Wales
✟351,049.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
I've, just in the last few hours, have come down with some sort of malady that has me shivering spasmodically, running a temperature and a shooting and throbbing pain in my groin.

No idea what the cause it, and I thought it was caused by a burst blood blister on my heel from my new Dr. Martens (fashion is a killer!), but contacting the NHS non-emergency number, the consultant said that the blister wasn't the cause. But I still feel bloody awful.

Thoughts and prayers would be appreciated because my neighbour has said that cellulitis might occur and that hasn't gotten me pretty scared, especially since I am alone in the house right now because my parents are on holiday abroad, so I am, as you can imagine, quite scared.

Now as a bonus for reading this:

David's Harp

Dec 7, 2021
Scotland
✟46,483.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Hi Warden, that doesn't sound too good. I've no idea what it is, but the groin pain sounds like a concern. I've got a feeling you may need to see a doctor. What did NHS24 recommend?

I'll pray for you:
Dear Father we have this forum member Warden_of_the_Storm here who is in need of Your help if You Will. I pray that You will give him a taste of Your Comfort, as You subdue the sickness that he feels just now. You can do all things, and I pray that You will draw this member near through Your precious Holy Spirit, and that he will come after You in the realisation of what the blood of Christ has done for him.
In Jesus Mighty name I pray. Amen.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟351,049.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Hi Warden, that doesn't sound too good. I've no idea what it is, but the groin pain sounds like a concern. I've got a feeling you may need to see a doctor. What did NHS24 recommend?

I'll pray for you:
Dear Father we have this forum member Warden_of_the_Storm here who is in need of Your help if You Will. I pray that You will give him a taste of Your Comfort, as You subdue the sickness that he feels just now. You can do all things, and I pray that You will draw this member near through Your precious Holy Spirit, and that he will come after You in the realisation of what the blood of Christ has done for him.
In Jesus Mighty name I pray. Amen.

Just paracetamol and fluids, though I'm going to see about getting a doctor's appointment tomorrow to see what further can be done.

Upvote 0

David's Harp

Dec 7, 2021
Scotland
✟46,483.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Just paracetamol and fluids, though I'm going to see about getting a doctor's appointment tomorrow to see what further can be done.
Yes definitely. Phone early and demand an emergency appointment. Don't forget to show and mention your foot also, just in case it is related. God Bless

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟351,049.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Yes definitely. Demand an emergency appointment and phone early also. Don't forget to show and mention your foot also, just in case it is related. God Bless

The NHS line said that the blister wasn't related but I'll still mention it.

Reactions: ralliann
Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟351,049.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Just as an update: phoned in to work to say that I'm not coming in today, and at the time, I felt all right.
But then the heat and the pain came back full force after taking some paracetamol this morning, so I'm definitely going to phone my GP for an appointment today.

• Prayers
Reactions: David's Harp
Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟351,049.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
So as an update: had two call backs from the local GP. From the symptoms I described and the info I provided, the doctor's say that it's just some kind of viral infection.

I just need to rest, take pain killers and drink plenty of liquid.

Upvote 0

David's Harp

Dec 7, 2021
Scotland
✟46,483.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Well that's good news. Gives you peace of mind that it's nothing more serious. Any change? Better or worse? That's over 24 hours now. I caught Covid recently (first time since pandemic began), and would say it was similar symptoms, though no groin pain. The worst was over after 24 hours. Like a mild flu. No coughing, congestion or loss of smell.
I pray for your speedy recovery.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟351,049.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Well that's good news. Gives you peace of mind that it's nothing more serious. Any change? Better or worse? That's over 24 hours now. I caught Covid recently (first time since pandemic began), and would say it was similar symptoms, though no groin pain. The worst was over after 24 hours. Like a mild flu. No coughing, congestion or loss of smell.
I pray for your speedy recovery.

I did take a Covid test yesterday and that was negative. I'm feeling better since I managed to take the ten minute walk to the nearest supermarket to pick up a small number of things that I was running low on at the moment, though that did take a lot of energy out of me.
I've had no coughing, congestion or loss of smell.
It's just a really weird thing I've been hit with, so I'll be taking the next few days off of work to help me recover.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟351,049.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
I really should update this and say that I am better now. Took the week off work, took the rest and liquids I needed and I do feel significantly better.

Thank you all for the prayers and thoughts. I shall keep you all in mine.

Upvote 0

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Site Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,227,373.00
Country
United States