Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
So does anyone enjoy photography here? Is it your hobby? :) Show all of us either your own work or other photography you enjoy!

I love all kinds of photography, like animals, scenery, weather, portraits, creative etc..

I do do photography myself.. Mainly of my dog but I also have done a few dog festivals (yes that's a thing :p) and other regular town festivals, scenery, weather, etc.

I would LOVE to do more dramatic photography like abandoned buildings, ghost towns, etc.

Galatea

Oct 18, 2016
Alabama
✟70,081.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
image.jpeg
I am a pretty poor photographer, but it is something I would like to learn. Here is a picture of my rabbit. His name is Cookie. He has glaucoma and had to have one of his eyes removed. That's why it looks red, here. It was after his surgery.

Upvote 0

LadyOfMystery

Heart of Gold
Mar 25, 2007
North Carolina
✟279,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
View attachment 199451 I am a pretty poor photographer, but it is something I would like to learn. Here is a picture of my rabbit. His name is Cookie. He has glaucoma and had to have one of his eyes removed. That's why it looks red, here. It was after his surgery.

Awww Cookie! :bigeye: He's adorable.

I basically self taught myself.. I bought a few years ago a Nikon D3100 DSLR camera. I still honestly don't know all I can do with my camera and am constantly learning. I look at a lot of tutorials about what different settings mean and when you should use them.

Reactions: Galatea
Upvote 0

Galatea

Oct 18, 2016
Alabama
✟70,081.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Awww Cookie! :bigeye: He's adorable.

I basically self taught myself.. I bought a few years ago a Nikon D3100 DSLR camera. I still honestly don't know all I can do with my camera and am constantly learning. I look at a lot of tutorials about what different settings mean and when you should use them.
He's a sweet rabbit, the best. I tell people rabbits make the best pets. They are no muss, no fuss.

I think that is probably fun, to learn how to photograph as you go along, trial and error. I saw in your original post that you like abandoned barns? I love images of plants taking over buildings and old cars and things like that. Like nature reclaiming the Earth.

Upvote 0

LadyOfMystery

Heart of Gold
Mar 25, 2007
North Carolina
✟279,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
He's a sweet rabbit, the best. I tell people rabbits make the best pets. They are no muss, no fuss.

I think that is probably fun, to learn how to photograph as you go along, trial and error. I saw in your original post that you like abandoned barns? I love images of plants taking over buildings and old cars and things like that. Like nature reclaiming the Earth.

Yesss! Thats exactly what I want to capture.. vines over fences, ivy climbing up the side of buildings and houses... old cars, or abandoned cars. I like dramatic things, maybe a hazy photo, or fog, drizzling rain. :bigeye:

Upvote 0

Galatea

Oct 18, 2016
Alabama
✟70,081.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yesss! Thats exactly what I want to capture.. vines over fences, ivy climbing up the side of buildings and houses... old cars, or abandoned cars. I like dramatic things, maybe a hazy photo, or fog, drizzling rain. :bigeye:
What is your favorite photograph of anything you have taken so far?

Upvote 0

LadyOfMystery

Heart of Gold
Mar 25, 2007
North Carolina
✟279,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
What is your favorite photograph of anything you have taken so far?

Ooh good question. I actually do have a favorite photograph. I will have to find it though and I'll post it tomorrow :)

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,820.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
My own work. This is actually a picture of a white cotton tank top (inside the tank top) at the clothesline. :)

With a bit of artificial coloring and shading with photoshop, it looks like a stormy afternoon sky over a wheat field.

030420071066.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Travelers.Soul

Traveler; Dreamer; Warrior; Coffee lover
Aug 15, 2010
Land of the Horse
✟132,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I enjoy photography. For me it is a good outlet for my creative side. I enjoy taking pictures of architecture, scenery, animals, etc. I am not big on taking pictures of people unless they are family and friends. I don't tend to keep photos on my laptop they are stored in an external hard drive but I do have a few so I thought I'd share what I had handy. (None of these photos have been edited.)

DSCN3359.JPG
DSCN3305.JPG
DSCN3304.JPG

DSCN3289.JPG

Upvote 0

LadyOfMystery

Heart of Gold
Mar 25, 2007
North Carolina
✟279,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
My own work. This is actually a picture of a white cotton tank top (inside the tank top) at the clothesline. :)

With a bit of artificial coloring and shading with photoshop, it looks like a stormy afternoon sky over a wheat field.

View attachment 199479

Okay @timewerx I admit when I first saw this this morning I couldn't see what you were saying about the photo, I was only seeing fabric. But I see it now and it's almost like an optical illusion. Total kudos for getting this photo, it's very creative and I like how your mind worked to create this. I can definitely see what you're saying about how it looks and now I can't stop staring at it, haha. This is really awesome. Now I wanna go try it. :\

Had some fun in Tokyo. Only amateur stuff Here's a couple of my favourites

View attachment 199490 .

View attachment 199488
View attachment 199492

These are great @ReesePiece23! I love that last photo. I bet that was awesome seeing it all in person though. I would love to do more traveling and see all this stuff up close and personal. Great captures of the city life. :thumbsup:

:bigeye: I think my heart melted seeing these photos. I would love to travel to Italy and Greece (and like a million other places..). These are just wonderful and the thing is... these places are already set up perfectly for photography. Like where you can see water through the doorway. :tutu: I love all these.

I enjoy photography. For me it is a good outlet for my creative side. I enjoy taking pictures of architecture, scenery, animals, etc. I am not big on taking pictures of people unless they are family and friends. I don't tend to keep photos on my laptop they are stored in an external hard drive but I do have a few so I thought I'd share what I had handy. (None of these photos have been edited.)

View attachment 199512 View attachment 199511 View attachment 199510
View attachment 199513

I really need to keep my photos on an external hard drive. Do you have a recommendation? Is it like a USB thing? :sorry: I'm kind of..not tech savvy so I don't know where or what to keep my things on so they don't get deleted.

I absolutely LOVE the inside of the flower one. All these are wonderful but that one is my favorite. Funny thing is I have a very similar photo to the last photo you posted. :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LadyOfMystery

Heart of Gold
Mar 25, 2007
North Carolina
✟279,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Okay to answer @Galatea question about my favorite photo I've taken would HAVE to be this one:

Rascal16.jpg

The ONLY thing I did to this photo was I enhanced the contrast a little so it was darker in the background and it enhanced the shadows on his face as well. I would also love this as a painting. I don't even know if that could be done though.

Like I love everything about it. I love the fact that I was able to get this shot.. I love the face he's making, the perfectly placed shadows, the green grass, everythinggg.

Upvote 0

Multifavs

Daughter of God
Site Supporter
May 28, 2017
USA
✟151,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
All of these photos are very nice! ^-^
I like to take photos sometimes. It's not really a big hobby but I enjoy it. I take photos of things I happen to see that look cute/cool or scenery that looks pretty, mostly. :)

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,820.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Okay @timewerx I admit when I first saw this this morning I couldn't see what you were saying about the photo, I was only seeing fabric. But I see it now and it's almost like an optical illusion. Total kudos for getting this photo, it's very creative and I like how your mind worked to create this. I can definitely see what you're saying about how it looks and now I can't stop staring at it, haha. This is really awesome. Now I wanna go try it. :\

Many of my work depicts nature scenes in otherwise, very ordinary objects.

Most of the work (in coloring and shading) was done in photoshop. It wasn't hard really. Only took me less than one hour to make.

It's actually an expression of my love of nature scenery. I am supposed to take real pictures of natural landscapes in wide open spaces and the sky but I never had the opportunity. It's been like 5 years since I've seen even a large patch of lawn! :D

So I would make one that came from my mind and these artwork often ends up as wallpaper in my computer!

I have also done some re-coloring of some of Van Gogh's paintings. There are few things we both obsess at -- wheat fields, dirt roads, and madness! Ironically, I've never seen a wheat field in real life!

Reactions: LadyOfMystery
Upvote 0

LadyOfMystery

Heart of Gold
Mar 25, 2007
North Carolina
✟279,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Many of my work depicts nature scenes in otherwise, very ordinary objects.

Most of the work (in coloring and shading) was done in photoshop. It wasn't hard really. Only took me less than one hour to make.

It's actually an expression of my love of nature scenery. I am supposed to take real pictures of natural landscapes in wide open spaces and the sky but I never had the opportunity. It's been like 5 years since I've seen even a large patch of lawn! :D

So I would make one that came from my mind and these artwork often ends up as wallpaper in my computer!

I have also done some re-coloring of some of Van Gogh's paintings. There are few things we both obsess at -- wheat fields, dirt roads, and madness! Ironically, I've never seen a wheat field in real life!

Fantastic. :D

I think you've made the best out of what you have, and what you have is a very artistic mind and creative skill. I would love to see any other photos you have that you wouldn't mind sharing and what you see them to be.

I was really impressed as I was looking at the photo seeing it kind of come to life in my mind. :thumbsup:

• Friendly
Reactions: timewerx
Upvote 0