Laurens, SC
✟10,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello all! I've been on the forum for quite some time, around 5 years or so, brought specifically here to TAW by a dear friend, Uncle Clem who many of you know or remember and who no longer participates on the forum as far as I know. I've checked in and out over the preceding years as I've struggled with my desire to leave Methodism which I grew up with for Eastern Orthodoxy which I fell in love with. I've been gently encouraged by reading on here, speaking with Clem often, and attending Divine Liturgy often at both an ACROD and OCA parish semi-local to me. I have delayed doing anything "official" in so much as moving forward with affirming Orthodoxy and joining the true church while waiting for my spouse to come with me. I've pretty much come to the decision that I may be doing this alone as I have become aware in the last few months that I have essentially gotten to the point/place in my life where I feel that I need the church. I cannot continue to simply "dabble" in orthodoxy or continue to be a perpetual inquirer. I have made up my mind and my spouse and I have spoken about this decision and I will be moving forward with a formal inquiry with the most local to me OCA parish and begin pursuing joining the church officially. I am not sure why I was led to return to TAW today and led further to post, as I don't often post and don't have a lot to offer that is either interesting or edifying but perhaps I just needed to say this and consider it as a bit of accountability so that I do indeed move forward with this for my sanity and my salvation. I will continue to read frequently and seldom post but I do greatly appreciate all of those who dedicate so much time on here to answering questions and giving support and prayers. Again, hello and I hope all are well this afternoon.

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,297,733.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Welcome back :)

You know you are always welcome here - so please stay and post a little more often.

Our spiritual journey is often a long and slow one , and truly it never ends.

My God grant you peace as you move forward on your journey

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Glory to God!

Welcome back to TAW and please feel free to chime in anytime you like. I am deeply indebted to the posters here in TAW (some more of whom have left) and the ones still here who all helped me a great deal during inquiry/cathechumenate.

Glad to "meet" you! :)

Upvote 0

Mary of Bethany

Only one thing is needful.
Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2004
✟341,456.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I remember you, and Uncle Clem. :)

Welcome back, and I'm glad you and your wife have come to an understanding and you can enter the Church. I was in a similar situation, and 16 years later my husband is still not Orthodox, but we make it work. He's supportive of me being Orthodox, and I don't nag him to leave his church. It will have to be his decision.

Best wishes!

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
OP,

God bless you! Just a head’s up that we had a Lutheran pastor come to our parish as an inquirer for a year. His wife couldn’t bear to leave Lutheranism, and she wouldn’t convert. The pastor and his two children were chrismated two weeks ago as his wife looked on. She was quite sad. We all noticed it. Hard on everyone involved. He put God first. Now his wife is on the fence about Orthodoxy. She went out to lunch with our Protenica. This past week the family moved to the Midwest. Hopefully they’ll all be united in faith someday soon. It’s not easy converting that way, but the Lord isn’t easy. May God protect you!!

Upvote 0

GregoryofNyssa

Trying To Find My Way
Feb 28, 2011
Laurens, SC
✟10,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I experienced something never before felt by me at Divine Liturgy this morning. As Father brought the body and blood of Christ out for the faithful to partake, I was moved to tears. Not of sadness but of a longing, for something that I can't receive just yet. It was extremely powerful and peaceful. The comfort brought by the tears and longing just further strengthened my decision, resolve, and trust in the truth of the church.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I experienced something never before felt by me at Divine Liturgy this morning. As Father brought the body and blood of Christ out for the faithful to partake, I was moved to tears. Not if sadness but of a longing, for something that I can't receive just yet. It was extremely powerful and peaceful. The comfort brought by the tears and longing just further strengthened my decision, resolve, and trust in the truth of the church.

I have experienced that ...

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,515.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I experienced something never before felt by me at Divine Liturgy this morning. As Father brought the body and blood of Christ out for the faithful to partake, I was moved to tears. Not if sadness but of a longing, for something that I can't receive just yet. It was extremely powerful and peaceful. The comfort brought by the tears and longing just further strengthened my decision, resolve, and trust in the truth of the church.

glory to God!

Upvote 0