Nov 8, 2007
✟8,542.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Climategate U-turn: Astonishment as scientist at centre of global warming email row admits data not well organised | Mail Online

American Thinker: Climategate's Phil Jones Confesses to Climate Fraud

To some extent I don't think this changes much, but while I to ascent to the idea that the main issue of global warming hasn't been addressed:

1 CO2 is a greenhouse gas
2 Accumulation of CO2 will cause the earth to warm
3 We are accumulating CO2
4 Therefore the earth will warm

Would it be fair to say that the scepticism and even high suspscion was both probably well founded, and justified?

I know this forum seems to lean predominantly toward the veiw of the scientific "authorities" (for lack of a better term). So what are the opinions here?

T

Tenka

Regardless of how much we are altering the climate all of the steps they've suggested we take should be done anyway. Starting decades ago.

Huge shift needs to be made to renewable and clean energy as well as reducing energy consumption and finding a sustainable rate of living.

This whole scepticism of global warming things strikes me as unbelievably petty and a waste of effort, like disputing who the captain of a sinking ship is.

Upvote 0

Cabal

Jul 22, 2007
London
✟30,012.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
BBC News - Q&A: Professor Phil Jones

When you look at what he actually said (honestly, as advice from a Brit, don't bother with the Daily Fail, it's basically the Fox News of the UK):

From BBC interview said:
B- Do you agree that from 1995 to the present there has been no statistically-significant global warming?

Yes, but only just. I also calculated the trend for the period 1995 to 2009. This trend (0.12C per decade) is positive, but not significant at the 95% significance level. The positive trend is quite close to the significance level. Achieving statistical significance in scientific terms is much more likely for longer periods, and much less likely for shorter periods.

Emphasis mine.

Reactions: thaumaturgy
Upvote 0