Philadelphia
✟56,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
For the last 13 months, which seems much, much longer......I have been through it. I have been through things, terrifying things, that I have never, ever been through before and that's say something because for a 38 year old single mother, my life has been extremely hard since I was a child.......

But this......this........really, really rocked my world. I have been going through non-stop health issues, between my daughter and I, a toxic mold nightmare that was growing in places that we did not see (never in a million years thought that would happen to me) and other hits, strong hits, that have nothing to do with health keep coming.....and then at the end of January, the pain in my head started and has been on going for 4 months now. I cannot tell you how painful and scary it is to have these types of pains in your head, especially when everything around you is falling apart and very cruel people are trying their hardest to make your life so much worse.

I have strayed away from God, from Jesus and I hate that I have. I have no idea where my life is going, I am living in constant fear, I am under constant stress, I just want the pain in my head to stop. I want all the scary things to stop. I want to be closer again to Jesus. I just don't have the will.

Please, please help me God. Please cast the devil away from my life, please don't let the devil win. We were doing so good, so good, what happened???? I know what happened, I strayed.........I just needed a break from it all..........

Prayers and advice more than welcomed

LynnSmith

Mar 28, 2019
Here
✟35,409.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Praying for you. You do have the will to come close to God again. Start with prayer. Read a few scripture a day. Ask for forgiveness and ask for strong faith. As you draw close to Him, He will come close to you. Pray for healing and relief. God loves you and wants you coming to Him, relying on Him to handle the stresses of your life.

Upvote 0

JAM2b

Sep 20, 2014
✟93,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
The good new is that if you have strayed away, fixing that is only one conversation with the Lord away. All you have to do is confess that and ask for forgiveness and just start walking with Him again. It doesn't have to be a huge undertaking, because He has already provided an easy way out for us. He's hasn't strayed away from you, He's just waiting for acknowledgement and repentance (which isn't as hard as people think either).

As to your personal situations, bad things happen to everyone whether they are in close relationship with the Lord or not. A lot of really bad things have happened in my life, health related and otherwise, and most of it was not my fault. "When it rains, it pours," became a popular saying for a reason. It's true, and it happens to anybody, righteous or unrighteous.

I'm not much older than you, and have been a single mom with health problems, kids with health and mental health problems, and a host of other really bad situations. I know the fear you feel. I know the self-blame and guilt. I know what being overwhelmed and full of fear is.

It is true that some things can be the natural consequences of our lifestyle or personal choices. But overall life is hard and terrible things happen just because we live in a fallen world, with fallen people, many struggles. Jesus warned that there would be troubles. The Bible doesn't promise us that we will not have problems, but it does promise us that God will not leave us. It promises us that His grace is sufficient to help us get through it.

I have learned that even in the worst times, God was still there, and He was not angry. He still provided, and He still gave blessings even when it wasn't to take away the problems, or to heal, or to give me a new home...

It is helpful to point out, remind ourselves, the things that God has done, and the things that He is currently doing. That's one thing I admire about Judaism and Messianic Jewish churches. Remembering where they have been and what God has done is built into their religious observations and holy days. Faith can be renewed or strengthened by remembering and recognizing the power and the love of God.

I will go back to the basics and thank God for our lives, for loving us, for being merciful, compassionate, and forgiving. I thank Him for food, clothing, shelter, safety... sometimes the food isn't healthy or we don't have a balanced diet, but it's still food. Sometimes the clothing doesn't fit or it's not "good enough", but it's clothes. Sometimes we don't have the best place to live, but it's a home, and He always opens a way for us to move to another place even if we have to wait a little while. Sometimes we have been in dangerous situations, but He kept us alive. These things are huge. When I realize that, it gives me peace even when things are bad, and it gives strength to keep going.

There are so many days that I don't know if I will make it, or I don't know what to do. When I start with being thankful, I supernaturally make it through the day. I can see and think more clearly, and I can make better decisions when the moments come to make them.

Upvote 0

Deborah D

Prayer Warrior
Site Supporter
Aug 25, 2018
USA
✟224,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
My dear Ekina, sometimes God takes us through very hard things so that we won't stray. So that our eyes will stay plastered to His face. So that our hearts will stay moldable to Him. The waters that seem uncharted to us have been charted by Him!

The truth is that He disciplines those He loves. Look at what He says in Hebrews 12:5-7.

"And you have forgotten the exhortation that addresses you as sons: 'My son, do not take lightly the discipline of the Lord, and do not lose heart when He rebukes you. For the Lord disciplines the one He loves, and He chastises everyone He receives as a son.' Endure suffering as discipline; God is treating you as sons. For what son is not disciplined by his father?"

I know how hard life can be!! I've said very little about what my girls and I have been through over the last few years. But I can say with certainty that there comes a time when the present impossible trials are done! God will give you rest. He promises this!

Hang on to Him. He's hanging on to you! I will continue to pray for you and your daughter!

• Friendly
Reactions: JI4M
Upvote 0

JI4M

Nov 7, 2018
Philadelphia
✟56,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You do have the will to come close to God again. Start with prayer. Read a few scripture a day. Pray for healing and relief..

This is where I am failing. This is what I have no will to do and I know that I need to do it in order to get close with Jesus. Pray for me that I get this back.

Upvote 0

JI4M

Nov 7, 2018
Philadelphia
✟56,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The good new is that if you have strayed away, fixing that is only one conversation with the Lord away. All you have to do is confess that and ask for forgiveness and just start walking with Him again. It doesn't have to be a huge undertaking, because He has already provided an easy way out for us. He's hasn't strayed away from you, He's just waiting for acknowledgement and repentance (which isn't as hard as people think either).

As to your personal situations, bad things happen to everyone whether they are in close relationship with the Lord or not. A lot of really bad things have happened in my life, health related and otherwise, and most of it was not my fault. "When it rains, it pours," became a popular saying for a reason. It's true, and it happens to anybody, righteous or unrighteous.

I'm not much older than you, and have been a single mom with health problems, kids with health and mental health problems, and a host of other really bad situations. I know the fear you feel. I know the self-blame and guilt. I know what being overwhelmed and full of fear is.

It is true that some things can be the natural consequences of our lifestyle or personal choices. But overall life is hard and terrible things happen just because we live in a fallen world, with fallen people, many struggles. Jesus warned that there would be troubles. The Bible doesn't promise us that we will not have problems, but it does promise us that God will not leave us. It promises us that His grace is sufficient to help us get through it.

I have learned that even in the worst times, God was still there, and He was not angry. He still provided, and He still gave blessings even when it wasn't to take away the problems, or to heal, or to give me a new home...

It is helpful to point out, remind ourselves, the things that God has done, and the things that He is currently doing. That's one thing I admire about Judaism and Messianic Jewish churches. Remembering where they have been and what God has done is built into their religious observations and holy days. Faith can be renewed or strengthened by remembering and recognizing the power and the love of God.

I will go back to the basics and thank God for our lives, for loving us, for being merciful, compassionate, and forgiving. I thank Him for food, clothing, shelter, safety... sometimes the food isn't healthy or we don't have a balanced diet, but it's still food. Sometimes the clothing doesn't fit or it's not "good enough", but it's clothes. Sometimes we don't have the best place to live, but it's a home, and He always opens a way for us to move to another place even if we have to wait a little while. Sometimes we have been in dangerous situations, but He kept us alive. These things are huge. When I realize that, it gives me peace even when things are bad, and it gives strength to keep going.

There are so many days that I don't know if I will make it, or I don't know what to do. When I start with being thankful, I supernaturally make it through the day. I can see and think more clearly, and I can make better decisions when the moments come to make them.

My heart cry's reading, I really, really needed to hear this, thank you for taking the time to write to me, every word is taken in to heart and very appreciated

• Friendly
Reactions: JAM2b
Upvote 0

JI4M

Nov 7, 2018
Philadelphia
✟56,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
My dear Ekina, sometimes God takes us through very hard things so that we won't stray. So that our eyes will stay plastered to His face. So that our hearts will stay moldable to Him. The waters that seem uncharted to us have been charted by Him!

The truth is that He disciplines those He loves. Look at what He says in Hebrews 12:5-7.

"And you have forgotten the exhortation that addresses you as sons: 'My son, do not take lightly the discipline of the Lord, and do not lose heart when He rebukes you. For the Lord disciplines the one He loves, and He chastises everyone He receives as a son.' Endure suffering as discipline; God is treating you as sons. For what son is not disciplined by his father?"

I know how hard life can be!! I've said very little about what my girls and I have been through over the last few years. But I can say with certainty that there comes a time when the present impossible trials are done! God will give you rest. He promises this!

Hang on to Him. He's hanging on to you! I will continue to pray for you and your daughter!

My sister, thank you for ALWAYS being here and my rock in faith. This really is something I needed to hear and understand. Thank you for always guiding me in the right direction when I am so going the wrong way.

• Prayers
Reactions: Deborah D
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Stephanie7

Senior Veteran
Jun 6, 2004
✟111,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry to hear you are going through so much. You can pick yourself up and ask God to help you, like the prodigal son he will welcome you back, believe that He has forgiven you and taken you back, He loves you and wants to be the LORD of your life.

Heavenly Father thank You for giving us hope that all is not lost, return this single mom to You, comfort her and help her through the trials of her life with You beside her, take all that is broken and make it right again, In Jesus Name, Amen

• Friendly
Upvote 0

LynnSmith

Mar 28, 2019
Here
✟35,409.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is where I am failing. This is what I have no will to do and I know that I need to do it in order to get close with Jesus. Pray for me that I get this back.
I’m praying. Just call out “Jesus I need you. “. Keep calling out. Don’t stop.

• Friendly
Upvote 0