Perhaps this explains the Trump administration's slow response to Covid19

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Former Trump appointee encouraged herd immunity strategy for Covid-19, internal emails reveal - CNNPolitics

"A former top Trump appointee urged health officials to adopt a "herd immunity" approach to Covid-19, according to internal emails obtained by the House Oversight Committee and shared with reporters."

' "So the bottom line is if it is more infectiouness [sic] now, the issue is who cares? If it is causing more cases in young, my word is who cares...as long as we make sensible decisions, and protect the elderely [sic] and nursing homes, we must go on with life....who cares if we test more and get more positive tests," he wrote.'

The administration denies that this was ever taken seriously, but Trump's actions seem to indicate the he might have liked this idea.

• Informative
Reactions: FireDragon76

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Also, they thought it was only going to affect Blue cities and states badly and they could blame the Democratic govs for all the deaths.
Probably due to its hitting New York state and surrounding areas so hard before we really knew what we were dealing with. Ironically it is worst in red states, largely because they follow Trump as an example and have not worn masks as often or socially distanced. How many maskless rallies with no social distancing did Trump hold? He has to be complicit in the deaths of quite a few Republicans and their relatives.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
He should absolutely stand trial for his crimes against the country and his efforts to undermine sound healthcare advice in a time of national crisis.

I agree there needs to be legal investigations: it's the only way to save the nation's honor.

Probably due to its hitting New York state and surrounding areas so hard before we really knew what we were dealing with. Ironically it is worst in red states, largely because they follow Trump as an example and have not worn masks as often or socially distanced. How many maskless rallies with no social distancing did Trump hold? He has to be complicit in the deaths of quite a few Republicans and their relatives.

But in the limited Fundagelical understanding of morality, that was all about "personal responsibility" of people that chose to go to his rallies.

Everybody else knows he has blood on his hands.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Former Trump appointee encouraged herd immunity strategy for Covid-19, internal emails reveal - CNNPolitics

"A former top Trump appointee urged health officials to adopt a "herd immunity" approach to Covid-19, according to internal emails obtained by the House Oversight Committee and shared with reporters."

' "So the bottom line is if it is more infectiouness [sic] now, the issue is who cares? If it is causing more cases in young, my word is who cares...as long as we make sensible decisions, and protect the elderely [sic] and nursing homes, we must go on with life....who cares if we test more and get more positive tests," he wrote.'

The administration denies that this was ever taken seriously, but Trump's actions seem to indicate the he might have liked this idea.

This isn't the conspiracy theory section.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,150,273.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
This isn't the conspiracy theory section.
Seriously? This sounds very similar to how the UK first responded to Covid, as politicians panicked over the economic consequences of lockdown. Its a theory, not a conspiracy.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
No...I read the article. It doesn't include this....

That's the conspiracy theory part of your post.

I see. You do not understand conclusions based upon observations. Nope, no conspiracy there. Tell me, which candidate regularly had maskless rallies with no social distancing to boot and resisted advocating for the use of masks? That is not a conspiracy. Do you even know what a conspiracy theory is? They are not really theories since there is no reliable evidence that support them. Trump's actions support what I posted.

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
  • Haha
Reactions: Ana the Ist
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
That's not a conspiracy theory if it can be backed up by facts.

What facts? CNN gave us some out of context quotes from an email, sent by a doctor holding an administrative appointment, and........what else??

Is there some smoking gun evidence that was uncovered since this nonsense was published?

I've read the article 3 times now because posters like yourself keep mentioning this "evidence". What do think there's evidence of in this article? An advisor giving advice? A doctor considering all possibilities?

It's a bit alarming to see people jump to wild and unfounded conclusions and seriously believe they have some evidence to support it. What's your thought process here Fire?

I can understand why Subduction constructed a conspiracy theory....he apparently isn't aware that CNN is no more credible than Breitbart. I doubt he knows about the crisis CNN is facing. They're basically laying off their staff...then making those layoffs permanent.

It's partly because of their 24/7 Teump news cycle that will be gone very soon....but more due to the fact that they are struggling to compete with "internet journalists" and political commentators who simply cater to 1 viewpoint. Truth, sadly, doesn't sell as well as biased, psuedo-factual garbage that just tells people what they want to hear....

If you view it in that light....this article makes a lot more sense. They want their readers to believe in a conspiracy....because conspiracy theories rarely have any evidence and they get people outraged. They need a story that will keep people angry, and upset, and don't require any real evidence. They need a story about Trump the villain that will sell after he leaves office...otherwise they might have to go back to reporting the news.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
What facts? CNN gave us some out of context quotes from an email, sent by a doctor holding an administrative appointment, and........what else??

Is there some smoking gun evidence that was uncovered since this nonsense was published?

I've read the article 3 times now because posters like yourself keep mentioning this "evidence". What do think there's evidence of in this article? An advisor giving advice? A doctor considering all possibilities?

It's a bit alarming to see people jump to wild and unfounded conclusions and seriously believe they have some evidence to support it. What's your thought process here Fire?

I can understand why Subduction constructed a conspiracy theory....he apparently isn't aware that CNN is no more credible than Breitbart. I doubt he knows about the crisis CNN is facing. They're basically laying off their staff...then making those layoffs permanent.

It's partly because of their 24/7 Teump news cycle that will be gone very soon....but more due to the fact that they are struggling to compete with "internet journalists" and political commentators who simply cater to 1 viewpoint. Truth, sadly, doesn't sell as well as biased, psuedo-factual garbage that just tells people what they want to hear....

If you view it in that light....this article makes a lot more sense. They want their readers to believe in a conspiracy....because conspiracy theories rarely have any evidence and they get people outraged. They need a story that will keep people angry, and upset, and don't require any real evidence. They need a story about Trump the villain that will sell after he leaves office...otherwise they might have to go back to reporting the news.

Where were you when Trump said it would all be over by April? He constantly said this Covid was being hyped up and it was really no big deal. He downplayed it and downplayed it and you can't see it??? Then go back and read all his statements. If there is one thing Trump does, it is to state exactly what he thinks---most often without thinking!!

• Agree
Reactions: SarahsKnight
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Seriously? This sounds very similar to how the UK first responded to Covid, as politicians panicked over the economic consequences of lockdown. Its a theory, not a conspiracy.

Read the OP Goonie.

Trump's actions seem to indicate the he might have liked this idea.

That's an accusation that Trump used deception to pursue herd immunity and get people killed.

It's not an accusation of mere incompetence (and you're correct....there was plenty of that in every nation). It's a suggestion that the incompetence was deliberate.. part of a plan/strategy.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Where were you when Trump said it would all be over by April?

I was trying to figure out why House Dems were claiming that he had over-reacted by shutting down international flights...

I guess they must have all been secretly in favor of a herd immunity strategy.

Upvote 0