Mar 13, 2017
✟186,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It doesn't seem there is. You might think this is deception. But deception has its meaning, place, and context in the Bible. Not every form of deception is bad.

Consider the possibility you might be coming on too strong with women you just met, influencing them to play safe with you.

No, my methods have been on the same level of getting to know them. Eventually one of them shows a mutual interest, but that occurs once in a blue moon.

Kind of like playing slots, keep pulling the arm and eventually I'll get a winner. (winner = someone that's equally as interested).

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,720.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
No, my methods have been on the same level of getting to know them. Eventually one of them shows a mutual interest, but that occurs once in a blue moon.

Kind of like playing slots, keep pulling the arm and eventually I'll get a winner. (winner = someone that's equally as interested).

A change of style perhaps and at the very least, avoid taking these things personally.

You knew the reason already (after talking to her friends). You must simply forget about the whole thing.

Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟186,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A change of style perhaps and at the very least, avoid taking these things personally.

You knew the reason already (after talking to her friends). You must simply forget about the whole thing.

What do you mean, "talking to her friends"? True, I guess I shouldn't take it personal. What do you mean "change of style"?j Are you referring to my method of asking them out? If so, I think I've actually been even more proactive lately.

And I think it's garnering some response, at least back and forth banter here and there.

I have a friend of mine, male single Christian his methods are too passive. IN actuality, he has policies like, "I"ll wait until I see her 3 times at a social event before asking for her #"

And I"m like "Um, why?" He says, "I don't want to come on too strong" and I said, "Believe me dude, I've known men to seal the deal with getting women's number after their first meet, you may miss out as such a man may slip in between you waiting too long"

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,720.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
And I"m like "Um, why?" He says, "I don't want to come on too strong" and I said, "Believe me dude, I've known men to seal the deal with getting women's number after their first meet, you may miss out as such a man may slip in between you waiting too long"

Many variables involved. With some meets, asking out the first time will work, others won't.

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
What do you mean, "talking to her friends"? True, I guess I shouldn't take it personal. What do you mean "change of style"?j Are you referring to my method of asking them out? If so, I think I've actually been even more proactive lately.

And I think it's garnering some response, at least back and forth banter here and there.

I have a friend of mine, male single Christian his methods are too passive. IN actuality, he has policies like, "I"ll wait until I see her 3 times at a social event before asking for her #"

I'd be more likely to accept your friend's approach. I'd be more likely to believe he was interested in ME and not just getting a date with a warm female body.

Upvote 0
Jun 18, 2011
San Francisco Bay Area
✟65,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I'd be more likely to accept your friend's approach. I'd be more likely to believe he was interested in ME and not just getting a date with a warm female body.

Well,we human beings,we all need touch.
I just cannot help but think of that Country-Western song ,that goes like this.

"If I said you had a beautiful body
Would you hold it against me
If I swore you were an angel,
Would you treat me like the devil tonight
If I were dying of thirst
Would your flowing love come quench me
If I said you had a beautiful body
Would you hold it against me" :)

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Well,we human beings,we all need touch.
I just cannot help but think of that Country-Western song ,that goes like this.

"If I said you had a beautiful body
Would you hold it against me
If I swore you were an angel,
Would you treat me like the devil tonight
If I were dying of thirst
Would your flowing love come quench me
If I said you had a beautiful body
Would you hold it against me" :)

That isn't the touch talked about in the Bible nor the need of human beings. Holding hands with a child or an elderly person can meet the touch requirement of being a human.

Upvote 0
Jun 18, 2011
San Francisco Bay Area
✟65,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
That isn't the touch talked about in the Bible nor the need of human beings. Holding hands with a child or an elderly person can meet the touch requirement of being a human.
But,you would have to admit, that on a cold night, the warm embrace of someone of the opposite sex,does fell much better than simply holding hands. And, women are usually complaining about how cold they are.
For example,when a lady friend of mine,,not a girlfriend,once told me that she had no romantic feelings for me .Anyway,when we were on a boat,she said that she was cold,because of the sea breeze. Before, and I was going to ask her, "May I warm you up?" She asked me,"Would you hold me? I'm cold!"
Well,that was a "no brainer". Of course,I granted her wish. :)

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
But,you would have to admit, that on a cold night, the warm embrace of someone of the opposite sex,does fell much better than simply holding hands. And, women are usually complaining about how cold they are.
For example,when a lady friend of mine,,not a girlfriend,once told me that she had no romantic feelings for me .Anyway,when we were on a boat,she said that she was cold,because of the sea breeze. Before, and I was going to ask her, "May I warm you up?" She asked me,"Would you hold me? I'm cold!"
Well,that was a "no brainer". Of course,I granted her wish. :)

I am not big on cuddling up with guys I have no romantic feelings for. Cold or not. I know how to dress appropriately.

Upvote 0
Jun 18, 2011
San Francisco Bay Area
✟65,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I am not big on cuddling up with guys I have no romantic feelings for. Cold or not. I know how to dress appropriately.
Well.....as the saying goes,"Different strokes for different folks."

I may not know her. But, for me,cuddling still feels the same. Cuddling also relaxes me.

And,there is no sexual activity going on, either. Yes, the number one rule at the Cuddle Party is "Clothes Stay on at all times". At the end of these Cuddle Parties,the women tell me how much they enjoy the fact that I give off "a lot of energy". Well, at least I am appreciated and wanted for something!

If you do not want to cuddle with a man,that is your choice .But,that is also..... your loss.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Well.....as the saying goes,"Different strokes for different folks." I may not know her. But, for me,cuddling still feels the same. Cuddling also relaxes me. And,there is no sexual activity going on either.
If you do not want to cuddle with a man,that is your choice .But,that is also..... your loss.

I don't want to cuddle a man I am not intimate with and definitely not a stranger. That isn't a loss.

• Winner
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0
Jun 18, 2011
San Francisco Bay Area
✟65,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I don't want to cuddle a man I am not intimate with and definitely not a stranger. That isn't a loss.
OK,I guess then we will just have to agree to disagree. But, remember this,"Every friend,that you now have, was, at one time, a …………...stranger."
With that kind of philosophy ,I have greatly enhanced my social life. Now, I am no longer shy, when it comes to meeting new people.:)

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
OK,I guess then we will just have to agree to disagree. But, remember this,"Every friend,that you now have, was, at one time, a …………...stranger."
With that kind of philosophy ,I have greatly enhanced my social life. Now, I am no longer shy, when it comes to meeting new people.:)

So you don't have a problem. Enjoy your active social life.

My husband was also a stranger at one time...but I didn't sleep with him the day I met him. It took time to build a relationship.

Upvote 0
Jun 18, 2011
San Francisco Bay Area
✟65,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
So you don't have a problem. Enjoy your active social life.

My husband was also a stranger at one time...but I didn't sleep with him the day I met him. It took time to build a relationship.
I was not even implying that you should sleep with a man,whom you just met. Most women,especially Christian women,that I know, would never do that.
I have empirically derived that, when it comes to sexual purity, women make better Christians, then men do. But, also,I have empirically derived that,when it comes to lying, I have had Christian women lie to me,more than Christian men have lied to me.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟951,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship

I prefer a direct approach but that's my temperament. I like men who are comfortable acknowledging their interest. Indirect methods and the "friends" route doesn't work with me.

Reactions: timewerx
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
I prefer a direct approach but that's my temperament. I like men who are comfortable acknowledging their interest. Indirect methods and the "friends" route doesn't work with me.

So you accept dates with men who ask you out but you don't know or have just met for the first time? And how do you address a man who asks you out and you don't find them attractive (assuming that you are just meeting for the first time)?

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟951,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
So you accept dates with men who ask you out but you don't know or have just met for the first time? And how do you address a man who asks you out and you don't find them attractive (assuming that you are just meeting for the first time)?

No, I don't and never have. I don't do blind dates either. I have general conversations with the opposite sex. Setting is a factor to some degree. For example, places of worship are merely that. It is not a setting where I'm considering a prospect or would usually entertain one. I've never done so. My mind is wholly focused on the Lord.

However, if we're referencing a dating site that's a different animal. I'm aware that many are looking to form connections and my behavior and interactions reflect the difference.

There is always a measure of familiarity with the gentlemen I engage with. Discourse enables me to gauge his suitability and attractiveness before a date would commence. If we move in that direction there's mutual agreement on interest and some measure of compatibility.

My primary criteria isn't faith. It's purpose. Ours must align or I'll never consider him. To do so would be irresponsible on my end.

What I was referring to in my original statement is the practice of engaging a woman's friendship with the awareness he desires more. I would never say yes.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟951,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
And, there is no sexual activity going on, either. Yes, the number one rule at the Cuddle Party is "Clothes Stay on at all times". At the end of these Cuddle Parties,the women tell me how much they enjoy the fact that I give off "a lot of energy". Well, at least I am appreciated and wanted for something!

I have never attended a cuddle party and couldn't imagine doing so. Swingers say the same and I've heard similar verbiage from hedonists.

I see no difference between this and dry humping. It's a form of surrogacy to some degree.

Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My primary criteria isn't faith. It's purpose. Ours must align or I'll never consider him. To do so would be irresponsible on my end.
Care to explain this in a little further detail?

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟951,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Care to explain this in a little further detail?

Sure. :)

I was called to the marketplace. The Holy Spirit gave me a business blueprint a few years ago. It's not in my area of expertise (finance) but represents a desire of my heart from childhood.

I'm in a season of ease. I've raised a daughter and don't have time or financial encumbrances. I can invest all my energy in its pursuit. I left the workforce several years ago and can live anywhere in the world. I am preparing to attend school overseas and will be studying for a few years. I anticipate 2 to 3 moves before returning to the U.S.

It's the public nature of my calling that's challenging. It requires a gentleman with good character, financial discipline and reputation. Femininity and a spirit a loveliness are its central points and its complement would articulate a healthy display of masculinity and godliness.

I don't have the liberty of curating my life. Authenticity is a must if I want to positively impact those I encounter. More importantly, it's not about hiding in the shadows. Opening up my home and life isn't for the faint of heart. And there are social obligations too. Legacy is a big part of this as is giving back. I am ill suited for the person who wants to burrow themselves at home or doesn't like visitors. The Lord didn't call me to a seat.

It would be inappropriate for me to be swayed by emotion. There is too much involved and it's not a lifestyle that many want or can live without complaint. Nor for someone who prefers the company of believers. That's not my ministry. And it isn't evangelism in the sense that most see. I'm called to those who have everything they need but lack the One True God.

I trust the Lord will bring us to the other in His appointed time. In the meantime, I'll continue to grow in Him.

Upvote 0