Personal spiritual experiences...

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I find it very encouraging reading stories of people who have experienced heaven or any other spiritual phenomena bc it shows God is so much closer than we imagine..

Was just wondering if anyone here experienced anything like I listed above and if you could share your experiences :)

Reactions: Sarah G

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟74,422.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My husband was a professing atheist. The mere mention of God could send him into a frenzy. I never brought up the subject because he just could not hear what was being said. I used to lay my hands on him while he was sleeping and pray for God to reveal Himself to hubby in a way there would be no mistaking it was HIM.

One beautiful, sunny summer's day, my husband was at his favourite pass time of fishing. He was bringing the boat in to put on the trailer and he had a heart attack. When the EMTs arrived, they could find no blood pressure or pulse. He was airlifted from this seaside area to the city for treatment.

It was a few weeks after being home that I heard my husband sitting at our table speaking to his friend, weeping, and recounting how when he had his heart attack he went to a place where he had never felt so much peace...and love...said it just felt like so much love and he knew it was God. He then went on to say that Jesus spoke to him, telling him he was going to be okay. He went on to tell this friend that he knew God was real and that Jesus Christ had forgiven him as he repented of his sins.

As he continued to relay this to his friend, he still wept. He related that it was hard to describe what he actually saw for it was so profound. He said he no longer doubted there was such a thing as God for he knew it, now.

I wept at the hearing of this. I knew God had revealed Himself as I had asked. That was two and a half years ago, and hubby still weeps when he speaks of God revealing Himself to him. He always stresses how he has no doubts about it whatsoever. I smile and rejoice at how great God is, there is nothing HE cannot do...

Upvote 0

Sarah G

Pro-peace, anti-war, anti-violence.
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2017
Netherlands
✟131,322.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My husband was a professing atheist. The mere mention of God could send him into a frenzy. I never brought up the subject because he just could not hear what was being said. I used to lay my hands on him while he was sleeping and pray for God to reveal Himself to hubby in a way there would be no mistaking it was HIM.

One beautiful, sunny summer's day, my husband was at his favourite pass time of fishing. He was bringing the boat in to put on the trailer and he had a heart attack. When the EMTs arrived, they could find no blood pressure or pulse. He was airlifted from this seaside area to the city for treatment.

It was a few weeks after being home that I heard my husband sitting at our table speaking to his friend, weeping, and recounting how when he had his heart attack he went to a place where he had never felt so much peace...and love...said it just felt like so much love and he knew it was God. He then went on to say that Jesus spoke to him, telling him he was going to be okay. He went on to tell this friend that he knew God was real and that Jesus Christ had forgiven him as he repented of his sins.

As he continued to relay this to his friend, he still wept. He related that it was hard to describe what he actually saw for it was so profound. He said he no longer doubted there was such a thing as God for he knew it, now.

I wept at the hearing of this. I knew God had revealed Himself as I had asked. That was two and a half years ago, and hubby still weeps when he speaks of God revealing Himself to him. He always stresses how he has no doubts about it whatsoever. I smile and rejoice at how great God is, there is nothing HE cannot do...
Great story, very reassuring. My husband is chronically (and occasionally dangerously) ill and despises all notions of religion and faith in God. I pray he will have some sort of life-changing experience like your husband had (not that I would wish a medical emergency on him).
Truly awesome!

Upvote 0

Jenniferdiana

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
louisiana
✟174,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Really? Can you describe that
Well it happened in march 2005 i remembered. I was paranoid about something so i ran from home and slept in an old abandon car in the woods over night near my neighbors house. The next morning i woke up and just continue to stay in the car for a few hours because i wasnt ready to go back home and then sometime a while after that when i looked up there i saw him he was looking at me laughing ...i cant describe what he looked like in detail because its kinda hard to but i remember he had some kind of stick or something in his hand holding it against his chest. and i was just smiling at him and like was all excited and stuff .. i think about that moment everyday..it was the best most unique day of my entire life

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Heart2Soul

Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2017
Tulsa
✟158,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think, but am not positive, that I had a personal visit by an angel. It was at a moment in my life that I had gotten into the sins of the world. Some friends and I had gone to a concert, we were partying pretty hard with alcohol and drugs. The concert ended at 2 am and we walked out to the car...i had extreme cotton mouth and I noticed a convenient store across the street of the parking lot. I decided to go get some gum and a soda and asked if anyone wanted to go with me. They opted to stay in the car and wait for me. So I get my gum and soda and as I was crossing the street back to the parking lot I heard someone call my name...I looked around and didn't see anyone so I started walking again and heard someone call my name again....I looked around again and out of the shadow of the store a man walked towards me...when he got close I asked "do I know you?" He said "No", I asked "How did you know my name?"...He said "The Lord told me." ...ugh I said "well I believe you because it has happened to me before but please don't witness to me right now, I am kinda embarrassed and been drinking."
He replied "I am sent to give you a message, Jesus loves you very much, stop straddling the fence and choose you this day who you are going to serve." I said well that is profound and yes, I need to get back in church. You can pray for me but not right now, when you get home....will you do that?"
I then turned and started to walk away but conviction hit me so hard that I turned back to ask for prayer right then however he was gone....I cannot say whether it was an angel or not but his sudden disappearance has confounded me to this day.

Upvote 0

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟757,456.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
What the heck... I may as well put in my two bob's worth.

I've had a number of spiritual experiences of various sorts. The night my father died he appeared in my room. He started with an apology for 23 years of cruelty up to that point, we argued and conversed, and at the end he gave this absolutely terrifying scream, and then just disappeared. That was in January 1979. I was an atheist at the time incidentally, and I still remember much of what we said, and in particular the scream. I could also focus on him, or see through him.

There's been three "double whammies" - like a breath going through you in waves from head to foot, very strong, very pronounced and they certainly didn't come from me. Each time, and every time, they were used to highlight a phrase being spoken by somebody else and I still remember those three phrases to this day (even though they all took part starting around Chistmas 1983 and were completed sometime in the following year) for that reason - I don't know how many Protestant sermons or Catholic homilies (call them what you will) that I've heard over the years, and I've forgotten them by and large, but I remember these particular phrases word for word 33 years later.

Other things - demonic interludes like a heavy pressure at night, a sense of peace when some Christians die (very pronounced the night my old pastor died - it went on for a good half an hour), tingles (which I'm a bit cynical about), and events that I think go way over being coincidental.

Then there's the witness of other Christians. I see a Catholic psychiatrist from time to time, originally due to depression, but these days it's more of a chin-wag. He's told me a couple of stories of his own, but about 3 months ago he said to me "Something strange happened last weekend".

He was attending a church at Indooroopilly, a northern suburb in Brisbane. He was at the evening mass when the priest announced that a parisioner had died that morning. It also happened this particular lady was or had been one of the psychiatrist's clients. He continued "She was in the church". He said she appeared to him and seemed to be trying to get his attention. As with my father on the night he died, he said he could focus on her or see through her, but it was definitely her. She seemed to give up after a while, and moved across to the other side of the church. He thought she had some relatives on the other side of the church, so maybe she wanted to see them.

There's been a number of spiritual occurrences, but to be honest, when I read these accounts that someone has visited heaven, I get a bit cynical. There's never any mention of judgment - just all sweetness and light. I remember my father's scream of terror, and he was a World War II vet, and didn't scare that easily. Yet he was terrified to the core.

There's a judgment all right.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums