Visit site
✟1,506,545.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Our Lord Himself called deliverance from the demonic “Children’s bread” in his dealing with the Spyro-Phenocian woman who came to Him for her daughter.

The children are saved, the dogs would be the unbelievers in that story.

It's an assumption that that's what Jesus meant, though. He could have just meant his time and attention, as what was intended to nurture the "children." (Not taking sides in the larger argument, just commenting on your interpretation of this passage).

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
Jesus saw Him thrown out of heaven though....

And Job shows him back in heaven.-
Job1v6Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them. 7And the LORD said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.

If Satan was presenting himself before God, and as stated had up come from the earth, that can only mean that Satan was there in heaven.
If Satan can enter in the presence of God up there, do not be so foolish to claim demons cannot enter within a Christian.

Upvote 0

GTW27

Aug 31, 2007
Western Pa
✟203,736.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That again is your theory. It never says in the case of Mary of Magdala if the 7 demons came out before or after she was saved, or even if they all came out at the same time.

You are making assumptions not supported in scripture.

BTW, have you given this passage a good observation?

Matt 12:43 “Now when the unclean spirit goes out of a man, it passes through waterless places seeking rest, and does not find it. 44 Then it says, ‘I will return to my house from which I came’; and when it comes, it finds it unoccupied, swept, and put in order. 45 Then it goes and takes along with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there; and the last state of that man becomes worse than the first. That is the way it will also be with this evil generation.”​

How can the inner self be "swept and put in order" without him being born again?

And how can one be born from above(again) with an unoccupied house?"For I will never leave you nor forsake you." I say this, not for the sake of argument, but something else to consider.I truly liked Dereck Prince Ministries, because he was effective, but there where some things he just did not understand.

Upvote 0

YeshuaFan

Oct 19, 2018
Macomb
✟56,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Job1v6Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them. 7And the LORD said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.

If Satan was presenting himself before God, and as stated had up come from the earth, that can only mean that Satan was there in heaven.
If Satan can enter in the presence of God up there, do not be so foolish to claim demons cannot enter within a Christian.
Jesus saw satan cast down to earth when He came upon the earth...

Upvote 0

YeshuaFan

Oct 19, 2018
Macomb
✟56,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
And how can one be born from above(again) with an unoccupied house?"For I will never leave you nor forsake you." I say this, not for the sake of argument, but something else to consider.I truly liked Dereck Prince Ministries, because he was effective, but there where some things he just did not understand.
If someone was demon possessed before Jesus saved them, he would have dealt forever with that demon manifestation problem!

• Agree
Reactions: GTW27
Upvote 0

YeshuaFan

Oct 19, 2018
Macomb
✟56,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

How can satan enter a home that Jesus evicted Him out of, as in taking that person out of the kingdom of Satan unto that one of Christ?

Upvote 0

FIRESTORM314

Site Supporter
Feb 20, 2018
The Shires
✟197,596.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not into the idea the Christians can be Demon possessed. I do get the idea that one can open the letter box and throw in a match and start a fire or cause problems. A thought or suggestion can linger in the mind until it takes root and grow. This in itself is not a Demon - it is damage done by a Demon. The Demon in this case ran away laughing. We must become Firefighters not Exorcists.

Just my reasoned opinion.

Upvote 0

FIRESTORM314

Site Supporter
Feb 20, 2018
The Shires
✟197,596.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And neither have I.

Which means that if there was a demon there before coming to faith, it is probably STILL THERE. The bible does not record any removal of demons where there was not some kind of manifestation.

That made me think a little - it sort of makes sense.
What about someone with the Baptism of the Holy Spirit - do you think that would remove it or not?

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That made me think a little - it sort of makes sense.
What about someone with the Baptism of the Holy Spirit - do you think that would remove it or not?
No. Salvation is a work of the Holy Spirit inside us. Holy Spirit baptism is the Holy Spirit upon us (not inside) for supernatural signs and wonders.

Upvote 0

YeshuaFan

Oct 19, 2018
Macomb
✟56,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I'm not into the idea the Christians can be Demon possessed. I do get the idea that one can open the letter box and throw in a match and start a fire or cause problems. A thought or suggestion can linger in the mind until it takes root and grow. This in itself is not a Demon - it is damage done by a Demon. The Demon in this case ran away laughing. We must become Firefighters not Exorcists.

Just my reasoned opinion.
I believe that Satan and His minions can oppress us, IF we allow them to gain a foothold in our lives, but there is no scriptures that show us really saved Spirit filled persons can be possessed by Demons!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FIRESTORM314

Site Supporter
Feb 20, 2018
The Shires
✟197,596.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No. Salvation is a work of the Holy Spirit inside us. Holy Spirit baptism is the Holy Spirit upon us (not inside) for supernatural signs and wonders.

I've got an open mind when it comes to scripture. I've never seen a Demon come out with a shriek. Just because I haven't seen it doesn't mean it's not true.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
I believe that Satan and His minions can oppress us, IF we allow them to gain a foothold in our lives, but there is no scriptures that show us really saved Spirit filled persons can be possessed by Demons!
And never once have you or others demonstrated from scripture, that Christians cannot be demonised.

And having cast demons out of spirit filled Christians for the last 40 or so years, I could bring many Christians who will testify you are wrong.

Not only so, but if stopped talking and were were truly obedient to scripture, you would be either casting demons out of the believers, or the unbelievers.
One way or another, you should be following what Jesus showed in the gospels.

Instead you constantly pontificate on stuff you have no experience on.

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
I've got an open mind when it comes to scripture. I've never seen a Demon come out with a shriek.
I have occasionally, I have also seen people thrown to the ground and roll all over the place, I've seen them punch holes through the wall, I've seen the run a mile across fields to get away from me.
But demons are spirits winds or breaths, so all of the above is rare when compared to the quiet breathing out, coughing, or burping as the demon is expelled. (and very occasionally, farting.
Just because I haven't seen it doesn't mean it's not true. I've been in church circles a long time and been in some very spiritual churches - the type you do see miracles, etc. The Demons in the Gospels that got expelled were Pre-Pentecost. No Christian had Demons expelled after Pentecost.
Hohoho.
Every last demon I have cast out in the last 40 or so years was from an established committed Christian.
I'd have to see that to believe it - then again - I'm not too sure if I'd want to see it either.
Why not? How can you be such a wimp when Christians are called to warfare and casting demons out.
I do know that when Jesus was near - it was like fire and gas mixing - it went BANG before the exorcism. The demons begged him not to torture them. Can a demon live in the same proximity as the Spirit of Christ?
What sort of nonsense fairy tale is that?
And yes, demons can and do exist in the proximity of the Holy Spirit. You can witness that in Ezekiel when the Temple was filled with demonic idols whilst the Spirit of God was still there.
You can also see Satan visiting in the presence of the Lord in Job chapter1.
As a believer who could be possessed - it must be some challenge to the mind - he has the Holy Spirit teaching him and a Demon influencing him. I'm not too sure if that could go unnoticed by the person himself? Wouldn't it be obvious?
Doctrines of demons are very real in many a believer's mind. If the doctrines are there, so are the demons.
So yes, confusion may reign, but blindness generally seals their minds from the actual truth.

Upvote 0

FIRESTORM314

Site Supporter
Feb 20, 2018
The Shires
✟197,596.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hohoho.
Every last demon I have cast out in the last 40 or so years was from an established committed Christian.

That shows lack of respect for my elders - the last time i showed them disrespect I had the Lord on my back for months. He had them read my thoughts and tell me what I was thinking. I was thinking my insights and spiritual gifts were better than theirs. It well put me in my place. Now they may know more than me on this matter and may correct me - I'll listen to their advice ( not yours ) as they have earned their medals. But again - I keep an open mind.

Why not? How can you be such a wimp when Christians are called to warfare and casting demons out.

You've never been up against Satan then. If you had you wouldn't be boasting like you are.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
Hohoho indeed

That shows lack of respect for my elders
There is no reason whatsoever that I should show respect for your or anyone else's elders, people I have never met, and particularly if they teach nonsense.
I also point out that you have not shown respect for me, but nor do I expect or demand it.
You've never been up against Satan then. If you had you wouldn't be boasting like you are.
That was no boasting, just facts.
I doubt many have been up against Satan, although many claim they have.
A small reminder, Satan is just a single evil spirit, and not omnipresent. He may be powerful, but he doesn't attend every church.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FIRESTORM314

Site Supporter
Feb 20, 2018
The Shires
✟197,596.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is no reason whatsoever that I should show respect for your or anyone else's elders, people I have never met, and particularly if they teach nonsense.
I also point out that you have not shown respect for me, but nor do I expect or demand it.

Nonsense teaching results in nonsense behavior me thinks

I

Last edited:
Upvote 0

YeshuaFan

Oct 19, 2018
Macomb
✟56,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
And never once have you or others demonstrated from scripture, that Christians cannot be demonised.

And having cast demons out of spirit filled Christians for the last 40 or so years, I could bring many Christians who will testify you are wrong.

Not only so, but if stopped talking and were were truly obedient to scripture, you would be either casting demons out of the believers, or the unbelievers.
One way or another, you should be following what Jesus showed in the gospels.

Instead you constantly pontificate on stuff you have no experience on.
I just accept that greater in He, the holy Spirit, then he who is in the world, satan, and that when Jesus saved us, we are set free indeed!

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
I just accept that greater in He, the holy Spirit, then he who is in the world, satan, and that when Jesus saved us, we are set free indeed!
Obviously, the Holy Spirit is greater than Satan. And yes, Jesus set us free on a legal basis, but it is down to the believer to take possession of the land and all the promises.

That's why the church remains so bound and weak, nobody bothers to go up and possess the land of their inheritance.

That principle is the same as can be seen throughout the Old Testament. Although they had the title deeds, the enemy has to be driven out first with no compromises.

Upvote 0