Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟777,145.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
That looks really comfortable! I've never been on a night train before, only on short train trips during the day.
It was very comfortable. With a sleeper ticket, you get free access to the platform's first class lounges with complimentary refreshments (hot and cold drinks, crisps, cakes, etc) prior to and after the journey. You also get the same in the on-board buffet car. There's no shower on the train but you can use the showers in the platform lounges. They also come to your cabin in the morning to offer you a free breakfast. The staff were all very helpful and pleasant throughout. Also the price is very reasonable for what you get. Highly recommend it to anyone.

Upvote 0

Aquila Super Tomcat

⚡ Soaring Free ⚡
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2022
South Africa
✟280,004.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
It was very comfortable. With a sleeper ticket, you get free access to the platform's first class lounges with complimentary refreshments (hot and cold drinks, crisps, cakes, etc) prior to and after the journey. You also get the same in the on-board buffet car. There's no shower on the train but you can use the showers in the platform lounges. They also come to your cabin in the morning to offer you a free breakfast. The staff were all very helpful and pleasant throughout. Also the price is very reasonable for what you get. Highly recommend it to anyone.
I would definitely enjoy a trip like that! :grinning: :thumbsup: What was the free breakfast that was offered?

Reactions: Anthony2019
Upvote 0

Aquila Super Tomcat

⚡ Soaring Free ⚡
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2022
South Africa
✟280,004.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Here's a VF-2 F-14A Tomcat climbing in full afterburner:
a-left-side-view-of-a-fighter-squadron-2-vf-2-f-14a-tomcat-aircraft-ascending-2c1a96-1600.jpg

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟777,145.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I would definitely enjoy a trip like that! :grinning: :thumbsup: What was the free breakfast that was offered?
1669418815688.png

Just a light breakfast consisting of a choice of bacon roll or porridge and tea or coffee - but you get a proper pot of coffee, a cup and saucer and a complimentary biscuit!

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Aquila Super Tomcat

⚡ Soaring Free ⚡
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2022
South Africa
✟280,004.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
View attachment 323930

Just a light breakfast consisting of a choice of bacon roll or porridge and tea or coffee - but you get a proper pot of coffee, a cup and saucer and a complimentary biscuit!
Looks good! I would go with the porridge myself, as I enjoy porridge in cold weather. I don't drink tea or coffee though; could one get something else to drink if one wanted?

Upvote 0

Aquila Super Tomcat

⚡ Soaring Free ⚡
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2022
South Africa
✟280,004.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
I expect that will be flying at twice the sound barrier!
More than likely! As Maverick and Goose said in the original Top Gun, "I feel the need, the need for speed!" :grinning::sunglasses:

Upvote 0

jacks

Er Victus
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2010
Northwest US
✟675,211.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As opposed to the last gourmet meal I got while flying... And yes the package included all 6 pretzels!
1669497808333.png

Reactions: Leaf473
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aquila Super Tomcat

⚡ Soaring Free ⚡
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2022
South Africa
✟280,004.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
As opposed to the last gourmet meal I got while flying... And yes the package included all 6 pretzels!
View attachment 323983
I'm assuming that was a Southwest flight, from the name Southwest on the package. I've never flown with Southwest, so I didn't know they provide so little for meals; in fact, I know very little about them, other than that they're in the US. Are they a low-cost airline?

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

jacks

Er Victus
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2010
Northwest US
✟675,211.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Are they a low-cost airline?

Were you able to eat all six before the flight was over?
Yes, low cost....you get what you pay for. And yes I ate all 6, it was a 3 hour flight. They also served some flat Sprite at no extra cost! At least the crying infant fell asleep after 2 hours and I spent most of that time waiting for the restroom. :confused: You got to love coach, moooo!

• Haha
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,136.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
As this thread implies this for sharing pictures and videos of cool machines. Please don't share anything that contains cuss words. ;)

Now to start off. Union Pacific 4014 restored and under steam in this beautiful video set to music. You'll see her plenty in my shares. She's an impressive and beautiful machine with a backhanded nickname.

Yeah that was a hilarious movie, I love Steve Martin & John Candy movies.

Upvote 0

Aquila Super Tomcat

⚡ Soaring Free ⚡
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2022
South Africa
✟280,004.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Yes, low cost....you get what you pay for. And yes I ate all 6, it was a 3 hour flight. They also served some flat Sprite at no extra cost! At least the crying infant fell asleep after 2 hours and I spent most of that time waiting for the restroom. :confused: You got to love coach, moooo!
I wouldn't enjoy a flight like that, and I enjoy flying. I've only ever flown coach myself, but I've only really flown on full-service airlines (I haven't flown very often). I hope you weren't crammed into a middle seat as well; those are the worst!

Upvote 0

Aquila Super Tomcat

⚡ Soaring Free ⚡
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2022
South Africa
✟280,004.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Not really a plane, train or automobile, but this is definitely the best way to travel!

Was that a hydroplane?
That looks like fun! I've always enjoyed ships and boats myself, and I'm also wondering if that was a hydrofoil.:grinning:
That looks like fun! I've always enjoyed ships and boats myself, and I'm also wondering if that was a hydrofoil. :grinning:

I think the Nimitz-class aircraft carriers are really amazing:
1280px-USS_Nimitz_in_Victoria_Canada_036.jpg

Upvote 0

Aquila Super Tomcat

⚡ Soaring Free ⚡
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2022
South Africa
✟280,004.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Beautiful!
I agree! The only thing that would make her (this is USS Nimitz herself) even more beautiful is if there were Tomcats on her deck. This is my favourite photo of USS Theodore Roosevelt, with her flight deck full of F-14Ds:
9be57b239b5c4e658d46b9c78695a173.jpg

Upvote 0