you are beyond the grace of Jesus. That is simply a lie. You need to repent of those thoughts and return to Him you loves you and will set you free if you will stop your self destructive thoughts. It is time to trust Him. Wallowing in self pity and misery may be satisfying for a while, but it is not sustainable.

Grace abounds.

Upvote 0

Pal Handy

Irregular Member
Jun 15, 2011
Southeast Michigan
✟20,508.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thank you all. I'm trying to think positive but it's hard when you don't sleep. It's quite convincing that I've gone too far.
Let your sins go.
Repent, turn away from your sin and turn to God.

Tell Him you realize your are wrong and you need to change.

It has NOTHING to do with how you FEEL but it
has EVERYTHING to do with God's word and what HE SAID HE WOULD DO.

1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

You will still have a responsibility for your sins as they affect others but God will forgive you.

You will still be liable to help out with YOUR CHILD but God will help you.

God is for You and He did not send Christ to condemn you
but to save you if you will turn away from sin and surrender to Him in Christ.

Ask God to forgive you through Jesus Christ's death for you for
your sins and then believe that you are forgiven because God says it
is so and your feelings will catch up eventually.

Upvote 0

ChildofGod777

Apr 25, 2012
St Louis
✟8,049.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
What if we fall so deep that we just cant hear him anymore?
That when we pray it feels like we're talking to ourselves?
What if im actually dying from no sleep? From what i understand, Biblical curses
can be brought on by a number of things. Many of which im guilty of. Also, biblical
curses last until death, as they are from God.
I was told too that i Biblically speaking, my girl and i were already married since we lived together and had sex and i had no choice in the matter but to marry her. Truth?

Upvote 0

Pal Handy

Irregular Member
Jun 15, 2011
Southeast Michigan
✟20,508.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What if we fall so deep that we just cant hear him anymore?
That when we pray it feels like we're talking to ourselves?
What if im actually dying from no sleep? From what i understand, Biblical curses
can be brought on by a number of things. Many of which im guilty of. Also, biblical
curses last until death, as they are from God.
I was told too that i Biblically speaking, my girl and i were already married since we lived together and had sex and i had no choice in the matter but to marry her. Truth?
What if you should die tonight?
Do you believe on the Lord Jesus Christ as your savior
or are you hanging on to your sins and saying that you are too evil to save?

It is your choice.

Your sins do not separate you from God, your rejection
of Christ and His forgiveness is what separates you from God.

Jesus died for and payed for all your sins so when are you going to let Him be your
savior and when are you going to quit what-if-ing it and put
your pride aside and let Christ save you?

Upvote 0

MCab

Nov 20, 2004
near DC
✟15,324.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single

If you feel bad . . . you can't be all bad.

Upvote 0

BFine

Seed Planter
Jul 19, 2011
My room
✟11,098.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
You can hear from God-- the bible is a way that God speaks to us.
You want to hear from Him -- start reading the book of Romans(I picked
it because I like it.) Read a chapter, then pray about what you have read--ask
God to make His Word "alive" for you. Take your time in reading, take notes--
research what you have read (lots of online bible sites.)

If you have sincerely repented-- you are forgiven. Feelings are not an indicator
that God has forgiven you. His Word is. I've said it so much-- You would be hard
pressed to find any scripture that tells you to trust your feelings or to follow your heart.
Lots of scripture for: Following Jesus, believing, trusting God and His Word etc.

Biblical curses-- In the OT these curses were for stubborn stiff-necked sinners who
persisted in sin(s). God gave them space to repent, they didn't and His judgement was rendered....however, when sinners sincerely repented, the curse/curses were removed.

You aren't married unless you and your girlfriend have been married by an authorized
person (clergy, justice of the peace for example.)

On June 14th you posted about your girlfriend trying to kill herself (she took a bunch of pills) -- I've read many of your other posts as well.
From what I'm reading about the two of you-- you two aren't ready for marriage.
There are a lot of emotional issues that need to be addressed-- none of us here
are qualified to do that. I strongly suggest that both of you should be in counseling ASAP!

I beg of you, PLEASE Stop the emotional roller coaster ride and get yourselves into treatment.
You two spend months and months tormenting one another, she
tries suicide (by overdosing meds) and you are preventing yourself from
sleeping and eating (which is suicide)-- One of your other posts stated that you weren't eating or sleeping.

There are consequences for your girlfriend who tried to OD on pills.
How on earth is she able to be a mom to her children if she is suicidal?
She can't be unless she gets herself straightened out.
Your gf's children need their mom to be stable (healthy) so she can take
care of them since they are so young.

Somebody needs to be the adult and do what is right, provide a stable home environment
for those children.
If she doesn't get help for her own issues, she maybe in danger of losing her children
if she keeps trying to kill herself...my good friend in NC is a social worker and has
had to remove young children from such parent(s).
Are her parents able to help? It sure would be great if they did step in and take charge
of things if they are suitable/ and are able to...their daughter needs help ASAP!
-----------------------------------------------------

Not married--
What you two did was-- circumvent God's standards -- you didn't keep yourselves from
fornication(sex outside of marriage). God doesn't conform to our whims and wishes
we conform to His Standards-- Jesus demonstrated that very well.

At this time I don't not recommend getting married until you both have
dealt with your mental issues in a way that you two can be healthy together--
at this time you both are destructive and marriage would not be advisable
at this time...please get into treatment...I believe in another post you said
you would see a counselor/psychiatrist etc? Have you started doing that yet?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 Corinthians 6:19-20
Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God?
You are not your own; you were bought at a price.
Therefore honor God with your bodies.

You aren't your own...take care of the dwelling place of the Holy Spirit whom
you received from God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jupiter Drops

be like a flower and turn your face to the sun
Jan 20, 2012
✟21,341.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

There's no such thing as negative scriptures. Satan can use the scriptures to turn you against the Lord, but hold onto what is good and true - that Jesus Christ came and died on that cross for your sins. He bore all the wrath and the heaviest sins of mankind for you.

Have you ever watched The Passion of the Christ and saw how Jesus took all that pain and suffering for us? No other can do that for us except Him alone, and because of that, all things became possible through Him.

Do you realize that now you're just slowly giving into Satan? Don't.

Be strong. Be new again in Christ.

Here's a scripture for you today:

Isaiah 43:18-19 NASB - “Do not call to mind the former - Bible Gateway

Don't be so cold toward your ex-girlfriend please.

Please get serious counseling from a pastor and a therapist. Also, please help your ex out. She was in this together with you.

Please don't run away. Please be strong and face this storm. Jesus will hold your hands and guide you always.

Upvote 0

ChildofGod777

Apr 25, 2012
St Louis
✟8,049.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
You can hear from God-- the bible is a way that God speaks to us.
You want to hear from Him -- start reading the book of Romans(I picked
it because I like it.) Read a chapter, then pray about what you have read--ask
God to make His Word "alive" for you. Take your time in reading, take notes--
research what you have read (lots of online bible sites.)

If you have sincerely repented-- you are forgiven. Feelings are not an indicator
that God has forgiven you. His Word is. I've said it so much-- You would be hard
pressed to find any scripture that tells you to trust your feelings or to follow your heart.
Lots of scripture for: Following Jesus, believing, trusting God and His Word etc.

Biblical curses-- In the OT these curses were for stubborn stiff-necked sinners who
persisted in sin(s). God gave them space to repent, they didn't and His judgement was rendered....however, when sinners sincerely repented, the curse/curses were removed.

You aren't married unless you and your girlfriend have been married by an authorized
person (clergy, justice of the peace for example.)

On June 14th you posted about your girlfriend trying to kill herself (she took a bunch of pills) -- I've read many of your other posts as well.
From what I'm reading about the two of you-- you two aren't ready for marriage.
There are a lot of emotional issues that need to be addressed-- none of us here
are qualified to do that. I strongly suggest that both of you should be in counseling ASAP!

I beg of you, PLEASE Stop the emotional roller coaster ride and get yourselves into treatment.
You two spend months and months tormenting one another, she
tries suicide (by overdosing meds) and you are preventing yourself from
sleeping and eating (which is suicide)-- One of your other posts stated that you weren't eating or sleeping.

There are consequences for your girlfriend who tried to OD on pills.
How on earth is she able to be a mom to her children if she is suicidal?
She can't be unless she gets herself straightened out.
Your gf's children need their mom to be stable (healthy) so she can take
care of them since they are so young.

Somebody needs to be the adult and do what is right, provide a stable home environment
for those children.
If she doesn't get help for her own issues, she maybe in danger of losing her children
if she keeps trying to kill herself...my good friend in NC is a social worker and has
had to remove young children from such parent(s).
Are her parents able to help? It sure would be great if they did step in and take charge
of things if they are suitable/ and are able to...their daughter needs help ASAP!
-----------------------------------------------------

Not married--
What you two did was-- circumvent God's standards -- you didn't keep yourselves from
fornication(sex outside of marriage). God doesn't conform to our whims and wishes
we conform to His Standards-- Jesus demonstrated that very well.

At this time I don't not recommend getting married until you both have
dealt with your mental issues in a way that you two can be healthy together--
at this time you both are destructive and marriage would not be advisable
at this time...please get into treatment...I believe in another post you said
you would see a counselor/psychiatrist etc? Have you started doing that yet?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 Corinthians 6:19-20
Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God?
You are not your own; you were bought at a price.
Therefore honor God with your bodies.

You aren't your own...take care of the dwelling place of the Holy Spirit whom
you received from God.

As for the Biblical curses, I did in fact persist in sin until the point of His judgement. Heck, me and her sinned again just the other day and it was mainly my fault. How stupid and stubborn can a person be? I have sincerely repented in the past but turned around did the same thing.

At this point, I'm not sure what good a psychiatrist could do. When you give up your salvation to sin there is no more hope or quality of life and like the bible says "no man can save you." Yet I come here looking for prayer.

As for the lack of sleep, and not eating...I would love to sleep if I could, and I do eat but only because I have to. I don't actually feel hunger or thirst or enjoy food anymore, its weird. I look forward to trying to get sleep at night, that's the highlight of my day. The Christian life is supposed to be one full of Joy and happiness, which I had, even when I slipped up now and then I would confess and knew life went on but the decietfulness of my heart and doing things in Jesus name has gotten me accursed (judging by my body, spirit, and thought process now) from what I've read. I have become jealous of Christians and what they have, I want my relationship with him back and the peace I had.

Upvote 0

ChildofGod777

Apr 25, 2012
St Louis
✟8,049.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Thanks brother. Thats another thing. I work two jobs now and have no time to exercise but I am signed into a contract at a kickboxing gym that I used to go to before having to get another job to keep up with bills. Without sleep, I havent the energy to exercise either.

Indeed I will try to follow the advice I've been given. It's hard to see the bright side of things when it feels like the devil has me already.

Upvote 0

BFine

Seed Planter
Jul 19, 2011
My room
✟11,098.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
"As for the Biblical curses, I did in fact persist in sin until the point of His judgement. Heck, me and her sinned again just the other day and it was mainly my fault. How stupid and stubborn can a person be? I have sincerely repented in the past but turned around did the same thing.

At this point, I'm not sure what good a psychiatrist could do. When you give up your salvation to sin there is no more hope or quality of life and like the bible says "no man can save you." Yet I come here looking for prayer."

*If you have sinned, then repent...you both are at fault in this sexual sin thing.
You both are adults and responsible for your own wrong doings.

Sincere repentance isn't just crying and telling God you are so sorry.
It also involves moving away from (abandoning) sinful activity and putting up safe guards
so you can avoid "falling into sin" again and again.
It's deciding this day whom you will serve-- God or your flesh.

If you choose to serve God, then you would avoid set ups that
lead or give room for sinful activity.
It's a call to practice self discipline / and or personal restraint.

Make the effort to connect with your church and find a mature Christian
mentor and prayer partners to help you in your faith walk.
Lone Ranger Christianity doesn't work very well.

Talking to a psychologist can be beneficial-- me and my husband have been
seeing one --today will mark our third session.
(Or even talking to your minister or a mature Christian in your area
can be equally beneficial too.)

You can continue to do it your way and remain in your circumstances
or you can put forth your very best efforts and find suitable help...
the choice is yours. Taking the high road isn't easy, nor is it without
challenges but with the Lord's help and the support of other Christians
you can make it.

[May the Lord empower you to make the necessary changes in your life and bring Christians into your life that can encourage and prayerfully
support you. In Jesus' name, Amen.]

You mention receiving God's judgement, a lot of us have and one can still
repent of being stiff-necked and willfully sinning.

The devil doesn't have you, but if you continue to willfully sin then you
are "heaping those hot coals" upon your own head.

Sinful conduct can actually shorten the lives of believers. The Bible speaks of certain people dying prematurely because of some sin in their life.

"When you are assembled in the name of our Lord Jesus and I am with you in spirit, and the power of our Lord Jesus is present, hand this man over to Satan, so that the sinful nature may be destroyed and his spirit saved on the day of the Lord".
(1 Corinthians 5:4,5)
It must be emphasized that these believers experience physical death, not eternal separation from God. Their physical death did not cost them their eternal soul.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sbmullin

Jul 16, 2012
Texas
✟15,131.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I to went through a similiar experience that I had fallen way below the standard of God's word and did horrible things that would nominate me for God's list of rejects, but sir the beauty of it is this, that Christ died for the ungodly. You see long before you were ever formed in your mother's womb He knew you. So that means when you messed up He didn't slap His forhead and go geez, now what am I going to do? He died for you before the foundation of the world, meaning before He created the world He already paid for your sin and my sin. In my desperation to find God once again I literally laid on the floor any moment I could and cried out to God. There was nothing or no-one that could help but God alone. One day in the quiteness of my office He came. What he did was show me Himself on the cross paying for the sins I commited or ever would commit. Now listen to me carefully because it wasn't the blood or the torment I saw even though it was there, what He showed me was the sins that I commited being laid on Him. Like a flash they all flowed through Him. I was so overcome by shame I fell to the floor screaming Jesus why? Why did you do it? I will never forget it, He came and knelt before me with eyes full of love and tears and He said because I love you with all of my heart" You see in my flesh I will never be righteous, I cannot be righteous. The problem is that we rely on how we feel, when we feel good about ourselves we think we are ok with God and when we feel bad we think He is rejecting us. This is a lie straight from hell. On our very best day we are altogether vanity. The best thing you can do right now if you have not done so is to confess, He is faithful to forgive and then you need to focus on Him and His righteousness and walk by faith that He is good. There is nothing good in our flesh, but we don't rely on that we rely fully on the finished work of the cross and the ultimate price He paid to redeem us. I agree with the message from bfine, you need to seek some counseling, and above all that you need to focus on Christ and what He has done and not yourself. You will grow what you focus on...

Upvote 0

ChildofGod777

Apr 25, 2012
St Louis
✟8,049.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
"As for the Biblical curses, I did in fact persist in sin until the point of His judgement. Heck, me and her sinned again just the other day and it was mainly my fault. How stupid and stubborn can a person be? I have sincerely repented in the past but turned around did the same thing.

At this point, I'm not sure what good a psychiatrist could do. When you give up your salvation to sin there is no more hope or quality of life and like the bible says "no man can save you." Yet I come here looking for prayer."

*If you have sinned, then repent...you both are at fault in this sexual sin thing.
You both are adults and responsible for your own wrong doings.

Sincere repentance isn't just crying and telling God you are so sorry.
It also involves moving away from (abandoning) sinful activity and putting up safe guards
so you can avoid "falling into sin" again and again.
It's deciding this day whom you will serve-- God or your flesh.

If you choose to serve God, then you would avoid set ups that
lead or give room for sinful activity.
It's a call to practice self discipline / and or personal restraint.

Make the effort to connect with your church and find a mature Christian
mentor and prayer partners to help you in your faith walk.
Lone Ranger Christianity doesn't work very well.

Talking to a psychologist can be beneficial-- me and my husband have been
seeing one --today will mark our third session.
(Or even talking to your minister or a mature Christian in your area
can be equally beneficial too.)

You can continue to do it your way and remain in your circumstances
or you can put forth your very best efforts and find suitable help...
the choice is yours. Taking the high road isn't easy, nor is it without
challenges but with the Lord's help and the support of other Christians
you can make it.

[May the Lord empower you to make the necessary changes in your life and bring Christians into your life that can encourage and prayerfully
support you. In Jesus' name, Amen.]

You mention receiving God's judgement, a lot of us have and one can still
repent of being stiff-necked and willfully sinning.

The devil doesn't have you, but if you continue to willfully sin then you
are "heaping those hot coals" upon your own head.

Sinful conduct can actually shorten the lives of believers. The Bible speaks of certain people dying prematurely because of some sin in their life.

"When you are assembled in the name of our Lord Jesus and I am with you in spirit, and the power of our Lord Jesus is present, hand this man over to Satan, so that the sinful nature may be destroyed and his spirit saved on the day of the Lord".
It must be emphasized that these believers experience physical death, not eternal separation from God. Their physical death did not cost them their eternal soul.

That last part of your post does not come as a surpirse. Ecc 7:17 Says do not be overly wicked, why should you die before your time. Not sure if that means the same thing as the scripture you posted but its how I've been feeling with this whole "no sleep" thing going on. Almost hoping for it as it would put an end to this miserable mess of a life I've created.

I did in fact get out of the" living together" situation and am stuck at my parents house, which, 4 months ago, I was excited to do because I knew God was telling me to GET OUT and focus on Me. But I didn't. Now I'm miserable as can be, possibly a father with a girl I don't truly love as the mother, don't sleep, and have no peace or quality of life. Now, living with the folks and not having God there with me sucks. I did see a doctor who prescribed zoloft, I took one and got 0 sleep at all, so I quit.
I'm not trying to wait 3 weeks for some meds to kick in. Only God's presence and knowing He's still there will give me the will to live.

Is it a sin to accept death and hope God will save my soul? Like refusing to call 911 in an emergency because it would be better to just go? I know my body belongs to Him and is not mine to do what I want with, but no sleep or very little sleep will kill it eventually.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ChildofGod777

Apr 25, 2012
St Louis
✟8,049.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
"

I read somewhere else that God will often take the life a believer whos headed in the wrong direction in order to save his soul because he loves us so much. Now, I'd rather live of course, if I could have joy again. But only God can provide that. No amount of anything else can do that. God also, as you mentioned earlier, submit to us, we must submit to Him. I tell Him I submit or to take my life and use it for His glory but I don't hear back from Him. Its disapointing and frustrating.

Upvote 0