Southern U.S.
✟222,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Got some interesting shots of the full moon tonight, and of the crescent moon a few days ago. :crescentmoon:

20191012_220005.jpg 20191012_220023.jpg
100_3594.JPG 100_3577.JPG

Upvote 0

Rigatoni

Redeemed Resident Italian
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2014
Southern U.S.
✟222,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Ooh they’re nice. I really like the last shot with the golden hue. :)
Thank you. ^-^ The shot of the crescent was taken through my binoculars, since my camera by itself doesn't have great zoom capability. It's an experimental technique, but I might be able to get even better shots with greater clarity through practice. :)

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Thank you. ^-^ The shot of the crescent was taken through my binoculars, since my camera by itself doesn't have great zoom capability. It's an experimental technique, but I might be able to get even better shots with greater clarity through practice. :)

You did a great job! :) What gear do you use?

Since you’re a fan of astrophotography, here’s some tips from 500px, shooting, and lens suggestions. I think you’ve earned a treat or two. :p

I’m looking forward to your next set. ;)

~Bella

• Friendly
Reactions: Rigatoni
Upvote 0

Rigatoni

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2014
Southern U.S.
✟222,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You did a great job! :) What gear do you use?

Since you’re a fan of astrophotography, here’s some tips from 500px, shooting, and lens suggestions. I think you’ve earned a treat or two. :p

I’m looking forward to your next set. ;)

~Bella
I'm using a small, digital Kodak PixPro camera (FZ43 model). It supports up to 16 Megapixels, but I reduced the average photo size as it makes uploading them much easier. :) I also use a tripod for nighttime shots, and sometimes binoculars to increase the zoom - my makeshift external zoom lens, haha.

I definitely need to invest in a new camera, but I've been completely invested in my business lately. I'll be sure to check out the tips and suggestions though, thanks. :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm using a small, digital Kodak PixPro camera (FZ43 model). It supports up to 16 Megapixels, but I reduced the average photo size as it makes uploading them much easier. :) I also use a tripod for nighttime shots, and sometimes binoculars to increase the zoom - my makeshift external zoom lens, haha.

That’s very creative and industrious! :D

I definitely need to invest in a new camera, but I've been completely invested in my business lately. I'll be sure to check out the tips and suggestions though, thanks. :oldthumbsup:

My pleasure. I shoot with Canon. The prices are a little less than Nikon. Both are comparable. The real issue is what you’re shooting. That influences the body you choose.

If you’d like some input, I’m happy to help. Let me know what you decide on. :)

~Bella

Upvote 0

Rigatoni

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2014
Southern U.S.
✟222,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
That’s very creative and industrious! :D

My pleasure. I shoot with Canon. The prices are a little less than Nikon. Both are comparable. The real issue is what you’re shooting. That influences the body you choose.

If you’d like some input, I’m happy to help. Let me know what you decide on. :)

~Bella
I am quite industrious, aren't I? :eheh:^_^

I appreciate that. ^-^ I took these shots yesterday as well of a squirrel on his perch, using my smartphone. An extended zoom would have really come in handy in this case.
20191012_174622(0).jpg 20191012_174704.jpg

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I am quite industrious, aren't I? :eheh:^_^

Yes you are. :satisfied:

What’s your favorite subject? I know you like nature. :)

I took these shots yesterday as well of a squirrel on his perch, using my smartphone. An extended zoom would have really come in handy in this case.

Your control of light is very good. Was this taken midday or after noon? There’s just enough shadow from the trees to prevent over exposure. Well done! ;)

~Bella

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Rigatoni

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2014
Southern U.S.
✟222,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yes you are. :satisfied:

What’s your favorite subject? I know you like nature. :)
Nature for sure. I've noticed I mostly enjoy taking photos as a form of documentation, like to preserve feelings or experiences at the present time, and not necessarily of the scene itself. Although, I do enjoy nature shots as well, and of plays of light or form, architecture or of other things that inspire.

I would love to get more into astrophotography (as you mentioned), as well as tilt-shift shots, time lapse, macro, underwater and other types. :oldthumbsup:

Your control of light is very good. Was this taken midday or after noon? There’s just enough shadow from the trees to prevent over exposure. Well done! ;)

~Bella
Thank you! :sohappy: And it was taken in the late afternoon. :)

• Friendly
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Nature for sure. I've noticed I mostly enjoy taking photos as a form of documentation, like to preserve feelings or experiences at the present time, and not necessarily of the scene itself.

That’s really important. Do you make note of your thoughts at the time or capture the moments only?

I became aware of the necessity of documenting when my grandfather passed away. There were images my grandmother couldn’t identify. She remembered the faces but not the names. A lot of years had passed.

I told myself that little notes would have helped. That’s the purpose of scrapbooking. Its storytelling. :)

Although, I do enjoy nature shots as well, and of plays of light or form, architecture or of other things that inspire.

I would love to get more into astrophotography (as you mentioned), as well as tilt-shift shots, time lapse, macro, underwater and other types. :oldthumbsup:

Wow, you are a serious aficionado! All of the mediums you’ve mentioned are very technical. How apropos! But I like them all. :clap:

I enjoy lifestyle, food, fashion, fine art, landscape, and still life. :)
Thank you! :sohappy: And it was taken in the late afternoon. :)

It looked like a post noon shot. The brightness of the sun was the tip off. :)

~Bella

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rigatoni

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2014
Southern U.S.
✟222,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
That’s really important. Do you make note of your thoughts at the time or capture the moments only?

I became aware of the necessity of documenting when my grandfather passed away. There were images my grandmother couldn’t identify. She remembered the faces but not the names. A lot of years had passed.

I told myself that little notes would have helped. That’s the purpose of scrapbooking. Its storytelling. :)
I don't really make notes, just focus on a object in the frame that acts as a reference. A lot of what I do seems to involve invoking feelings or emotions, even in architecture and game design. Just like with the photos of the moon I uploaded, I loved the first two because of what it conveyed to me. That image invoked wonder, mystery, magnificence - it was like Jesus appearing at night in radiant glory, and the clouds departing at His majesty.
314918_1f55fd8f2115e6220b47d4b3ceef540e.jpg

I enjoy lifestyle, food, fashion, fine art, landscape, and still life. :)
Those are great subjects for photography. :oldthumbsup:

• Friendly
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
A lot of what I do seems to involve invoking feelings or emotions, even in architecture and game design.

I really like emotive photography. I’m drawn to images that convey a feeling more frequently than others. I hope to see more of your work as inspiration strikes.

Just like with the photos of the moon I uploaded, I loved the first two because of what it conveyed to me. That image invoked wonder, mystery, magnificence - it was like Jesus appearing at night in radiant glory, and the clouds departing at His majesty.

That’s a beautiful analogy. :yellowheart:

The image reminds me of a song I posted in the past. The scene is dark and there’s a small beacon of light. Its ethereal and beautiful. I wonder if our spirit illuminates darkness in the same way. :)

Those are great subjects for photography. :oldthumbsup:

Thank you. ;)

• Friendly
Upvote 0