Personal opinion: Why I cannot in good conscious ever vote Democratic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,474.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In no order of importance:

I cannot in good conscious vote for a political party that supports abortion, in some cases up to the moment before birth.

I cannot in good conscious vote for a political party that not only permits, but in some cases endorses mobs that destroy black communities while saying their lives matter.

I cannot in good conscious vote for a political party that not only permits, but in some cases endorses mob violence.

I cannot in good conscious vote for a political party that calls for the end of Police, give them orders to stand down and then prosecute people who are trying to protect their hopes from violent mobs.

I cannot in good conscious vote for a political party that calls for the end of ICE and turns a blind eye to human trafficking.

I cannot in good conscious vote for a political party that calls for and supports the destruction of national monuments, including the 911 memorial, monuments to those who fought to free slaves and our war dead.

I cannot in good conscious vote for a political party that endorses a man who sends thousands of elderly cover patients to nursing homes to infect thousands more instead of hospitals designed and available to help them.

I cannot in good conscious vote for a political party that condemns one politician for a 'political stunt' of having a picture taken in front of a church and two days later participating in a 'political stunt' taking a picture on their knees wearing scarves from slave traders.

I cannot in good conscious vote for a political party that does not support the military, and actively calls for funding to be cut.

I cannot in good conscious vote for a political party that thinks unarmed crisis counselors will do a better job than armed Police officers in responding to one of the most dangerous types of police calls _ domestic violence

I cannot in good conscious vote for a political party that supports Congress member who are anti semites and open display it in word and action.

I cannot in good conscious vote for a political party that supports Congress member who open call for the dismantling of America's economic system.

Just my opinion.

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Pray in silence...God speaks softly
Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
The Mystical Lands of Rural Indiana
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Well said. For sake of my reply, I will abstain from stating whether or not I agree; what I commend is the respectful delivery. I pray more people would be open & calm about their views on issues like this.

Let us take a moment to pray for politics worldwide.:prayer:

• Friendly
Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0

Rachel20

May 30, 2020
STX
✟58,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Your post is a good example of what I've concluded about Christians engaging in political debate - the only way to do it, without becoming hurtful like the world, is to focus strictly on issues and not people or parties. Regretably, most won't do that because you actually have to do your homework and understand the issues and that takes time and effort. Kudos to you though!

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,474.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I suppose it comes down to whether your party or God is more important to you. If your religion is tied to party affiliation, you've abandoned Him.

I don't have a religion, I have a relationship with the Father through the shed blood of Jesus my Lord and Savior.

• Friendly
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,069.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I don't have a religion, I have a relationship with the Father through the shed blood of Jesus my Lord and Savior.

Looks from your OP that you've set your party above everything else. What rules your life is what you worship. Are you sure you want to make it look as you have made it look?

Reactions: Jamsie
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,474.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Looks from your OP that you've set your party above everything else. What rules your life is what you worship. Are you sure you want to make it look as you have made it look?

I mentioned no party in the OP - but did mention the Democratic Party in the OP.

I have no clue how that equates to my choosing a party above everything else. That's curious. I also mentioned nothing that I worship, only the reasons why I cannot vote for anyone on the Democratic ticket.

You are more than welcome to support the points mentioned in the OP - I cannot.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,069.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I mentioned no party in the OP - but did mention the Democratic Party in the OP.

You mentioned no party in the OP, but you mentioned a party in the OP? You alluded to the republican party in the OP, and to a number of other far-right parties, but you didn't name them.

I have no clue how that equates to my choosing a party above everything else.

You're claiming a religious test based on political party. Which kinda confirms what I was saying.

• Agree
Reactions: Jamsie
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,474.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You mentioned no party in the OP, but you mentioned a party in the OP? You alluded to the republican party in the OP, and to a number of other far-right parties, but you didn't name them.

You're claiming a religious test based on political party. Which kinda confirms what I was saying.

The ONLY party referenced in the OP is the Democratic, as evidenced by the title.

I made no ‘religious’ test for anything, but offered the reasons why I cannot possibly support the Democratic Party.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,474.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
While I respect the primacy of conscience, it bothers me to see a conscience formed by propaganda and misinformation.
Please do your homework and revisit these misconceptions.

NOT one misconception mentioned. All evidenced by the words and actions of Democratic leadership. Thank you.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,069.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
The ONLY party referenced in the OP is the Democratic, as evidenced by the title.

But then you went on, describing the republican party. But it's not like all republicans are guilty of those things. A lot of them, yes. But I wouldn't withhold my vote for a republican who didn't happen to be an anti-semite, for example.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,474.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But then you went on, describing the republican party. But it's not like all republicans are guilty of those things. A lot of them, yes. But I wouldn't withhold my vote for a republican who didn't happen to be an anti-semite, for example.

every one of the points I listed in the op are uniquely Democratic Politician words And actions.

That is why I listed them as reasons I cannot in good conscious vote for them.

Upvote 0

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Site Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,226,722.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
ADMIN HAT ON
241636_9f4a3046555e3431f8a087b68dbce899_thumb.jpg

ADMIN HAT OFF

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.