Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,220.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
that would have a DIRECT and positive impact on your constituents do you believe it's ethical (or moral) to then go online and PRAISE (if not take credit for) the money and benefit the impact would have on your community?

1700108476486.png

Republicans Are Taking Credit for Infrastructure Bill They All Voted Against

And they've been doing this for a while now.

Personally, I find it despicable. I understand that you can "not support a bill because of all this blah blah blah" or all these "hidden expenses" (though it seems SO rare I ever seen exceptions to it). But if you choose to vote against it, then you should acknowledge the PARTY WHO actually passed the bill and got that DESPERATELY needed money to your constituents.

Because while some pork projects like do get through, if your state gets a few hundred million to improve infrastructure, why vote it down? Support your people dag nabbit!

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
that would have a DIRECT and positive impact on your constituents do you believe it's ethical (or moral) to then go online and PRAISE (if not take credit for) the money and benefit the impact would have on your community?

View attachment 339349

Republicans Are Taking Credit for Infrastructure Bill They All Voted Against

I agree they shouldn't try to take credit for something they opposed.

That's nothing new in politics though.

It's also common to see the opposite, where someone supports something....it goes sideways....and they pretend they were always against it.

And they've been doing this for a while now.

Personally, I find it despicable. I understand that you can "not support a bill because of all this blah blah blah" or all these "hidden expenses" (though it seems SO rare I ever seen exceptions to it). But if you choose to vote against it, then you should acknowledge the PARTY WHO actually passed the bill and got that DESPERATELY needed money to your constituents.

Because while some pork projects like do get through, if your state gets a few hundred million to improve infrastructure, why vote it down? Support your people dag nabbit!

That's a 10,000 page bill that nobody read.

When something that large is thrown together 3 days before it's voted on, the only thing you can be certain of is that it benefits their donors....not the common people.

Upvote 0