Middletown
✟52,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That's not true. Just look a few posts back where you're labeling every single pro-choice person as someone in favor of murder :

A reputation for honesty is hard to recover, don't squander it.
It isn't about squandering.
And I haven't labeled anyone.
I made a statement that I stand by.
If the shoe fits so be it, but don't be dishonest and say I labeled individuals .
Perception can be a fickle beast.

Upvote 0

jardiniere

Oct 14, 2006
✟152,266.00
Faith
Pantheist
Can you provide me an example /scenario of what you mean by legal killing?
Sure. Executions by state. Killing in war by the military. Self defense by civilians. Most killings by police. Laws that state killing someone in certain circumstances is legal, i.e., not subject to prosecution for wrongful death.

Upvote 0

ToddNotTodd

Iconoclast
Feb 17, 2004
✟255,131.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Please let me know when you decide to start using "logic and reasoning" in this thread. All I've seen is word games from you. Unless that's your definition of "logic and reasoning"?? Whatever counterargument you were trying to make to the "rhetoric" was the wrong approach and failed. So, I'm not likely to take your "try that" seriously.
I’ve always felt that when the person I’m debating resorts to “I know you are, but what am I”, it’s time to move on.

It’s remember that using hyperbole isn’t changing people’s minds, while I’ll keep changing minds using reasoning and logic. I have a really good track record...

Upvote 0

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟219,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I’ve always felt that when the person I’m debating resorts to “I know you are, but what am I”, it’s time to move on.

It’s remember that using hyperbole isn’t changing people’s minds, while I’ll keep changing minds using reasoning and logic. I have a really good track record...
Don't know your "track record", but here your "reasoning and logic" were misguided. For the "abortions = murdering babies" rhetoric you said you didn't like, you went after the definition of "baby" and such. Your "reasoning and logic" word games were refuted.

If your self-proclaimed "track record" was as good as you claim, your word games should have included the argument for the definition of "murder". Murder, by most common definitions, is the unlawful premeditated killing of another human. Roe vs. Wade makes the killing of unborn humans (aka, babies, fetuses, etc.) legal, which would give you a reasoned and logical winning argument against the rhetoric that you don't like.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ToddNotTodd

Iconoclast
Feb 17, 2004
✟255,131.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Don't know your "track record", but here your "reasoning and logic" were misguided. For the "abortions = murdering babies" rhetoric you said you didn't like, you went after the definition of "baby" and such. Your "reasoning and logic" word games were refuted.

They weren’t. Well, not successfully.

If your self-proclaimed "track record" was as good as you claim, your word games should have included the argument for the definition of "murder". Murder, by most common definitions, is the unlawful premeditated killing of another human. Roe vs. Wade makes the killing of unborn humans (aka, babies, fetuses, etc.) legal, which would give you a reasoned and logical winning argument against the rhetoric that you don't like.
I already have in this thread. It’s not my fault if you’re too lazy to look for it...

Upvote 0