Washington
✟219,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It does. It says that the process of being born is what creates a baby from a fetus. Just like an acorn could’ve considered an “unborn” oak tree.

Also, when I look up the definition of fetus, I get this:

fetus
noun
fe·tus | \ˈfē-təs \
Definition of fetus

: an unborn or unhatched vertebrate especially after attaining the basic structural plan of its kindspecifically : a developing human from usually two months after conception to birth

I don’t see the word baby, do you?
Wow, you just don't want to be honest here, do you? You agreed with the definition provided ("It does."), then you find a different source that fits your narrative because it doesn't have the word "baby" in the definition. Seems like you just want to play word games, so have at it.

Upvote 0

ToddNotTodd

Iconoclast
Feb 17, 2004
✟255,331.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I have never heard anyone call their own baby a "foetus." I've heard "baby," "bub," and "bun in the oven," but never "foetus."
I have.

I’ve never heard anyone say that the have a baby, it’s just not out yet.

I'm not at all sure of that, because it's not mandatory to report abortions to the CDC, and so most abortions are not reported.

There’s no reason to think that unreported abortions follow a different pattern than reported ones.

Also, 20 weeks is halfway into the 2nd trimester.

And? Does that make it worse for you?

Upvote 0

ToddNotTodd

Iconoclast
Feb 17, 2004
✟255,331.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Wow, you just don't want to be honest here, do you? You agreed with the definition provided ("It does."), then you find a different source that fits your narrative because it doesn't have the word "baby" in the definition. Seems like you just want to play word games, so have at it.
It’s pretty obvious that it’s the anti choice crowd who’s playing word games, with their loaded language about murdered babies. Just be aware that if you’re ever in a situation where you’re trying to change someone’s mind, that kind of rhetoric simply won’t work. On the other hand, I’ve had success changing minds with logic and reasoning. So you might try that...

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And? Does that make it worse for you?

I was responding to your post #56 where you were implying that abortions were only performed on 1st trimester babies.

This is, in fact, not the case: abortions are routinely performed in all trimesters of pregnancy (even in cases where the baby is viable on its own), and pro-abortion lobbyists have campaigned hard against restrictions on 2nd and 3rd trimester abortions.

There’s no reason to think that unreported abortions follow a different pattern than reported ones.

Of course there is. If there's one thing we've learned from Gosnell, it's that the blackest stories are the unreported ones.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I’ve never heard anyone say that the have a baby, it’s just not out yet.

Pregnancy support services routinely refer to "my baby." I can't find a single one that refers to "my foetus" (or "my fetus" for Americans).

Upvote 0

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟219,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It’s pretty obvious that it’s the anti choice crowd who’s playing word games, with their loaded language about murdered babies. Just be aware that if you’re ever in a situation where you’re trying to change someone’s mind, that kind of rhetoric simply won’t work. On the other hand, I’ve had success changing minds with logic and reasoning. So you might try that...
Please let me know when you decide to start using "logic and reasoning" in this thread. All I've seen is word games from you. Unless that's your definition of "logic and reasoning"?? Whatever counterargument you were trying to make to the "rhetoric" was the wrong approach and failed. So, I'm not likely to take your "try that" seriously.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Bottom line friend, there is no excuse to have a baby murdered.
Regardless of politics or convienance.
That being said I can see how certain applications applied or put forth could reduce the number of brutal murders of babies.
Still no excuse for murdering babies.
NONE.
If you dont believe in abortion. Then dont have one. Or cause your girl friend or wife to have them. As far as stangers having an safe legal abortion. Thats their business . As for brutal abortions. The women is typically drugged. When they abort. So I think of a more humane way of terminating clumps of cells. Or even a babies with severe brain damage. I still considered it human and the mothers business. I notice Conservatives , that had abortions. They seem protests against abortion the hardest . So abortions are needed by people in Christians homes.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Planned Parenthood Is Accused of Mistreating Pregnant Employees

I think this is the first time in the secular media that they seriously question Planned Parenthood as an organization. This punches the mantra that pro-lifers only care about pre-born babies and women when they are pregnant. I also think this will change some people's minds about blinding trusting organizations' PR.
I see this as no worse. Then other business, that have pregnant women working for them.They are their to do a job. Yes, the employer can be nicer and should be.

Upvote 0

ItIsFinished!

Jesus Christ is our only hope.
Sep 1, 2018
Middletown
✟52,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If you dont believe in abortion. Then dont have one. Or cause your girl friend or wife to have them. As far as stangers having an safe legal abortion. Thats their business . As for brutal abortions. The women is typically drugged. When they abort. So I think of a more humane way of terminating clumps of cells. Or even a babies with severe brain damage. I still considered it human and the mothers business. I notice Conservatives , that had abortions. They seem protests against abortion the hardest . So abortions are needed by people in Christians homes.
Everything you said is 100% ridiculous.
Especially the last sentence.
Pro-choice = pro-murder.

• Agree
Reactions: Radagast
Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,471.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Everything you said is 100% ridiculous.
Especially the last sentence.
Pro-choice = pro-murder.

No, it is not.

A great deal of variation exists in terms of how contemporary Christian denominations view abortion.[7][8] Nonetheless, some Christian denominations can be considered anti-abortion while others may be considered abortion rights supporters. Additionally, there are sizable minorities in all denominations that disagree with their denomination's stance on abortion.[8]

Abortion and Christianity - Wikipedia

While I admire your passion on the subject it does not translate into good debate points. Labeling your opponents will in no way help you counter their position since you do not understand it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ItIsFinished!

Sep 1, 2018
Middletown
✟52,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ItIsFinished!

Sep 1, 2018
Middletown
✟52,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
oh, I didn't choose it. You gave me that label.

Big difference.
Actually I didn't.
You said you were pro- murder, I didn't say you were.
I don't know what you believe other than what you state.
So therefore no labels .

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,928.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Actually I didn't.
You said you were pro- murder, I didn't say you were.

That's not true. Just look a few posts back where you're labeling every single pro-choice person as someone in favor of murder :

Pro-choice = pro-murder.

A reputation for honesty is hard to recover, don't squander it.

Upvote 0